IGNORED

US Politics/Biden Presidency (Trump-free zone)

johnh

I'm so sorry everyone. The USA made a catastrophic mistake tonight.

Agree with Keithb18 here. A hate-filled, reckless decision, electing a sociopathic near-fascist. A man who has cheated virtually everyone with whom he has done business. One can speculate that this is a result of profound alienation, so profound that Trump voters don't care what Trump says. But my guess is that some significant numbers of his voters absolutely agree with his ugly views, with every ugly thing he says.

Good read.

"A vulgar right-wing populism emerges out of a whirlwind of anti-establishment hysteria." After Trump and Brexit, there is no doubt in my mind that Le Pen will win in France in May '17.

China doesn't have to do anything to become the world power, we (western civilization) will just take ourselves down

There are no words to describe my feeling right now. As an American, I am fucking scared beyond belief and feel this is quite possibly the worst thing that has happened to not only the USA but the world in a very long time. To have this sociopath in power in 2016 is beyond any logical thinking. This is Brexit 2.0 and I could smell this from 1,000 miles away. If I manage to avoid major depression setting in, it will be a fucking miracle. I feel like crawling into a hole and never coming out. Fuck.

It's good to be a bookie at the moment I'd imagine :D How many people bet on a Clinton victory? something like 80% :D Hahaha! Silly people.

Also a good moment to be an unborn baby I'd imagine. Hopefully a number more will survive in the coming years than if Clinton were president. Never forget the important things. It's easy to make Trump look like a disaster, but it's genuinely not as bad as he's made out to be. Presidents aren't as powerful as they're sometimes said to be. The USA can be glad about this result. Lots and lots of salty comments around the internet, but that's of course a direct result of the high degree of polarization. People think it's a disaster. Nah it's not.

It's good to be a bookie at the moment I'd imagine :D How many people bet on a Clinton victory? something like 80% :D Hahaha! Silly people.

Also a good moment to be an unborn baby I'd imagine. Hopefully a number more will survive in the coming years than if Clinton were president. Never forget the important things. It's easy to make Trump look like a disaster, but it's genuinely not as bad as he's made out to be. Presidents aren't as powerful as they're sometimes said to be. The USA can be glad about this result. Lots and lots of salty comments around the internet, but that's of course a direct result of the high degree of polarization. People think it's a disaster. Nah it's not.

I've been here a long time and I don't think I've ever read a more ridiculous post in all these years.

This is the most poignant thing about all this. Looks like European news reporters have succesfully diverted your attention to trivial things and convinced you to feel strongly about it. Those downvotes on my post are shocking.

I'm all ears - what is it you are talking about?

I'm all ears - what is it you are talking about?

I just wanted to point out that if a European thinks Trump isn't a worse alternative than Clinton, that it rather shows independent thinking rather than blind copy-pasting of newspaper/tv reporting.

But I hope that what I express here, an opinion that doesn't seem popular, doesn't affect the facet through which my EFC-related posts would be viewed.