IGNORED

Martinez - Yea or Nay?

Yea or Nay  

63 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yea
    • Nay
    • Ask me at the end of the season

With Arsenal, Man Utd, Leicester and Liverpool still to play... and a manager who has finished top half once in 6 seasons as a Premiership manager... and a wretched habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...

Shall we call it a tenner? ;)

Yeah, sound.

Josh just showed me a Twitter poll asking...

"If losing on Saturday saw Martinez sacked, would people be happy to see us lose? just after an opinion!"

24% (so far, only forty-odd votes in total so not a huge sample admittedly) said yes.

Would anyone on here go to that extreme?

"If losing on Saturday saw Martinez sacked, would people be happy to see us lose? just after an opinion!"

24% (so far, only forty-odd votes in total so not a huge sample admittedly) said yes.

Without a doubt no.

No no no.

I love my team and never ever under any circumstances want to see them lose.

I'm way to passionate about them

I think it is absolutely scandalous that any so called supporter would ever want Everton to lose any game ( except if it meant denying The Shite the Title!)

A place in the FA Cup Quarter Finals is never to be sniffed at so why would anyone want us to lose

I would go as far as to say a defeat and subsequent sacking could be seen as a silver lining to soften the blow of defeat, but that's it

Never in a million years. I didn't want us to lose against City to stop the shite winning the title and I wouldn't pass up a trip to Wembley to get rid of Martinez.

God no. The crazy thing is Martinez could still win us the cup. I fear it would be papering over the cracks in the long run, but of course I'd love to see it.

No optimism it will happen like...

Edited by nogs

• 2 weeks later...

Some scenarios --

1. Optimal -- Win the FA Cup and finish 8th in league. Roberto (probably ......) should stay, and will stay.

2. Plausible -- Win Cup and finish 10th. 50/50 whether he should stay, but probably would stay, as he gets Cup and Europe.

3. Unsettling -- win Cup, finish 14-15th. Should be fired, but probably retains job because of Cup and Europe.

4. Abysmal -- get to Cup final, lose, finish 14-15th. Should be fired. 50/50 that he stays/goes.

5. Failure -- lose badly in Cup semifinal, 0-3, another lackluster, wtf effort, finish 14-15th. Fired.

I have followed Everton since late 1990s, but because I got to see their matches so infrequently until last 5 seasons, I still don't have a full sense of what it feels like, right now, this season, today, to be a Toffee. But even from afar, it seems clear that for many/most local Everton fans, Roberto has to both win the Cup and finish at least 9th-10th. But absent overwhelming fan dissatisfaction, I suspect the bosses will give him another year, except for scenario #5. Good heavens, would he be retained even then?

We are getting lower and lower in the league. We will be in a proper relegation scrap if he's in charge next year.

Rom gone in the summer? That clown Niasse to replace him who he can't even trust to come on when 2-0 down.

I'm bored of writing the same shit as I haven't supported Martinez for a lot longer than most on here.

I hope our new co-owner can see sense and get rid sooner rather than later.

I think people would consider losses because it has been very difficult for managers to get sacked at Everton.

I was thinking a cup win but I also want a top manager, losing faith in roberto now.

We won't win the cup playing like that drivel today so safe to say we don't have to worry!!

We won't win the cup playing like that drivel today so safe to say we don't have to worry!!

We 'could' win the cup......even Wigan 'could' win a cup, now , where did they finish in the league !

Did Martinez get the Everton job 'because' he won the cup ?

Edited by Blue 250

We 'could' win the cup......even Wigan 'could' win a cup, now , where did they finish in the league !

Did Martinez get the Everton job 'because' he won the cup ?

We 'could' win the champions league, we 'could' do the treble, but we ain't not with Martinez in charge. We play like we did today and West Ham will smash us if they beat Man Utd, and we'll struggle against Man utd and they aren't exactly great at the moment. Trouble is on our day we are a match for anyone in the league, trouble is those days are very far and few between. Edited by mogsy

I would hint regardless of cup we have to finish top eight.

Any lower he should go.

Winning the cup can't mask our league form. Top eight would be a low finish but we could grow from there.

Any lower is disgusting for our squad.

Wahey we agree on something, Shukes! I've had a bet with Newty that we'll finish bottom half - top 8, no chance. And nor do we deserve it, we have been as shite as the league position suggests.

Wahey we agree on something, Shukes! I've had a bet with Newty that we'll finish bottom half - top 8, no chance. And nor do we deserve it, we have been as shite as the league position suggests.

Erm hang on! Why have you mentioned top 8? You said we'd finish 'bottom half'...I said we wouldn't.

So the bet is simple...if we finish 11th - 20th, you win. If we finish 10th - 1st, I win.