IGNORED

Martinez - Yea or Nay?

Yea or Nay  

63 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yea
    • Nay
    • Ask me at the end of the season

I think we are all due to for a reassessment of our beloved Catalan manager. This is quite simple - give a 'Yea' or 'Nay' if you think RM is still the right man for the job. So this doesn't turn into some unfair conspiracy theory, please give at least one reason as to why you made that particular decision. I'll even tally up the votes.

I'll start: NAY.

Reason(s): Yesterdays substitutions. Another reason: his insistence on playing favorites over the good of the team. Another reason: Our inability to close out a match when we are 2-nil up with 12 minutes to go. Shall I go on? No, I'll save it for other folks.

Nay - There are certain things I do like and rate about him but his inability to see out games and make the right call outweigh any positives for me

He's had a couple of season's and it's simply not happening he's assembling a good solid sqaud but it's pointless if the application is all wrong

Of all the seasons to show such inaptitude when it's such an open playing field and more open than I can remember makes it much worse for me

If Moshiri has the footballing nous his past exploits would suggest he will surely be eyeing up or have a possible replacement in mind

Nay. I could see the writing on the wall with the Bournemouth and Stoke games, I really wanted him to improve for the sake of our club but yesterday is a debacle too far.

It's horrible being an Everton fan right now, the hope coupled with consistent, often spectacular, failure. In the final analysis, I just don't think he's a very good manager.

Nay for me.

if this was an isolated season I would give him the benefit of the doubt, unfortunately for him and us its the second successive season!

I just cant believe what I am seeing at present as this is without doubt the best group of players we have had since the 80's and that alone make me want this fella gone and pronto.

Who to bring in? A week ago I was struggling but since the investment I believe our stock will have risen making us an extremley attractive proposition for a lot of managers.

My choice: De Boer or even Pellegrini the options are out there.

Coyb

Edited by Sherpa

Still going with end of season here.

Really struggling but sticking with him till the end to see if he shows any signs that he can get the balance right.

Can't see any point in getting rid now. Just another step to becoming every other club.

Let's stay Everton and back him while he is here then use the first week after the cup final to decide and act.

I'm wavering but when we're good we're better than any other team in the league so I'm in the minority (yea for now), That's the big difference between this season and last; last we were dire most of the time, this season we're brilliant a lot of the time so for me that's progress even though our league position doesn't reflect it.

I'd give him more time, but my patience isn't endless.

Although I'd rather a manager who likes to attack over defend Martinez is just too far down the attacking spectrum. 100% charlatan and out of his depth. The players he has available should be in the top 6 at the very very least.

I've said before.... It's not poor form. There's a pattern and that pattern proves he's not good enough.

Not voting...will wait to the end of the season.

I'm a backer of Martinez...but I'm struggling with seeing/saying the same things over and over.

If we aren't in or around that top 6 at the end of the season, I'm going to really struggle with how much time he should get.

Argh man, even typing I'm finding it tough. I see so much good that he offers. But we have been repeating the same thing over and over for too long now.

It's a tough one. For me anyway.

Not voting...will wait to the end of the season.

I'm a backer of Martinez...but I'm struggling with seeing/saying the same things over and over.

If we aren't in or around that top 6 at the end of the season, I'm going to really struggle with how much time he should get.

Argh man, even typing I'm finding it tough. I see so much good that he offers. But we have been repeating the same thing over and over for too long now.

It's a tough one. For me anyway.

I'll add "ask me at the end of the season" as an option. I might even change my vote to that.

Nay for me. The team has underachieved for two seasons now. This year has been particularly poor because of the quality in the side. When a team is underachieving it is almost always because the coach or manager isn't getting the best out of his players. And if Roberto can't get the best out of these players, he needs to go.

Save yourself the heartache - i've been lying to myself for weeks saying we can still do it! It's just not worth the weekly crushing disappointment. We will finish bottom half.

I'm going to use the same word I've used before and take the flak for it. So many are so fickle!

We make it to the semifinals of the League Cup, and the manager is wonderful. We lose to City, and he's out of his depth. At 3pm yesterday, the manager made a gutsy team selection and at 45 minutes is a hero for replacing Stones. We lose, and now there's a poll calling for his head. If we win the FA Cup, he'll be a hero again; if we lose to Chelsea, off with his head.

Whatever happened to reason? Is everything so driven by headlines, week by week, instead of seeing the transformation from an older boring team to a younger entertaining team with other youngsters waiting in the wings? It takes time to build a legacy, but so many appear to want instant gratification: McDonalds instead of a quality meal. Well, I for one am willing to be patient and see the vision come to fruition. As so many like to say, Everton are not just any old team. Everton fans would not want to win the wrong way but by simply being the best. So many good things are happening; let's stick with it.

As for yesterday's result, few teams in the league could have held out, a man short, for the best part of an hour. It's ridiculous to use this loss as a catalyst for complaint about the manager and team direction. Frankly, the team played their hearts out. Clearly, manager and players alike were devastated by the result.

Would this poll even exist if Lukaku had scored the penalty and we'd won? No, of course not. Which means that this reaction is driven by disappointment and emotion. As they say, count to ten.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Nay he has got to go. I work in Manchester and people can't believe I slag him off. I think people can't get past the fact he such a nice bloke. I was at the match yesterday and it's the things you see that the TV cameras don't pick up. Stones arguing with him on the touch line and Barkley shouting at him aswell. His subs are beyond comprehension. Ok bringing off Lennon cos he was knackered but bringing on another forward? A good manager would have brought on Barry to slow the game down and see out the win. It happens time and again, defensively we were brilliant until the last ten minutes but we allowed crosses to be put in the box instead of stopping them at the source. It spoke volumes that bilic after the match said on paper we have one of the best teams in the league, he is right we have.

I'm going to use the same word I've used before and take the flak for it. So many are so fickle!

We make it to the semifinals of the League Cup, and the manager is wonderful. We lose to City, and he's out of his depth. At 3pm yesterday, the manager made a gutsy team selection and at 45 minutes is a hero for replacing Stones. We lose, and now there's a poll calling for his head. If we win the FA Cup, he'll be a hero again; if we lose to Chelsea, off with his head.

Whatever happened to reason? Is everything so driven by headlines, week by week, instead of seeing the transformation from an older boring team to a younger entertaining team with other youngsters waiting in the wings? It takes time to build a legacy, but so many appear to want instant gratification: McDonalds instead of a quality meal. Well, I for one am willing to be patient and see the vision come to fruition. As so many like to say, Everton are not just any old team. Everton fans would not want to win the wrong way but by simply being the best. So many good things are happening; let's stick with it.

As for yesterday's result, few teams in the league could have held out, a man short, for the best part of an hour. It's ridiculous to use this loss as a catalyst for complaint about the manager and team direction. Frankly, the team played their hearts out. Clearly, manager and players alike were devastated by the result.

few teams would have held out? Erm I think few teams would have lost the game with 12 minutes to go. This loss isn't the catalyst I don't know if you've noticed but we are going to finish in the bottom half of the league for the second year running. How long are we going to wait for this vision? The team may have played their heart out but that's not enough. It needs a manager who can spot things before they happen and change the team accordingly so they don't have to do that

Martinez has lost us more games than he has won for us through bad team and player management.

He needs to sort out our defense urgently -

He needs to play our 2 most creative players more - Mirallas got frustrated through lack of game time and Deulefeu is not getting fitter sitting on the bench -

He needs professional help on substitutions - like when do you go for the win and when do you close up shop -

Pity he is such a nice guy with so much to learn.

Cornish Steve - two teams in the league came from behind with ten men to get draws/victories this weekend. So no dice with that one, there is no scenario in football you can excuse throwing away a 2 goal lead with 12 minutes left. To lose. At home.

And as for fickle... well if you call questioning the competence of the manager when we have thrown a two goal lead away for the third time in a season, plus the 3-2 lead at home against Stoke to lose 4-3, all in the last 15 minutes, then yes, I am very much fickle.