IGNORED

Norwich City (Home) Sun May 15

markjazzbassist

So why was Martinez playing Besic and McCarthy there??

Don't try to understand Roberto. Simple explanation is that he had his guys, and he only wanted to play his guys. He'd rather have "quality on the ball" than somebody who knows the position.

Anyhow, I'm happy to not have to think about Martinez anymore.

Missed the game as enjoyed a lovely family day. However it seems it went as I expected.

What the fuck went on??? I think I need to read a few biographies. Something tells me that his assistant had a few players pissed off.

It's all hear say though.

Apparently, Hibbert, Osman and Pienaar were told before the game (hours before) that they won't be having an extensions or new offers for their services. Which is a massive shame, as they now won't get the send offs they deserve.

If they needed to be told in order to say their goodbyes then there's no hope for them.

If they needed to be told in order to say their goodbyes then there's no hope for them.

I meant thanks from fans. Ala Howard (which was handled really well in the end).

Would have been great to have shown appreciation for the effort and commitments of those players to Everton, two of who are local and have been a staple at Everton for over 10 years.

Edited by Lowensda

I meant thanks from fans. Ala Howard (which was handled really well in the end).

Would have been great to have shown appreciation for the effort and commitments of those players to Everton, two of who are local and have been a staple at Everton for over 10 years.

What exactly was stopping them doing the lap of honour? Other injured and non-involved players took part, so they could have received their thanks then.

They must get some sort of testimonial. All 3 have been such an important part of the club for so long.

Ossie and Hibbo have both had testimonial games, don't think Pienaar qualifies for one due to the year at Spurs. Did they not join the lap? Strange that.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but yesterday we looked like we had a 'freedom' in our playing that I haven't seen, well, in I don't know how long. Its like farm animals fenced up in a certain perimeter, and all of the sudden the gate was open and now they can roam as freely as they want, always knowing they can come back home. Oink, oink, Mooo. Mooo. Chakakakaka. Chaka.

I dunno, that is what I gathered from watching that yesterday, Then again we *were* playing Norwich - not exactly Real Madrid in quality.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but yesterday we looked like we had a 'freedom' in our playing that I haven't seen, well, in I don't know how long. Its like farm animals fenced up in a certain perimeter, and all of the sudden the gate was open and now they can roam as freely as they want, always knowing they can come back home. Oink, oink, Mooo. Mooo. Chakakakaka. Chaka.

I dunno, that is what I gathered from watching that yesterday, Then again we *were* playing Norwich - not exactly Real Madrid in quality.

And we are not Barca either, I am happy with the result, now lets see what the future has in store. We may be on the way to great things or on our way to grate nerves. We simply do not know what is going to happen just yet..

Not Neville, he was back up man u's backside the minute he left us.

Didn't take him five minutes to forget us.

Everton never touched him.

Would disagree and say that's a bit of a reactionary response. I would say, however, that Man U is obviously an important part of his life. He was brought through their ranks and it was there where he achieved most of his glory.

Would disagree and say that's a bit of a reactionary response. I would say, however, that Man U is obviously an important part of his life. He was brought through their ranks and it was there where he achieved most of his glory.

Excellent point.

I just don't think we owe him much, but then an appearance in someone else's may he justified like you say.

I know Hibbert and Osman have had testimonials, but would be great to give them another one along with Pienaar. Tim Cahill and Phil Neville (I know not everyone's favorite) could play too along with a bunch of youngsters.

Pienaar doesn't deserve a testimonial. It is effectively a reward for loyalty after all.

Hibbert and Osman can wait until they're invited to play in someone else's. And it's not like they won't ever be around the club again; they'll more than likely be kept on in some capacity.

Pienaar doesn't deserve a testimonial. It is effectively a reward for loyalty after all.

Hibbert and Osman can wait until they're invited to play in someone else's. And it's not like they won't ever be around the club again; they'll more than likely be kept on in some capacity.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised to see the club invite Howard back for one over the summer since he was only a few months off being here 10 years.