Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

Weren't you the one on last Monday saying how the value has already gone back up?

The stock market in the US went down and quickly rebounded to higher values - yes.

The exchange rate is something else and will take a little more time. I've spoken in the last few days with a few financiers, and they seem united in their opinion that the current precipitous drop in the pound will be temporary and the currency will climb back over a period of weeks or months.

Gove out of the Tory Leadership race.

Thank God for that; I might get more than two hours sleep tonight without waking up in a cold sweat.

Might even make three hours before I wake up in an equally cold sweat such is my relief :unsure:.

Yet another Brexit supporter from the Tories chickens out of the running... Not a single spine amongst them.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36763208

Hope you're already for Teresa May...

Few days ago...

'The Conservative leadership contender Andrea Leadsom appears to have taken a swipe at the frontrunner, Theresa May, saying the next leader must be a Brexit supporter rather than someone “who is reluctantly following the wishes of the people”.'

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/02/andrea-leadsom-says-next-tory-leader-must-be-brexit-supporter

:rolleyes:

As a 'leave' voter, I was always against the view that the next PM MUST be from Brexit. It has to be 'the best person for the job' and that certainly wasn't Gove or Johnson. I think Theresa May is the right choice. I liked her quote in the Sunday Times after she had been branded a 'bloody difficult woman'. She said 'the next man to find out how bloody difficult I am is Jean-Claude Juncker'.

I think

She probably said that to appear tough for the daily mail public and to rally the nation behind her in an us vs them kind of way, but if she thinks she's primarily going to have to negotiate with Juncker she's as clueless as the brexit-politicians.

I think its highly unlikely she will be negotiating with Juncker, I don't think he will be about much longer. In any event, it was a joke, which is the main reason I enjoyed it and shows she has a sense of humour.

I think its highly unlikely she will be negotiating with Juncker, I don't think he will be about much longer. In any event, it was a joke, which is the main reason I enjoyed it and shows she has a sense of humour.

id rather she had a spine than a sense of humour mate.

In fairness though Matt we don't directly vote for a prime minister, we vote for a political party.

This happens all the time (Gordon Brown, John Major, Jim Callaghan and a number of others including Lloyd George & Churchill in wartime).

Although that was exactly the reason (some in) camp 'Leave' said they thought the EU wasn't democratic enough. You can't vote for the EU commissioners and the President of the Eurepean council, and that is an outrage! :leggit:

In fairness though Matt we don't directly vote for a prime minister, we vote for a political party.

This happens all the time (Gordon Brown, John Major, Jim Callaghan and a number of others including Lloyd George & Churchill in wartime).

Spot on. It's always been that way. Our system of government does not include a president, but it's worked just fine, thank you.

Although that was exactly the reason (some in) camp 'Leave' said they thought the EU wasn't democratic enough. You can't vote for the EU commissioners and the President of the Eurepean council, and that is an outrage! :leggit:

bingo.

Irony. Complete.

We just got rid of Cameron, tell us how its possible to get rid of Juncker? I recently read a comment (wish I could remember the guys name) by someone in the EU who said 'the undemocratic nature of the EU means we can't get rid of Juncker'.

We just got rid of Cameron, tell us how its possible to get rid of Juncker? I recently read a comment (wish I could remember the guys name) by someone in the EU who said 'the undemocratic nature of the EU means we can't get rid of Juncker'.

we didn't get rid of him, he shirked his responsibility and ran away

So much for Brexit causing the world's stock markets to fall. The Dow is breaking record highs every day and is up again today.

Great if you're an American. Met one this morning who lives over here but his pension is paid in $; he's happy because he's become richer overnight (he's already very wealthy)!

Though he's been here long enough to qualify for a vote and he was in the remain camp; putting the wider community ahead of personal interest, I admire that.