IGNORED

Steve Walsh (Director of football)

Ah, seems like Pete is bragging about player spotting. How many did you get wrong? 

Probably 90% of the punters think they are good at spotting players. They saw a player ten years ago once or twice and they happened to play well and that player actually has had a good career -> I'm a real talent spotter, me. The players he also thought were great but never got that good has been long forgotten.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

That includes his penalties doesn't it? Open play he sky's it. He's more Bobby Zamora than Charlton. 

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2016/2017/harry_kane/819/641/856/47/p|premier_league/2016/2017/romelu_lukaku/641/641/897/34/p#pass_completion/goals_-_outside_area/shots_outside_area/shot_accuracy#total

Fair play.... great tool this. 

Kane scored 1 in 8.5 efforts from outside the box last year.  Lukaku 1 in 30....

I wonder which one sky's them....

5 minutes ago, Makis said:

Ah, seems like Pete is bragging about player spotting. How many did you get wrong? 

Probably 90% of the punters think they are good at spotting players. They saw a player ten years ago once or twice and they happened to play well and that player actually has had a good career -> I'm a real talent spotter, me. The players he also thought were great but never got that good has been long forgotten.

Some people like or dislike players for various reasons.... but yeah at least don't try and make out you are big Barry fan when you you never rated him when we signed him for free. 

But the Kane shouts.... absolutely bizarre.  I get that the lad isn't a natural talent.... probably 100's more talented players in the English league.  It's not just about talent... kane has trained himself to be a lethal goalscorer and highly effective footballer. Has the perfect blend of size and power  and most importantly a brain that clinically processes info and doesn't get overawed.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

As for rakitic.... done a search tenacious and quinn were the only ones bigging him up back in 2011.. you never mentioned him.

Nor did you mention redmond clyne or Lallana in rumours section - or anywhere else could I find them. 

I guess a broken watch is right twice a day.

On 30/01/2013 at 23:23, pete0 said:

Might as well get Navas while we're there... although if they are letting players go on the cheap I think Rakitic would fit right in at Everton. Looked very good on the right for Croatia at the Euro's. As J says, not a hope.

7 hours ago, hafnia said:

Peteo.... the super scout who thinks Gerrard was shite.... that Kane is shite....

Let me know how your job apps get on and and feel free to post the recommendations for rakitic and co when they were unknowns.... Johnny fuckin Evans? Ffs

Would you not agree Evans is better than all the CBs we've got. 

6 hours ago, hafnia said:
On 01/09/2013 at 16:04, pete0 said:

Barry would be rotated with Gibson, surely not a replacement for Felli. Imagine Barry and Gibson in the middle for us, boring :(

What's your point they both do the same job, still want him on the pitch, rotated due to age. Pretty sure everyone is moaning about having two DMs atm? (although personally I'd argue Gana isn't a DM). 

As for rakitic.... done a search tenacious and quinn were the only ones bigging him up back in 2011.. you never mentioned him.

Nor did you mention redmond clyne or Lallana in rumours section - or anywhere else could I find them. 

On 11/09/2012 at 23:39, pete0 said:

I think you're underestimating Lallana. He's been Southampton's star player the last 2 years playing nearly every game and helped them have consecutive* promotions. Deserves to be there on merit compared to the likes of Henderson, Welbeck, Cleverley, Livermore, Sterling, AOC, and Jones who have done sweet fa at club level to deserve a call up.

*I'd almost put back-to-back.

On 12/09/2012 at 13:17, pete0 said:

He was in the championship team of the season. Non have them have played consistently at club level. Lallana has played double the games. Welbeck scores 1 in 4. Jones is gash, even at B'burn. Cleverley has played 13 games in the last 2 years. AOC played more games for Soton than Arsenal. Henderson was average at Sunderland, like Jones he got a good media review. I don't see how any of them deserve a place on that basis? Like you have said it's too early for Sterling, it is for the rest of them as well.

On 23/01/2013 at 23:28, Quinn31 said:

Now that I think of it, he's going to negotiate a deal for Ivan Rakitic... Wishful thinking.

2013 onwards on here, as did Quinn. 

I've wanted lallana since he was in the championship. Even argued he should have gone the World Cup. 

5 hours ago, Makis said:

I was in the process of thinking of some but my train stop was coming up so just posted. 

First player that come to mind was Possebon. Brazilian kid stood out by a mile when I went to watch Man U v Liverpool reserves. 

Spoke to people since and apparently it was his attitude not his ability. Similar to JP Kissock for us. Talented but disinterested. 

Other bad ones would include Junior, I believed the hype, next Viera and all that jazz. Learnt that lesson. Really thought Garbutt would step into Baines shoes. Thought Alliadiere was gonna kick on. 

There's the likes of Pato, Rossi, and Rodwell who all got injured but I'd not count them as you can't account for injuries. 

Flipside I was arguing De Gea was the best keeper in the league if you watched the full 90 and not just the motd highlights during his first season over here. Also argued with Liverpool fans about Alonso, not one of them could fathom how he could even be considered better than Gerrard, they didn't realise/appreciate how good he was until he was leaving. Was also in the minority singing Hargreaves praises for England whilst most used him as a scapegoat. 

Some people like or dislike players for various reasons.... but yeah at least don't try and make out you are big Barry fan when you you never rated him when we signed him for free. 

But the Kane shouts.... absolutely bizarre.  I get that the lad isn't a natural talent.... probably 100's more talented players in the English league.  It's not just about talent... kane has trained himself to be a lethal goalscorer and highly effective footballer. Has the perfect blend of size and power  and most importantly a brain that clinically processes info and doesn't get overawed.

Pretty sure I did. Don't have to post it on a forum. 

Looking back at old posts most my earlier ones are about Liverpool wanting rid of Alonso for Barry and me calling it madness. Doesn't mean Barry is shit, just Alonso is that good. 

Other posts saying Villa will be rubbish as they won't get a player in as good as Barry. 

Lots of moaning he should have been booked playing against us for City. 

And then this comment not long after he signed for us:

GarethBarry wears an Everton shirt to bed, wouldn't know he's only been at the club two weeks.

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Would you not agree Evans is better than all the CBs we've got. 

Nope. JAGS Is better.

Can I just clarify.... you said you spotted rakitic for £5m when moyes was here...... the date of your post above was just prior to his big move to Barca when Martinez was here.....

You are a liar mate. Look at the Barry post... you were gutted to lose Fellaini for Barry. 

Yep I wanted bony, mikel forsell, and probably a fair few player who ended up falling off..... difference is I'm not trying to lie about it 

You have become a bit of a parody mate.  How can anyone take much of what you say seriously?  You come out with some absolute whoppers and then try and make out you clocked players when they were unknowns. In 2012 lallana was getting tracked by a fair few side and was playing in the prem. He was already valued quite high.  Most people on here were desperate for him. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Nope. JAGS Is better.

Can I just clarify.... you said you spotted rakitic for £5m when moyes was here...... the date of your post above was just prior to his big move to Barca when Martinez was here.....

You are a liar mate. Look at the Barry post... you were gutted to lose Fellaini for Barry. 

Yep I wanted bony, mikel forsell, and probably a fair few player who ended up falling off..... difference is I'm not trying to lie about it 

You have become a bit of a parody mate.  How can anyone take much of what you say seriously?  You come out with some absolute whoppers and then try and make out you clocked players when they were unknowns. In 2012 lallana was getting tracked by a fair few side and was playing in the prem. He was already valued quite high.  Most people on here were desperate for him. 

Good luck finding WBA fab who will swap. Jags who most think should have been replaced in the summer and have behind Keane in their selections each week. 

Or 3 transfer windows difference. Jan 2013 to Summer 2014. Just because I never posted doesn't make it not true I was a fan. He's the player my mates from uni bring up to annoy me, not helped by me hating Barca. 

I'd rather have Fellaini he's younger. If you look at more of my posts I said I'd buy Fellaini back and how great would it be for him to learn from Barry. Liar? Your use of information is tory like at best. I can't stand lies, half the reason the you rile people up Billy. You lied that your mate said Cahill was admired but not thought of.. Only one of many Hafs keyboard sources. 

Coming from the guy who sell Lukaku at a lost and play a striker with 0 goals to his 6. I'm not here for self certification and constantly remind people I was there first like you try.. Even though you were late on the Koeman train you try to make out you were the first to see through him. It's embarrassing how much you try hard. It's disgusting how you manipulate your opinion to be fact, spiced up with lies. Come back when you've matured beyond a school yard bully, or even better once you understand the difference between fact and opinion. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Well it's therefore a fact that your opinion ain't worth shit mate. 

Kane is bang average at best....?

So let me get this right...... if by some crazy reason Harry Kane was offered to us for £10m and was happy to sign - you wouldn't sign him???

That's twice you've given a dig with mate at the end in recent posts. Bet you've had a few pints thrown in your face. 

No, unless we bought Eriksen. 

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

You have become a bit of a parody mate.  How can anyone take much of what you say seriously?

This is rich from the self-proclaimed oracle who used to play a bit (big lad with a good first touch) and met this ex player and that ex player down his local and likes to explain things by describing them as cars...

You and peteO seem very similar in many ways.

10 minutes ago, c1982 said:

This is rich from the self-proclaimed oracle who used to play a bit (big lad with a good first touch) and met this ex player and that ex player down his local and likes to explain things by describing them as cars...

You and peteO seem very similar in many ways.

You seem very similar to a few who like to stand back whilst two are going at it and throw in a little boot here and there.  Populist almost..... and try and claim some sort of right to express an opinion of who or what  they are.

The snidey impartial spectator. 

It's funny how my meeting of many ex players seems to gain some form of bitchy comments....  if you are friends with someone who commentated alongside Horne, sharp, snodin and knew the likes of ebbrell from years backnand drank with his dad then you can tend to have things to tell.... 

As for me being a big lad... would it make you feel better if I told you I'm more fat now and don't play football anymore?

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

if Kane was available for £10m.... peteo wouldn't buy him.

Court adjourned.... can the briefs step forward please? ....... Councilor are you sure your client doesnt want to change his plea to guilty?

If we could have Rom back for £10m, would you buy him? Just curious

15 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You seem very similar to a few who like to stand back whilst two are going at it and throw in a little boot here and there.  Populist almost..... and try and claim some sort of right to express an opinion of who or what  they are.

The snidey impartial spectator. 

It's funny how my meeting of many ex players seems to gain some form of bitchy comments....  if you are friends with someone who commentated alongside Horne, sharp, snodin and knew the likes of ebbrell from years backnand drank with his dad then you can tend to have things to tell.... 

As for me being a big lad... would it make you feel better if I told you I'm more fat now and don't play football anymore?

C is anything but. Just because you're annoyed / frustrated with Pete, don't have a go at others.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

If we could have Rom back for £10m, would you buy him? Just curious

Yep absolutely. 100%. I'd have him for £25m

I'm not fookin stupid. At the very least he's an excellent finisher.

In an ideal world (and I said this years ago)...  you would start the game with a rounded combative striker.  Bring lukaku on for the last 30 minutes.

I think he's over rated and limited as a footballer. But he would offer most teams an option. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

C is anything but. Just because you're annoyed / frustrated with Pete, don't have a go at others.

Whoa.... wait there a second.  If C wants to go in and give some sort of 2 sentance character assassination he can at least be fookin balanced and not be a tit about it....

Maybe the fact that I'm actually a supportive member of the forum to others in times of shit or triumph doesn't suit his little snide post he just made. 

So no. He can piss off for that. 

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Whoa.... wait there a second.  If C wants to go in and give some sort of 2 sentance character assassination he can at least be fookin balanced and not be a tit about it....

Maybe the fact that I'm actually a supportive member of the forum to others in times of shit or triumph doesn't suit his little snide post he just made. 

You’re the definition of the parody that you’re accusing PeteO of being. I post when I’ve got something to say. On this occasion it made me laugh that you, the self-proclaimed oracle, called someone else a parody.

I’m not debating your supportive nature but if I was to describe one ‘character’ on this forum as a parody then it would be you... once again, not a bad thing, not my cup of tea, but many love it - keep doing what you’re doing and I’ll input when I’ve got something to say.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

You’re the definition of the parody that you’re accusing PeteO of being. I post when I’ve got something to say. On this occasion it made me laugh that you, the self-proclaimed oracle, called someone else a parody.

I’m not debating your supportive nature but if I was to describe one ‘character’ on this forum as a parody then it would be you... once again, not a bad thing, not my cup of tea, but many love it - keep doing what you’re doing and I’ll input when I’ve got something to say.

Self proclaimed Oracle is a piss take out of myself..... 90% of the people on here like to think they friggin know it all.... at least I'm bloody honest about it. 

5 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Self proclaimed Oracle is a piss take out of myself..... 90% of the people on here like to think they friggin know it all.... at least I'm bloody honest about it. 

Fair dos if so but you give the impression (to me maybe not others) that you believe in that hype with the quoting yourself/ name dropping/ analogies.

The fact that you know of people isn’t a bad thing once again - it’s just I’m clearly a very different character to you as I purposely don’t talk of the players/pundits I personally know and probably wouldn’t bother approaching others unless I knew them/ their company.

33 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I just thought it was an accurate observation