IGNORED

Steve Walsh (Director of football)

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But ultimately there should be only one voice when it comes to matters relating to the playing staff of the team, and from where I'm standing we seem to be paying a lot of money to Walsh for very little success and I'm sure he would blame the manager and vice versa, so let's get rid of them both and find a different process for signing players that works.

This part hits the nail on the head. 

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

Pad maybe I misunderstood when you meant here. I thought you meant with the Tosun signing but now I presume you mea n at Eveton generally? 

Believe what you want but Tosun was lined up whilst Koeman was here. I don' deny that Allardyce might have come in and given it he double thumbs up but you can' just write off Walsh's part in the transfer because he scouted him, negotiated and got him over the line which is his duty as DoF. 

Fair enough mate- yer you did, I meant at his time here in general. The way Tosun talks about Allerdyce I just think it was him who brought him.

• 1 month later...

Was made up when we got him. Thought we'd pulled off a masterstroke.

And while I'm not too sure how the set up worked, we have spent a lot of money on not a lot of talent. We've had our pants pulled down on fees.

If this is down to Walsh, then fair enough. The role just wasn't for him.

Looking forward to clarity over roles and who does what.

5 hours ago, SmashedCrab said:

Who was our DoF/responsible for signings during the Moyes era?

Moyes had a head scout and then they collectively made decisions with Bill.

I remember them having a chart of all first team players, all academy prospects and then a hit list for each position should someone move on (or be long term injured). It was almost like a line of succession. Interestingly though its the same thing Koeman and Walsh said they were discussing but as far as I know Moyes picked his head scout and he had a view that he trusted whereas Walsh and Koeman were forced to work with each other.

I’m surprised Walsh wasn’t given a chance at what he made his name as; a scout. Not arsed that he’s gone mind you. 

I will say one controversial thing though; a thanks to Sammy Lee. I was hugely sceptical about him joining but he seems to have given his all for the club, and not back down despite the challenges of an ex-red being part of the setup. Good on him, at least he seemed to give a shit. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I’m surprised Walsh wasn’t given a chance at what he made his name as; a scout. Not arsed that he’s gone mind you. 

I will say one controversial thing though; a thanks to Sammy Lee. I was hugely sceptical about him joining but he seems to have given his all for the club, and not back down despite the challenges of an ex-red being part of the setup. Good on him, at least he seemed to give a shit. 

not controversial to me mate  as I agree whole heartedly 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I’d go along with that Matt he came across as an honest give your all kind of guy, it’s just a shame he got himself involved with lying don’t give a shit Allardyce.