IGNORED

Steve Walsh (Director of football)

2 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

His first 18 months have not been brilliant, but that doesn't mean we need to burn the house down. The blame lies on Koeman, the players, Walsh, and the management for not having a more coherent management structure and assignment of responsibilities. 

You people are going to call for a different person's head each month over the next several months until our form improves when you will all declare us European contenders and a threat to the big six again.

Walsh has nothing to do with form, blame only lies in recruitment, which is strange you have the players and koeman included in there.  Transfers have been shit, holes haven't been filled, money has been spent poorly, that is all down to him, that's why he needs to go.  I don't like the Continental model, i like the Moyes/Martinez one manager in charge of managing and recruiting model.  Less moving parts and they know who/what they need because they are the manager.  No communication issues to deal with.

7 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

His first 18 months have not been brilliant, but that doesn't mean we need to burn the house down. The blame lies on Koeman, the players, Walsh, and the management for not having a more coherent management structure and assignment of responsibilities. 

You people are going to call for a different person's head each month over the next several months until our form improves when you will all declare us European contenders and a threat to the big six again.

Hmmm you blame everyone except Moshiri, yet he's the guy employing those people... Suggests he's not doing something right to me. 

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Walsh has nothing to do with form, blame only lies in recruitment, which is strange you have the players and koeman included in there.  Transfers have been shit, holes haven't been filled, money has been spent poorly, that is all down to him, that's why he needs to go.  I don't like the Continental model, i like the Moyes/Martinez one manager in charge of managing and recruiting model.  Less moving parts and they know who/what they need because they are the manager.  No communication issues to deal with.

I actually like this more as well, but the entire club is completely reliant upon hiring the right manager and that manager staying for an elongated period of time - in this day and age, football manager turnover is super high while DoF's stay a bit longer. You can't put the manager in charge of managing 200-300m pounds of assets (players) if you are going to hire and fire them every other month. 

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Agreed. DoF theoretically makes sense, but feel Moshiri has put it in because it's more "sexy" (for want of a better word)

36 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

"The management" - think that would include Moshiri, Kenwright, Elstone, etc.

Ah OK... I agree, it's a shared responsibility. But I think tearing the blueprint up and starting again is exactly what Moshiri should be doing, because what he's done so far hasn't worked. 

And as for the point you make in another post about DoF being a longer term appointment than a manager - that's fine if you have the right DoF. On current evidence, we certainly haven't, and he should be first out the door imo. 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

Hmmm you blame everyone except Moshiri, yet he's the guy employing those people... Suggests he's not doing something right to me. 

Would you rather Moshiri had not taken over the club?

Yes he made mistakes over hiring Koeman and Walsh, but at the time almost everyone at the club and in footballing world thought they were smart moves. Hindsight is not much of a gift.

I do blame him for appointing Fat Sam, that was a panic measure that should not of happend.

48 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Would you rather Moshiri had not taken over the club?

Yes he made mistakes over hiring Koeman and Walsh, but at the time almost everyone at the club and in footballing world thought they were smart moves. Hindsight is not much of a gift.

I do blame him for appointing Fat Sam, that was a panic measure that should not of happend.

thats the thing, i have started to go back to comparing Bill's reign to moshiri.  Bill's was admittedly bad on the finance side (and stadium side), but managers/transfers were astute and there was a reason, they needed to be.  now that we "are rich" it's like every transfer has to break the record.  which is stupid, even barca buy people on a free/cheap/youngsters.  that good business sense (transfer side) went out the window. 

stadium and finance aside i'd take bill, football was better, managers better, transfers better, "true blue" club vibes better.  i don't go to the match so the stadium doesn't impact me, when bill was at the end of his reign we posted a profit finally (albeit from transfer sales, still it was a profit) so maybe he finally got the finance side down.  

in summary, bill sounds at the moment a lot better, never thought i would say that either, i've not been his biggest fan, but hindsight i'm realizing how decent he was.

25 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

thats the thing, i have started to go back to comparing Bill's reign to moshiri.  Bill's was admittedly bad on the finance side (and stadium side), but managers/transfers were astute and there was a reason, they needed to be.  now that we "are rich" it's like every transfer has to break the record.  which is stupid, even barca buy people on a free/cheap/youngsters.  that good business sense (transfer side) went out the window. 

stadium and finance aside i'd take bill, football was better, managers better, transfers better, "true blue" club vibes better.  i don't go to the match so the stadium doesn't impact me, when bill was at the end of his reign we posted a profit finally (albeit from transfer sales, still it was a profit) so maybe he finally got the finance side down.  

in summary, bill sounds at the moment a lot better, never thought i would say that either, i've not been his biggest fan, but hindsight i'm realizing how decent he was.

Moshiri is inexperienced, and I agree I want Bill to do transfers and appoint managers, or at least have more of a say on that side of things untill Moshiri gets more experienced. 

I just want Walsh, Allardyce, and Shakespeare gone from the club I love.

3 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

You have a point there!