IGNORED

Steve Walsh (Director of football)

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Jansen has scored 2 goals in just shy of 900 minutes for spurs. Call that 10 games worth eh.....

Surely.... now surely a player of a standard that I seem good enough for us to sign would plunder more goals than that for a team who has Christian eriksen who apparently could make Brett angel a golden boot winner? 

Now that must be the case because the only reason Kane scores goals is because its really easy to do it at spurs???  Maybe that's not the case. 

I'm trying to understand what goal lukaku can score that Kane can't? Well given the fact that lukaku scored just 2 goals from outside the box in 2 years for us puts that one to bed. 

Talking shite Pete.... 

Did I neglect that? I used 90 minutes as I'm pretty sure I said you wanted him and he needs 90 minutes. 

I think the fact you rate Bony, Janssen, and Benteke over Lukaku prove you know sweet fa about strikers. 

Since Kane come on the scene they've not struggled when he's not been available? They actually looked much better with Son. Already told you this and gave you the stats last season proving they don't miss him at all. 

Kane takes more shots from outside the area. He scored 2, is that not proof he can? Tbh it's a very wasteful tactic, and I'm glad Lukaku passed the ball and helped the team rather than himself. 

Just because you can't comprehend something doesn't mean it's "shite". It's common knowledge not to shoot from distance all the time otherwise we'd see every striker banging it from 40 yards everytime they got the ball, but we don't do we? 

33 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Did I neglect that? I used 90 minutes as I'm pretty sure I said you wanted him and he needs 90 minutes. 

I think the fact you rate Bony, Janssen, and Benteke over Lukaku prove you know sweet fa about strikers. 

Since Kane come on the scene they've not struggled when he's not been available? They actually looked much better with Son. Already told you this and gave you the stats last season proving they don't miss him at all. 

Kane takes more shots from outside the area. He scored 2, is that not proof he can? Tbh it's a very wasteful tactic, and I'm glad Lukaku passed the ball and helped the team rather than himself. 

Just because you can't comprehend something doesn't mean it's "shite". It's common knowledge not to shoot from distance all the time otherwise we'd see every striker banging it from 40 yards everytime they got the ball, but we don't do we? 

I put this up with your Stevie G being shite..... yeah like you would have objected yo us having a player like him play for us. 

Kane doesn't shoot from distance all the time.... if he did his conversion rate would be far lower.  If a shot is on and the situation allows it.... he will take it because he knows he can get it on target. And more often or not he does.

The number of corners he wins is a joke.

The difference between my opinion and yours Kane vs lukaku is there at least seems to be a wider acceptance that lukaku is more a finisher of chances with a lot left to be desired in many other aspects of his game. 

Your views on Kane?  Absolutely friggin ridiculous.  It makes your gana criticisms look plausible. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

I put this up with your Stevie G being shite..... yeah like you would have objected yo us having a player like him play for us. 

Kane doesn't shoot from distance all the time.... if he did his conversion rate would be far lower.  If a shot is on and the situation allows it.... he will take it because he knows he can get it on target. And more often or not he does.

The number of corners he wins is a joke.

The difference between my opinion and yours Kane vs lukaku is there at least seems to be a wider acceptance that lukaku is more a finisher of chances with a lot left to be desired in many other aspects of his game. 

Your views on Kane?  Absolutely friggin ridiculous.  It makes your gana criticisms look plausible. 

Another hit and hoper motd player. We had one, Tommy Gravesen, and was only disappointed he left on the cheap. No idea how this is relevant, are you strawmaning? 

Confirmed you only watch motd there.  They don't score the misses if they did you'd see why his conversion rate is so low.. Doesn't help that he misses sitters in the box as well. 

No idea why you've brought corners up. Do Spurs miss Kane when he's not playing? I assume your omission indicates you agree with the facts that show they don't. 

Lukaku has flaws, who doesn't. He's an exceptional player and his record speaks for itself. Every club would take him back in a heartbeat, doubt you can say that about Kane. Lukaku scored twice as many Premier league goals in 12/13 whereas Kane couldn't muster it the championship 2 goals for Leicester after failing to get a game in the Prem with Norwich. Pretty sure their fans will agree with me, as do most people who watch England. Motd and fantasy football fans will side with yer, but I prefer the opinion of people who actually watch a full the game rather than just the result. 

Pretty sure people in here are starting to share my view. Name a single person who thinks Bony is better than Lukaku other than yourself. 

https://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/03/steve-walsh-exclusive-everton-director-football-discusses-summer-move-ronald-koeman-player-recruitment/

Read this, it is from the horses mouth on what his involvement and his position is. According to that, he has to shoulder some of the responsibility. His whole background is scouting. That's what he was brought onto do. He has done it, but extremely badly. We can only go on what we see with our own eyes. Davy Klassen and Sandro look miles away from being Premier League footballers. Sigurdsson looks a shadow of his former self and Michael Keane looks like a donkey. It's basics with these guys..........

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Another hit and hoper motd player. We had one, Tommy Gravesen, and was only disappointed he left on the cheap. No idea how this is relevant, are you strawmaning? 

Confirmed you only watch motd there.  They don't score the misses if they did you'd see why his conversion rate is so low.. Doesn't help that he misses sitters in the box as well. 

Funnily enough Kane had the highest conversion of the top Premier League strikers last season.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/405447

This season he's been quite unlucky, hitting the post several times. So just how shite do you think Aguero is?

49 minutes ago, Makis said:

Funnily enough Kane had the highest conversion of the top Premier League strikers last season.

This season he's been quite unlucky, hitting the post several times. So just how shite do you think Aguero is?

Ouch.... a blow right into the solar plexus right there. 

Imagine how shit a team would be with a peak Steven Gerrard and Harry Kane in it....

6 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ouch.... a blow right into the solar plexus right there. 

Imagine how shit a team would be with a peak Steven Gerrard and Harry Kane in it....

Tally up their league trophies and I'll agree to that total. Let me know when you've done the maths I can't be arsed looking up if they won the league in the ressies. 

1 hour ago, Makis said:

Highly skewed by his goals in them non-competitive friendlies at the end of the season. 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

No idea why you've brought corners up. Do Spurs miss Kane when he's not playing? I assume your omission indicates you agree with the facts that show they don't. 

Lukaku has flaws, who doesn't. He's an exceptional player and his record speaks for itself. Every club would take him back in a heartbeat, doubt you can say that about Kane. Lukaku scored twice as many Premier league goals in 12/13 whereas Kane couldn't muster it the championship 2 goals for Leicester after failing to get a game in the Prem with Norwich. Pretty sure their fans will agree with me, as do most people who watch England. Motd and fantasy football fans will side with yer, but I prefer the opinion of people who actually watch a full the game rather than just the result. 

Pretty sure people in here are starting to share my view. Name a single person who thinks Bony is better than Lukaku other than yourself. 

I watch every game on Sky/BT so have seen plenty of Kane - he’s a top class striker. I’d go as far to say he’s one of the best in the world on current form (over the last 18months). Yes he was poor at Norwich and Leicester but he was a young lad establishing himself - I remember Bale being so poor that Spurs were trying to flog him to anyone.

Where I can’t get my head round your assessment of Kane (and Gerrard/Gueye/Jags for that matter) I do think Haf is equally baffling/ wide of the mark with his assessment of Lukaku (Haf - you don’t need to explain it any further - I’ve read it 1million times with analogies ranging from cars to roast dinners).

Both are among the best strikers in the world and, bar a couple of clubs, would walk into any team in the world.

7 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

https://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/03/steve-walsh-exclusive-everton-director-football-discusses-summer-move-ronald-koeman-player-recruitment/

Read this, it is from the horses mouth on what his involvement and his position is. According to that, he has to shoulder some of the responsibility. His whole background is scouting. That's what he was brought onto do. He has done it, but extremely badly. We can only go on what we see with our own eyes. Davy Klassen and Sandro look miles away from being Premier League footballers. Sigurdsson looks a shadow of his former self and Michael Keane looks like a donkey. It's basics with these guys..........

We know he is the scout FFS but how hard do you have to scout the likes of Rooney, Sigurdsson, Keane,  Klassen etc. Thats the whole point. His job is to try and unearth the players beyond the bloody obvious not just goal around paying a fortune for already established players. 

He is clearly involved in some capacity but I very much doubt he was the one saying we needed to buy any of them I mentioned above. 

21 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I watch every game on Sky/BT so have seen plenty of Kane - he’s a top class striker. I’d go as far to say he’s one of the best in the world on current form (over the last 18months). Yes he was poor at Norwich and Leicester but he was a young lad establishing himself - I remember Bale being so poor that Spurs were trying to flog him to anyone.

Where I can’t get my head round your assessment of Kane (and Gerrard/Gueye/Jags for that matter) I do think Haf is equally baffling/ wide of the mark with his assessment of Lukaku (Haf - you don’t need to explain it any further - I’ve read it 1million times with analogies ranging from cars to roast dinners).

Both are among the best strikers in the world and, bar a couple of clubs, would walk into any team in the world.

Bit weird he'd be able to catch up to a lad scoring double in the prem at the same time and age. I'd look at the difference in midfields. Same reason he  doesn't cut the mustard for England. 

Bale is great at getting past the lower teams but against the top 8 (WBA being the 8th, and the usual seven at the time) bar Arsenal he done nothing. La Liga is perfect for him as they only have a top 3, and the real Barca games are open so it's only Atletico that he might struggle against. 

Back on to Walsh it's very worrying that he wanted Gana over Kante. Think he uses stats more than a trained eye. 

8 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

Quite a key paragraph in there...

“The first thing I did when I came to the club was I went into Ronald Koeman’s office and we got the tactics board out.

“We played around with it and we went through a few things so I knew what players he wants. The squad will evolve based on what he wants, how he feels and also on what my thoughts are driving it forward.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Highly skewed by his goals in them non-competitive friendlies at the end of the season. 

Nope, he had a very high conversion rate in the league as well.

http://www.eifsoccer.com/articles/conversion-rate/

For this little project of mine, I have, with the help of Twitter, picked out some strikers who’ve all had great seasons and analyzed their conversion rate. The goals counted only include those there were scored in league play. Simple.

36th: Harry Kane (14/15)
18.8%

11th: Harry Kane (16/17)
Kane also comes in for his second inclusion, with him only just missing out on the top 10. Kane often gets abuse for being a “tap-in merchant” and a “penalty merchant,” traits that provide a shade of doubt to his goal scoring credentials if you believe them to be true. He has, with a conversion rate of 27.5%, scored 19 goals so far this season.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Tally up their league trophies and I'll agree to that total. Let me know when you've done the maths I can't be arsed looking up if they won the league in the ressies. 

So Luke Chadwick, Stephen Hughes, Ronnie Wallwork, Darren Ferguson and quinten fortune are better than Steven Gerrard then?  Must be as they won league medals.....

Jeremy Alliadiere, Allan Smith and Franny Jeffers are better than Harry Kane?

ok..... you just keep being the gift that keeps giving.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Bit weird he'd be able to catch up to a lad scoring double in the prem at the same time and age. I'd look at the difference in midfields. Same reason he  doesn't cut the mustard for England. 

Bale is great at getting past the lower teams but against the top 8 (WBA being the 8th, and the usual seven at the time) bar Arsenal he done nothing. La Liga is perfect for him as they only have a top 3, and the real Barca games are open so it's only Atletico that he might struggle against. 

Back on to Walsh it's very worrying that he wanted Gana over Kante. Think he uses stats more than a trained eye. 

Harry Kane has 12 goals in 23 appearances for England..... better than 1 in 2.... is that not cutting the mustard?

Honestly I do not know whether you are on the wind up... ever thought about being a boxing judge? with your "trained" eye you could earn a lot of money in brown envelopes.... 

4 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Quite a key paragraph in there...

“The first thing I did when I came to the club was I went into Ronald Koeman’s office and we got the tactics board out.

“We played around with it and we went through a few things so I knew what players he wants. The squad will evolve based on what he wants, how he feels and also on what my thoughts are driving it forward.

yes but its walsh job to identify and bring in those players.

20 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yes...if Koeman WANTS them! (Or wanted them!). Of course, Walsh has an input but it's based on what the manager WANTS. Our manager knew an awful lot about our signings judging by his interviews at the time.

I know in traditional continental DoF set ups, the DoF goes and gets the player and the manager (who isn't actually a manager but a head coach) has to just play with what he is given. Hence the title 'Head Coach' rather than Manager.

But it doesn't appear to me that this particular set up is what we have at Everton, we seem to have a more diplomatic approach. Which feels better than the continental model which originally failed on our shores.

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

by all accounts and this was posted by someone who stated on twitter that they had a text off someone within the club saying that he was sacked and it will be announced in the morning:-  right after the game kenwright, moshiri, koeman and walsh were upstairs in the office..... and it was loud enough for people to hear.....

Koeman tried to pin the blame on walsh - Koeman was sacked walsh remains.

I'll try and find the tweet.

6 hours ago, Makis said:

Nope, he had a very high conversion rate in the league as well.

http://www.eifsoccer.com/articles/conversion-rate/

36th: Harry Kane (14/15)
18.8%

11th: Harry Kane (16/17)
Kane also comes in for his second inclusion, with him only just missing out on the top 10. Kane often gets abuse for being a “tap-in merchant” and a “penalty merchant,” traits that provide a shade of doubt to his goal scoring credentials if you believe them to be true. He has, with a conversion rate of 27.5%, scored 19 goals so far this season.

That includes his penalties doesn't it? Open play he sky's it. He's more Bobby Zamora than Charlton. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

So Luke Chadwick, Stephen Hughes, Ronnie Wallwork, Darren Ferguson and quinten fortune are better than Steven Gerrard then?  Must be as they won league medals.....

Jeremy Alliadiere, Allan Smith and Franny Jeffers are better than Harry Kane?

ok..... you just keep being the gift that keeps giving.

Jeffers is in par, Arsenal fucked him off as he wasn't good enough too. 

Them players you named all got didn't play 200+ games so your point is frivolous any how. Kane and Gerrard if they were good enough would have been bought. Liverpool and Spurs both sell their best players. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

Harry Kane has 12 goals in 23 appearances for England..... better than 1 in 2.... is that not cutting the mustard?

Honestly I do not know whether you are on the wind up... ever thought about being a boxing judge? with your "trained" eye you could earn a lot of money in brown envelopes.... 

Against Moldova. Ask an England fan, they can't stand him. Mr Enigma. 

I don't see why Brown envelopes come in to. Are you naturally bent? 

I could list more right than wrong. Most wrongs have been to injury though. I wanted Vardy and Mahrez when Leicester were nearly relegated, tbf Walsh noticed them well before me. 

I got laughed at for mentioning Evans and I know many would rather have Keane over him now. I got laughed at for saying Barry is better than Schneiderlin. Isn't great being right though, because I don't find this piss scouting to be funny.

I said we should have been so over Lallana, Redmond, Clyne. Worst miss by Moyes was Rakitic he went for £5m maybe less, was absolutely gutted we never went in for him. So yes I can spot a player before motd tells you their good. Let me know about your list Bony, Bentley, Janssen... 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Against Moldova. Ask an England fan, they can't stand him. Mr Enigma. 

I don't see why Brown envelopes come in to. Are you naturally bent? 

I could list more right than wrong. Most wrongs have been to injury though. I wanted Vardy and Mahrez when Leicester were nearly relegated, tbf Walsh noticed them well before me. 

I got laughed at for mentioning Evans and I know many would rather have Keane over him now. I got laughed at for saying Barry is better than Schneiderlin. Isn't great being right though, because I don't find this piss scouting to be funny.

I said we should have been so over Lallana, Redmond, Clyne. Worst miss by Moyes was Rakitic he went for £5m maybe less, was absolutely gutted we never went in for him. So yes I can spot a player before motd tells you their good. Let me know about your list Bony, Bentley, Janssen... 

Peteo.... the super scout who thinks Gerrard was shite.... that Kane is shite....

Let me know how your job apps get on and and feel free to post the recommendations for rakitic and co when they were unknowns.... Johnny fuckin Evans? Ffs

And mine......

On 03/09/2013 at 09:45, hafnia said:

Lets remind ourselves of the qualities he had that made Liverpool want to get him at all costs from Villa.

• Great left foot
  • Disciplined and consistent
  • Great leader
  • Breaks up play well and is tactically astute

Yes, he has no pace - but he never has. For me he puts Osman on the bench, he gives McCarthy and Barkley an experienced mentor.

We are getting a quality midfielder here that many would have missed the trick on. Remember what Gary Mac did for Liverpool.

I think Barry will be the player we wished Neville was in the midfield.

I'm pretty certain this will be an inspired signing for us.

And wasn't he just that mentor for McCarthy in that first season together.....