IGNORED

Steve Walsh (Director of football)

11 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Accurate? A bit like me stating that rom has a shit touch, shit pass, is lazy and not admitting that he's a good finisher....

If I was writing a pen portrait then I’d have been a lot more balanced. I was merely just picking up on your comment aimed at your mate peteO.

Just now, c1982 said:

If I was writing a pen portrait then I’d have been a lot more balanced. I was merely just picking up on your comment aimed at your mate peteO.

Let's get this straight...... I at least can see that lukaku offers a threat in terms of finishing..... I at least recognise that Stevie Gerrard was a friggin good player who was a nightmare against us....

Peteo flatly refuses to even accept either player is anything other than an average player....barring on crap. 

He wouldn't sign Kane for £10m?

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Accurate? A bit like me stating that Rom has an average touch, good pass, could work more and not admitting that he's a good finisher....

Then you'd be balanced.

Pete's opinions on Kane, Jags, Gana are baffling (to be polite) but you do exactly the same thing. Once you've got the bit between your teeth on someone (Moyes, Rom, Kenwright, Koeman most recently) you polorize your posts to them and they're so unbalanced it's incredible. 

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Then you'd be balanced.

Pete's opinions on Kane, Jags, Gana are baffling (to be polite) but you do exactly the same thing. Once you've got the bit between your teeth on someone (Moyes, Rom, Kenwright, Koeman most recently) you polorize your posts to them and they're so unbalanced it's incredible. 

Where haven't I said that lukaku is a good finisher???

I have always said he's a good finisher. 

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

Then you'd be balanced.

Careful Matt, applying logic and common sense to Haff's, or Pete's posts let alone their inter asylum spats is a bit like staring into the abyss.  

3 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Careful Matt, applying logic and common sense to Haff's, or Pete's posts let alone their inter asylum spats is a bit like staring into the abyss.  

I like a challenge :P 

Both Haf and Pete are really productive, often very good, posters. But when it comes to someone they don't like regarding the club they lose all sense of reality. I'm the same, but in the overly positive way. It's what keeps the forum going and "fun" (even if it's frustrating as all hell most of the time. Blame Mike)

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

I like a challenge :P 

Both Haf and Pete are really productive, often very good, posters. But when it comes to someone they don't like regarding the club they lose all sense of reality. I'm the same, but in the overly positive way. It's what keeps the forum going and "fun" (even if it's frustrating as all hell most of the time. Blame Mike)

True enough, it wouldn't be the same without people like them, posters with passion.

I’m not sure I agree with that. Vlasic,lookman, Keane, klassen all young. I think we forget how big a job changing the squad around was. Jags,Baines are past it but I suppose you can’t change a complete back five in a few weeks. I think the objective was to get bods in and then get one or two signings per window. I think not getting rid of Niasse and not getting a proven striker fucked us right up. Two crap windows relatively so for that he needs to be held accountable. 

3 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Just  posted on another thread. I think Walsh hit lucky with Leicester signings and probably his stock was not as great as made out.

Agreed I was surprised when we hired him to such a role.  Cheif scout sure, but DOF? Was surprising.  I’ve backed him because he’s a blue now but have started to wonder if he’s been found out.

DOF is just a title. He pretty much acts as chief scout. He even commented that he watches targets live before making judgements on them. His title allows him to be the leading role in a team of scouts.

people shouldn’t get to hung up on titles in the 21st century. It doesn’t grant you land etc.

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If he is just a chief scout why not call him that ?

If he doesn’t have any say in who we sign , then what’s the point of having him here ?

I have no doubt Koeman had his say in it but for me Walsh should also shoulder some of the blame

A title is a way of giving someone a pay grade or creating a job that doesn’t exist, just adding a structure.

he does have some say, the manager chooses targets or asks for a type and he and his team goes out and looks. Not sure I have read a single article or even a post that says he has nothing to do with signings. Not sure where you are getting that from?

i agree with you though, he must shoulder some of the blame. He had a main job to find a striker and failed.

One way or the other our recruitment policy since Walsh and Koeman came in has been confused at best. A DoF in the continental model chooses who to sign, and determines the style of play for a head coach to implement. If Koeman was deciding on transfers, having a DoF was pointless. Was there a lack of clarity over roles and strategy to add to a possible difference of opinion between the two? Who knows, but there was clearly very little sense and leadership behind who we have been signing

I think there has been a huge problem with the dof role and koeman and kenwright/moshiri in particular.

No dof is going to recommend cuco....that was a koeman pick. I think klaasen was too - siggy deffo was a koeman.. Rooney I think was a sentimental signing with all parties may have been ok with. 

It's a fookin mess.