IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

9 hours ago, RPG said:

Obviously, you failed to register with me. You weren't being ignored Mike. In order to be ignored you have to be noticed in the first place!😀

I believe my prior answer to Matt (with the quote from our Islamic Scholar) addresses all your points but the basic answer is, yes, I stand by all my answers.

So, to sum up your response...

Poorly behaved children earn more money as adults - ABC7 Chicago

I think it's run it's course. Enough is enough. Lead by example guys. RPG has given what he feels is a lm adequate response (quoting his scholar source). You clearly do not like that response and/or feel that response is insufficient but there's no point in carrying on.
Granted, not my argument to step into but it's kinda ruining the thread for me.  

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

You must be new here :lol:Ruining the thread? Mate, this is a warm up exercise prior to Gana signing! Just wait for when he makes that first sideways pass, this whole "debate" is going to seem like a breath of fresh air!

I’m praying 🙏 that day never happens 😇😉

On 06/08/2022 at 07:32, RPG said:

If you consider Islam purely from whatever the Quran says it is, then Islam can be rigid but can also be very cool actually. If you consider Islam from what shariaa says it is, (which is the case in all Muslim countries as it is also their law) then Islam is extremely rigid.

So you're providing evidence that it can be rigid but sometimes not, and therefore agreeing with everyone who's taken issue with your, frankly ludicrous and demonstrably wrong, assertion. 

Another interesting take I came across...

When it comes to an authoritative figure or body that can counter ISIS, matters are much more complex. It is well-known that there is no overarching state or nonstate body, such as a church or set of religious figures, that interprets and imposes one set of Islamic teachings. That is, there is also no formal institution like the Vatican or other ecclesiastical body for Muslims.

But for centuries, the Sunnis have viewed clusters of scholars—ulama (“learned ones”)—as holding religious authority. These ulama have often come together under institutional setups, which in turn have become accepted as the communal litmus test for what can or cannot be considered “Islamic.” Aware of their significance, states and political authorities have often attempted to bring religious institutions or personalities under their protective wings—and tried to sway them in the process.

There are a number of such institutions across the Sunni Muslim world. There is the Qarawiyyeen in Morocco, the Kairouane in Tunisia, the Nahdlatul Ulama network in Indonesia, and the Dar al-Mustafa or Ribat al-Tarim in the Hadramawt governorate of Yemen. But none of these currently match the supranational prestige of the Azhar in Egypt, established more than a thousand years ago by the Fatimid dynasty in Cairo.

In all cases, the authority of these institutions—more moral than political—rests on a century-old process comparable to academic peer review. The system emphasizes continuity but is open to evolution of the faith’s application. As a result, the ulama generally allow for a level of plurality but have defined the parameters within which interpretations could still remain acceptable.

Within classical Sunni Islam, there are four extant schools of law, three main approaches to theology, and a multitude of Sufi orders that emphasize Islam’s mystical aspects. Historically, the Azhari establishment, which follows classical Sunnism, has been highly pluralistic not only in recognizing the breadth of Sunnism as valid but also in what it would actually teach. In the twentieth century, there was even a brief attempt to incorporate Shiism, albeit under certain conditions, a step that would probably be impossible in today’s highly sectarian environment. Meanwhile, the Qarawiyyeen and the Kairouane recognize the validity of the entirety of the Sunni tradition but would typically teach only one rite of Sunni law to proficiency. It is the same for the Nahdlatul Ulama and the Dar al-Mustafa.

The typical Azhari approach to Sunni Islam (called the Azhari minhaj) touted another kind of openness as well—that human understanding and application of Islam will necessarily be shaped by circumstance. It’s an approach that predates the Azhar as the standard classical Sunni position, with the general point of Islamic practice being not to impose hardship but to facilitate the lives of believers. At the same time, historically speaking, interpretations and practices of Islam have been mediated via this peer-review system of respected and learned figures.

https://carnegieendowment.org/2015/06/15/leading-from-everywhere-history-of-centralized-islamic-religious-authority-pub-60413

Lots of different school of thought there I think.

An actual response, rather than an "I told Matt" would be interesting.

2 minutes ago, RPG said:

Was that what Mike was trying to do? I hadn't noticed!

I thought you hadn’t? My post was in jest because you may not be aware as I’ve tried to keep a lid on it, I really don’t want that arsehole back here, because he’s shite as a footballer and I don’t believe anyone with his beliefs should be allowed in this country and hopefully that will be taken into consideration when they look at giving him a Visa. 
On the question in matter is Mike taking the piss yes and no, it’s also more it’s gone on long enough and it’s going over the same ground and frankly becoming very boring, now I see it going one of two ways, you either stop trying to have the last word buy responding and it will fizzle out and soon be forgotten, or you carry this futile argument on and end up leaving the forum for the third time in the not so distant future, now please don’t think I’m trying to teach you how to suck eggs or give you advice on what you should or shouldn’t do next because I’m not, and I’m sure you will say and do what you want, I’m just saying how I think this will end up if the agenda remains the same. 

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Not unreasonable that he may have second thoughts with the Onana signing. I’d like him here but I wouldn’t be too bothered if this falls through. We have Allan still who is similar and even Gbamin as cover if he stays. Bit more of a “would be nice” signing than a necessity.

2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

The thing that made the most sense to me in terms of the delay was a work visa issue that was mentioned a couple days ago. Who really knows though.

All hearsay I know, but I’ve heard it’s all done dusted, it’s just his severance pay from PSG that is holding it up

I wonder if is having second thoughts because he has heard a rumour he’ll have to wear rainbow laces in his boots, or that there is one of ‘them’ at the club and he knows the showers are communal.

If he doesn’t want to be here, fine. Don’t come. Too many players like that already. Enjoy rotting in the PSG reserves and all that lovely lolly.