IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

14 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

TBH, I was not his biggest fan when he was here before, but that was because he was usually paired with Schneiderlin, and that just didn't work. His style of play will be well-suited to our emerging approach, and a midfield three of Gana, Onana, and Iwobi will be impressive. I'm really looking forward to it.

A bench of Doucoure, Garner most likely,Davies is also much better. 

"There is no better feeling than coming back home, seeing some brothers here.

"I am very happy to be here, to help, to work hard and to give my soul for this team. I am in my home. I feel like home and I know everybody here. Seeing this team, following this team every week and how they play, I cannot feel in a better place than Everton so that is why I chose to come back here.

"There is a great atmosphere around the stadium and people around here are like a family. Even when I went to Paris I kept in contact with some players here and continued to support for the team.

"For me it is special and I said to the manager if I left PSG it will be for one team and that is Everton."

3 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

"I am very happy to be here, to help, to work hard and to give my soul for this team. I am in my home. I feel like home and I know everybody here. Seeing this team, following this team every week and how they play, I cannot feel in a better place than Everton so that is why I chose to come back here.

"There is a great atmosphere around the stadium and people around here are like a family. Even when I went to Paris I kept in contact with some players here and continued to support for the team.

"For me it is special and I said to the manager if I left PSG it will be for one team and that is Everton."

Very hopeful on this one. Hopefully he has the energy to be a heat seeking missile for a couple years and mentor the young midfielders.

6 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

It is a little insane how much turnover we’ve had since he left. The only familiar faces for him will be Pickford, Keane, Mina, Coleman, Davies, DCL (assuming Gomes is truly gone on loan). Only two of those players will likely be playing regularly moving forward.

Good interview from him, while they always say similar things it's clear he enjoyed his time at Everton and is happy to come back.

I know amongst the 4k+ posts on here he got slated a fair bit as "not being a good footballer"  and just charging around etc but whilst he had his limitations he did a tremendous amount of work that the rest of the team would appreciate and will help to give the defence that final bit of solidity that it's been missing.  It should also help us improve our possession, he did a great job at not only winning the ball back but finding a player once he'd done it.  With Onana and Iwobi looking good together in the middle he can hopefully bring them quickly into the game and allow them to take the ball forward.

With his attitude and experience, he will also be beneficial for the younger players like Garner and Onana (fellow Senegalese).

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's the only issue I have with this whole thing really. 

At the end of the day he likely will have made the choice based on his religion, his countries laws and as much as we in our own morals may disagree we have to respect his right to follow his faith/laws.

aside from all of that I do think sports is massively politicised, I don’t like the promotion of gambling and alcohol, I don’t like much of the hypocrisy.

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

At the end of the day he likely will have made the choice based on his religion, his countries laws and as much as we in our own morals may disagree we have to respect his right to follow his faith/laws.

aside from all of that I do think sports is massively politicised, I don’t like the promotion of gambling and alcohol, I don’t like much of the hypocrisy.

I get that, and I don't agree with him being forced into something he's not comfortable with. Doesn't mean I'm entirely comfortable with him being comfortable :lol:

Just now, Matt said:

I get that, and I don't agree with him being forced into something he's not comfortable with. Doesn't mean I'm entirely comfortable with him being uncomfortable though :lol:

Franks stock reply will no doubt be carefully crafted by the club.

“If we are talking about supporting diversity we need to be mindful that a persons religious and cultural beliefs form part of the same discussion. So I will not be saying anything else.” 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Franks stock reply will no doubt be carefully crafted by the club.

“If we are talking about supporting diversity we need to be mindful that a persons religious and cultural beliefs form part of the same discussion. So I will not be saying anything else.” 

It does. I'll just go around in circles :lol: