IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

yet still you see people slating him which seems to always be the case.  I saw someone suggest he was our man of the match on Twitter and got a response that he was responsible for both goals and gave the ball away everywhere!

I think he's done much better under Dyche where he's getting to press higher up the field a bit further away from danger but also disrupting opposition play and creating opportunities to win the ball back nearer the opposition goal.

I thought he was very good apart from the usual moments when he gets a chance to shoot! :D 

6 hours ago, FairWooney said:

yet still you see people slating him which seems to always be the case.  I saw someone suggest he was our man of the match on Twitter and got a response that he was responsible for both goals and gave the ball away everywhere!

I think he's done much better under Dyche where he's getting to press higher up the field a bit further away from danger but also disrupting opposition play and creating opportunities to win the ball back nearer the opposition goal.

I thought he was very good apart from the usual moments when he gets a chance to shoot! :D 

It’s because people watch him waiting for him to lose possession. Once that happens they feel validated.

He is generally our most accurate passer of the ball, and the one that will link play between defence and attack. 
Another one of those that you miss more when he isn't there.

On 05/02/2024 at 17:02, Shukes said:

It’s because people watch him waiting for him to lose possession. Once that happens they feel validated.

He is generally our most accurate passer of the ball, and the one that will link play between defence and attack. 
Another one of those that you miss more when he isn't there.

Now you’re starting to get a bit over excited 😜 

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Amazing performance from him today. He covered every bit of the pitch and his runs with the ball to get us up the pitch were invaluable.

I must admit, I shouted no as he swung his foot back to shoot :lol:. While it wasn't the best hit shot, the placement of it was perfect.

Comfortably MOTM.

Yeah brilliant.  Maybe Onana could look on and see what a midfield performance is meant to look like. 

posing prick sat getting splinters while a bloke 12 years older done more running in 90 minutes than he has in 2 months. 

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I keep expecting his legs to fall off but it just does not look like happening.

It seems he really loves it here too. He was singing along with the fans as he went down the tunnel last night.

There was a moment where he had a burst of pace to take the ball away from the penalty area.   Gave me palpitations a few times but we sell Onana for £50m and keep gana and get Barkley on a free. 

hopefully we can get some pace in the side 

One of my favourite players of the last decade for Everton. So underrated.

I’ve always said he will be one of those players we miss when he is gone or not playing. This season has been a prime example.

One of our calmest players.
One of our best passers of the ball.  
Our best tackler. 
Best interceptor. 
Best shot…… one sec…. Delete, delete!

And as I see it… if Palfy endorses a player, he must be good.

On 26/04/2024 at 13:42, Shukes said:

One of my favourite players of the last decade for Everton. So underrated.

I’ve always said he will be one of those players we miss when he is gone or not playing. This season has been a prime example.

One of our calmest players.
One of our best passers of the ball.  
Our best tackler. 
Best interceptor. 
Best shot…… one sec…. Delete, delete!

And as I see it… if Palfy endorses a player, he must be good.

Cheers mate 

29 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Given we need to sell to raise funds and a few players are out of contract, I’d be happy to see him given a new 1 year deal, he’s only good for 75 mins but they have been outstanding minutes the last few games.

There is a 1yr option for us to extend if we want.

• 3 weeks later...