IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

His job is a footballer. I'd expect him to be able to play football and not just tackle tackle tackle. His tackling doesn't necessarily win possession and his passing is detrimental to our play. Just because you manage to get the ball to the other player doesn't make it a good pass. I'm not just on about his lack of vision, I been he's fecking shit at the basics. I'd expect any professional footballer to be able to pass the ball with purpose, weighing the pass and considering where is best left foot, right foot, in front of them or just into feet. Gana doesn't do any of that and I couldn't name you another midfielder in the league who gets away with it. 

Don't forget Palfy, he's in the ball too. 

He hasn't forgotten me I don't need to say anything about Gana anymore to be brought into the conversation, they all know how I feel about him and he's shown me nothing that will make me change my mind, quite the opposite really his last four games have been between very poor and mediocre, and that is based on marks out of ten from numerous sources and he dodged a bullet through injury on Saturday.

Let's all be honest about what's happening here we are currently after 17 games 21 points behind the shite already this season, yet on paper we have the best DM in the league what a fucking load of bullshiting bollocks that is, what a fucking record to write home about it's getting us absolutely no where he's holding us back, with him in the team we will struggle to get out of mid table obscurity.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

That people think 1 player is responsible for our current position is baffling to me. It’s a team game and every position has a job to do. You can’t blame individuals who thrive at their job for the errors of others. 

His job is as a footballer not a tackler. He's not doing his job, as a midfielder he doesn't force the ball forward enough and he doesn't stop it from ending up in our own net either. You look at the past 3 seasons and he sticks out as the constant weak link. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

His job is as a footballer not a tackler. He's not doing his job, as a midfielder he doesn't force the ball forward enough and he doesn't stop it from ending up in our own net either. You look at the past 3 seasons and he sticks out as the constant weak link. 

Yes, and footballers come with different specialities, experts in their position. Each position has its own set of priorities. Do we agree on that part at least? 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

No, no, yes, no, definitely no, debatable, no.

Next ?.

Let your hatred pass and answer again Palf.

He rarely has trouble controlling a ball does he? Haven’t heard hat one before.

Passing has been proven beyond even your biased one sided opinions.

Great that you admit he can do a main part of his job well. That’s the first step in rehab.

Again watching him, he surprises you for his height. 

I suspose that’s for the man that picks him to decide... and he generally picks him.

His teammates say he does... which means your opinion on that is invalid.

NEXT haha!

30 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Let your hatred pass and answer again Palf.

He rarely has trouble controlling a ball does he? Haven’t heard hat one before.

Passing has been proven beyond even your biased one sided opinions.

Great that you admit he can do a main part of his job well. That’s the first step in rehab.

Again watching him, he surprises you for his height. 

I suspose that’s for the man that picks him to decide... and he generally picks him.

His teammates say he does... which means your opinion on that is invalid.

NEXT haha!

Sorry Shukes mate I thought you had asked to have your questions answered, Mike gave you all yes I gave you one yes so you can see I looked at it properly and gave it due consideration, we are just poles apart with our opinions of him.

But we do sometimes agree on things as well, such as Pickford, Gomes and Richarlison so it's not all bad.

In all honesty you are right on the points of instruction and team mates so 3 out of 7 in agreement with you🙈🙊😇

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Sorry Shukes mate I thought you had asked to have your questions answered, Mike gave you all yes I gave you one yes so you can see I looked at it properly and gave it due consideration, we are just poles apart with our opinions of him.

But we do sometimes agree on things as well, such as Pickford, Gomes and Richarlison so it's not all bad.

In all honesty you are right on the points of instruction and team mates so 3 out of 7 in agreement with you🙈🙊😇

Well ones debatable so it’s more 3.5/3.5!

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Yes, and footballers come with different specialities, experts in their position. Each position has its own set of priorities. Do we agree on that part at least? 

Yep, although a central midfielder should be above average for the majority of the basics. Gana doesn't have the basics like weighing his passes, not flying in, staying goal side and knowing when to put your foot. For me if you're playing centre mid you have to be able to read the game, and Gana just doesn't/can't and it's why we get done through the middle more than any team. 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Yep, although a central midfielder should be above average for the majority of the basics. Gana doesn't have the basics like weighing his passes, not flying in, staying goal side and knowing when to put your foot. For me if you're playing centre mid you have to be able to read the game, and Gana just doesn't/can't and it's why we get done through the middle more than any team. 

If his pass completion rate is so high, that says there’s nothing wrong with his passing as people are getting the ball

if his tackle and interception rate is so high, that says he’s very good at reading the game and positioning. If he wasn’t, he couldn’t male the tackles or interceptions. That’s just physics. 

I get that you don’t rate him, but denying facts is just baffling. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

If his pass completion rate is so high, that says there’s nothing wrong with his passing as people are getting the ball

if his tackle and interception rate is so high, that says he’s very good at reading the game and positioning. If he wasn’t, he couldn’t male the tackles or interceptions. That’s just physics. 

I get that you don’t rate him, but denying facts is just baffling. 

No it doesn't. It says he's getting the ball to his team mate and that's it. It doesn't show the quality of the pass or the better options he's missed or what happened to the ball from there. 

He makes them as he chases the ball not thanks to his positioning, if anything he's straying completely out of position to do so. Compared to the likes of Barry and Carsley who done a more effective job by holding position and knowing when to put a foot in. Also tackles don't show what happens to the ball after that point, often he makes a tackle and the ball falls to the opposition who now have a massive gap in the middle as Gana is out of position. Surely it's better to hold your position and close the gaps to prevent a chance than rush in and get an extra tally next to your tackle stats. 

Stats are only a tool, I don't deny them I interpret them based on his performances. Statistically Gana and Kante are very similar, yet watching their game there is a massive difference in how Kante reads the game compared to Gana's headless chicken. Looking at stats is why Walsh wanted Gana over Kante. Watching them is why Chelsea bought Kante over Gana. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

What are others thoughts on Gana. Other than the two Ps. Don’t mean that rude either.... it’s just you two would replace him with a stickleback.

Is there anyone we could replace him with you could think of? Or do we need a different type of player there?

I’d replace him with a snowman ⛄️ even on summers day   

Ruben Neves DM Portuguese great ability as comfortable on the ball as Gomes can turn a man make telling passes and score goals as the ability to sit or play more forward because he’s a footballer who can play the game, not a one trick pony. 

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

What are others thoughts on Gana. Other than the two Ps.

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’d replace him with a snowman ⛄️ even on summers day   

What happened to, "I don't need to say anything about Gana anymore.....nothing will make me change my mind..."? 

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

What happened to, "I don't need to say anything about Gana anymore.....nothing will make me change my mind..."? 

I know mate it’s like an addiction I don’t want to but I feel I have to, I may seek help for this in the New Year or just block it. 

Just realised you never commented on Neves great shout don’t you think.