IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

Irony being you seem to be just as pompous as Lukaku. 

Nothing quite so off putting as seeing people blow smoke up there own arse, but knowing Haf I believe it was tongue in cheek and humour is hard to get across when you are posting, he's gonna correct me now and tell me to fuck off he meant it.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Nothing quite so off putting as seeing people blow smoke up there own arse, but knowing Haf I believe it was tongue in cheek and humour is hard to get across when you are posting, he's gonna correct me now and tell me to fuck off he meant it.

Sometimes you make sense, then I realize you’re anti-Gana, and I start to question myself. 🎣

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

No Sibdane you was right and I was wrong apologies mate he is pompous, should have realised that there’s no smoke with out fire, and Haf is becoming the human version of a Kipper due to the amount of smoke he blows us his own arse 🤫😉

Just watched a video on Messi. Can’t understand why people can’t see the truth.

Hes shit. The only suprise  is that so many people are incapable is seeing it. 

Brexit is a GREAT idea!

Liverpool are a great team!

Palfy knows his shit!

PeteO talks sense..... ok now I’m taking it way to far!

19 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Just watched a video on Messi. Can’t understand why people can’t see the truth.

Hes shit. The only suprise  is that so many people are incapable is seeing it. 

Brexit is a GREAT idea!

Liverpool are a great team!

Palfy knows his shit!

PeteO talks sense..... ok now I’m taking it way to far!

:rofl:

On 09/12/2018 at 16:56, Shukes said:

Bite ya twat!

That's three poor games in a row, can I borrow your Messi video please.

Now the next game is perfect for his one string City will have 60% plus of the game so he will have ample opportunities to show us his tackling skills. 😂😂😂😂😂 fuck just pissed myself.

Two.

It happens at your age.

he wa useless, but now we have to get rid of bloody Gomes as well.... who was equally useless, though Gomes gave away for chances didn’t he? 

Watford dominated us in the middle. We were poor.

I agree with people saying we need to upgrade him. He isn’t good enough to take us to our next step. Along with possibly six other players in the first team.

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Two.

It happens at your age.

he wa useless, but now we have to get rid of bloody Gomes as well.... who was equally useless, though Gomes gave away for chances didn’t he? 

Watford dominated us in the middle. We were poor.

I agree with people saying we need to upgrade him. He isn’t good enough to take us to our next step. Along with possibly six other players in the first team.

Gomes is a footballer he goes out there and plays good football, like someone said during the game it’s no called tackle it’s a game called football he can’t do the football bit. 

What use is any player to a team who can’t play when playing is what’s required, the better we get as a team the more he stands out as being inadequate at playing football. 

He really invokes the Everton mantra of the Appliance of Science. 👏👏👏👏👏

Gana was certainly far from his best form yesterday.  Seemed like for every ball he recovered he gave one away.  

By half time, things were certainly not working in our favor.  Was hoping that Davies or Zouma would come on after the break.  Neither happened.  Then they scored two quick ones so Silva went bold and all attacking and that was that.

Has Davies even ever played with Gomes? Basically it has mainly been Gana.  Huge fan of Gana but would be worth trying a different pairing at some point (Marco keeps saying he wants competition in all spots).  Not sure the next two games are a time to be tinkering though so maybe FA cup?

9 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Gana was certainly far from his best form yesterday.  Seemed like for every ball he recovered he gave one away.  

By half time, things were certainly not working in our favor.  Was hoping that Davies or Zouma would come on after the break.  Neither happened.  Then they scored two quick ones so Silva went bold and all attacking and that was that.

Has Davies even ever played with Gomes? Basically it has mainly been Gana.  Huge fan of Gana but would be worth trying a different pairing at some point (Marco keeps saying he wants competition in all spots).  Not sure the next two games are a time to be tinkering though so maybe FA cup?

Looked it up and Davies hasn't played with Gomes.  In fact Davies hasn't been involved in a league match since he captained the side in our win over Leicester back in Oct. 6th.  Gana has been subbed since then but looks like Marco Silva prefers to drop Siggy deeper and bring on another attacker when Gana has departed the field.

If he doesn't have faith in Davies then I guess he doesn't have many options.  McCarthy and Beni haven't played a match since Gor Mahia and Morgan isn'tt an option, ha. So Siggy dropping deeper it is.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Gomes is a footballer he goes out there and plays good football, like someone said during the game it’s no called tackle it’s a game called football he can’t do the football bit. 

What use is any player to a team who can’t play when playing is what’s required, the better we get as a team the more he stands out as being inadequate at playing football. 

He really invokes the Everton mantra of the Appliance of Science. 👏👏👏👏👏

I see what you are saying, but you are wrong. Not opinion either.... just plain wrong.

Gana can play football. He is a PROVEN premier league player. He is also an international player. He has had many managers and ALL rate him highly. His team mates have, and still do rate him highly. 

No, he isn’t good enough to take us to the next level, but he IS good enough for where we are at the moment.... which is skirting the top six.... which means he is a top half premier league football player.

I don’t think you are capable of seeing anything he does well, more because of your incesent dislike of him, than a subjective view. 

But I will give you a lot of credit for your catologue of emotes.... much more informative and factual than anything you say about Gana. 

Well done Palf, we’ll done. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I sort of get your point Palfy. For me we don’t need him for the games like the last two, could do with another ball player for the home games with lots of possession. 

I still rate him though. 

I agree StevO. Our problem at the moment is, we don’t have enough options in the middle.

Davies is too similar to Gana for me. Maybe McCarthy? A box to box type. Or then there is always the option of Bernard in the middle with Siggy?

But then we struggle with wingers. Lookman doesn’t give us enough width. Richarlison is being used elsewhere and Walcott ineffective. 

Cant think of other options at the moment, other than the young lad in the U23s.

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I agree StevO. Our problem at the moment is, we don’t have enough options in the middle.

Davies is too similar to Gana for me. Maybe McCarthy? A box to box type. Or then there is always the option of Bernard in the middle with Siggy?

But then we struggle with wingers. Lookman doesn’t give us enough width. Richarlison is being used elsewhere and Walcott ineffective. 

Cant think of other options at the moment, other than the young lad in the U23s.

i don't know where people get the mccarthy is a box to box, he's never been that great of a passer, i've always thought he was the same as gana, a voracious presser and ball winner.  If we must stick with 2 DM put davies in there, he's the better passer and player in attack.  I'd just prefer for the home games against sat back opposition we remove that mid and only have 1 DM in Gomes.  Add another player in attack.

25 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I see what you are saying, but you are wrong. Not opinion either.... tie just plain wrong.

Gana can play football. He is a PROVEN premier league player. He is also an international player. He has had many managers and ALL rate him highly. His team mates have, and still do rate him highly. 

No, he isn’t good enough to take us to the next level, but he IS good enough for where we are at the moment.... which is skirting the top six.... which means he is a top half premier league football player.

I don’t think you are capable of seeing anything he does well, more because of your incesent dislike of him, than a subjective view. 

But I will give you a lot of credit for your car Olivia if emotes.... much more informative and factual than anything you say about Gana. 

Well done Palf, we’ll done. 

Thanks mate much appreciated 👍

48 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i don't know where people get the mccarthy is a box to box, he's never been that great of a passer, i've always thought he was the same as gana, a voracious presser and ball winner.  If we must stick with 2 DM put davies in there, he's the better passer and player in attack.  I'd just prefer for the home games against sat back opposition we remove that mid and only have 1 DM in Gomes.  Add another player in attack.

To be honest it’s been that long since he’s played, I can’t remember much of him. It’s more I’m hoping we have something else to change the way we play.

2 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Looked it up and Davies hasn't played with Gomes.  In fact Davies hasn't been involved in a league match since he captained the side in our win over Leicester back in Oct. 6th.  Gana has been subbed since then but looks like Marco Silva prefers to drop Siggy deeper and bring on another attacker when Gana has departed the field.

If he doesn't have faith in Davies then I guess he doesn't have many options.  McCarthy and Beni haven't played a match since Gor Mahia and Morgan isn'tttt an option, ha. So Siggy dropping deeper it is.

I dont think its that Silva doesnt have faith in Davies (given that he made him captain and promoted him ahead of Schneiderlin) but more that he sees Davies as 'competition' for Gomes rather than Gana.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

McCarthy has always been a box to box player. He isnt a fancy passer (not that it is a requisite for a box to box player) but he is an intelligent player who makes more good decisions than bad, such as when to pass, who to pass to, and with good weight. He is a no frills all round, aggressive player that goes about his business largely unnoticed until he isnt there. 

Gana gave a few good examples yesterday where he found his man with the pass but it was a slow pass, it was bouncing at the player, the other guy was under pressure but he played it anyway. You dont get that shit with McCarthy, or at least you didnt. He just gives you more control on the game whether that be in defensive or offensive situations. 

Edit: type James Mccarthy Wigan into Google and the top search is a review of 2014 (with us). Its a crap video, but it shows you what I mean bout him driving forward, playing (most) passes into people at the right time, taking people on, creating better angles for passes. His starting position is also quite often a lot further forward than you would ever see from Gana. He used to be an Irish Gomes 😂

16 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

It’s debatable that Davies is a better passer imo. I, for one, have been so happy not to see him fail to pass to a teammate 2 fucking yards away. And playing him means we lose athleticism in the midfield. You’ll still get energy but it’ll be slow as shit energy as he literally can only get close to shadows, and not the physical player. 

Gana might not be a player to take us into the top 4 but neither is Tom Davies. The sooner we bring in, or bring through, better players the better.