IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just curious, but where’s the source of that graph? I’d be interested to see the actual breakdown of numbers and see if we can apply it elsewhere. 

SofaScore is the original source of the data. I found the graph on the Everton subreddit. They also have one for Lucas Digne on there if anyone is interested.

http://old.reddit.com/r/Everton

Edit: Also just realized this data chart is done through Tableau, a statistical analysis software (one that I use). When I have more time I'll download the workbook and see what other data can be pulled in.

11 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Unless we can replace him with a ball winning machine who has expansive talents then I don't think it's worth it.  He adds too much to the team.  Liverpool signed fabinho for £44m and isn'tt looking good.

Torreira at arsenal looks great but they would demand double what they paid. 

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I going to start thinking of Gana and Gomes as Tick and Tock for us, because those two really make us tick. 

Obviously, Gomes is the far more expansive of the two but Gana allows him to play that game because he's the tenacious one. Our little Duracell bunny goes around retrieving the ball, and our Portuguese god gets it and moves it. Whether that's with a pass or with a driving run. But neither one can do their job without the other one. They are a true partnership. These two are as an important of a cog as Sigurdsson and Richarlison are for me.

And yeah, Gana will occasionally mess up in his pursuit of the ball (as he did at least once yesterday), but players aren't perfect and Gomes will make mistakes, but it doesn't take a thing away from the good they do, or how vital they are to us.

Best midfield partnership I've seen since Arteta and Carsley. 

Barry and McCarthy were good but not as creative in terms of what Gomes gives us. 

Gana looked to be more expensive yesterday... it shows he can do it but I would sooner he passes to someone more technical.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I going to start thinking of Gana and Gomes as Tick and Tock for us, because those two really make us tick. 

Obviously, Gomes is the far more expansive of the two but Gana allows him to play that game because he's the tenacious one. Our little Duracell bunny goes around retrieving the ball, and our Portuguese god gets it and moves it. Whether that's with a pass or with a driving run. But neither one can do their job without the other one. They are a true partnership. These two are as an important of a cog as Sigurdsson and Richarlison are for me.

And yeah, Gana will occasionally mess up in his pursuit of the ball (as he did at least once yesterday), but players aren't perfect and Gomes will make mistakes, but it doesn't take a thing away from the good they do, or how vital they are to us.

I think they are proving to be a formidable pairing,  we need to secure Gomes in the Jan window.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The gig in that midfield 2 is definitely theirs to lose. Again I didnt think Gana did anything special yesterday, another 6/10 but the beauty is that it its all he needs to do with Gomes. 

Too often in the past Gana has been up and down, one great game and one piss poor game, but generally under Silva he has been more consistent but alongside Gomes he is able to just go about his business and just as importantly Gomes can also go about his.

8 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I think they are proving to be a formidable pairing,  we need to secure Gomes in the Jan window.

Don’t need to wait for any windows to buy him, could take care of that at any point during the season. Don’t need to rush him, he can take his time settling in to the team and worry about his future in six months or so. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

Don’t need to wait for any windows to buy him, could take care of that at any point during the season. Don’t need to rush him, he can take his time settling in to the team and worry about his future in six months or so. 

I think his stock is already far  higher than it was at any stage of his Barca career. 

19 hours ago, StevO said:

Your not concerned that he may get better and better and if we leave for 6 months or so we could end up in a auction and he gets an offer which is more suitable to him and his family. 

Just a thought.