IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I just hope this injury isn’t too serious. We were bullied out of the game today by a non physical team. 

Another players who absence speaks more than a thousand words on forums.

I'd say that was more down to the midfield having one less player against one of the best midfields in the league. 

Last time we had City the omission of Gana was a huge factor. Think Davies got motm, him and Barry bossed them 4 nil, albeit a weakened city team. 

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

And he'd have been winning tackles to get us more opportunity to have the thing.

He's not smart enough to wait for the best moment as such the ball tends to be loose and 50/50 which way possession will go. If anything it exposes us as he's completely out of position so there's a big space to play into if the opposition get to the ball first. 

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

No but he’d have been about to break play up rather than letting them knock it about in out last third. We never toucched the ball, it’s what he does well wherher you want to admit it or not.

The way Gana breaks up play would make it easier for city as they have the players to exploit him being out of position. 

Looking at all three goals were would he have helped? 

Gana tackles and that's it, he doesn't win possession or start an attack, he just puts a foot in and creates a loose ball that could end up exploiting us as Gana has sold himself leaving loads of space to attack. Never seen an Everton team concede clear chances like they do with Gana in the midfield. 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

The way Gana breaks up play would make it easier for city as they have the players to exploit him being out of position. 

Looking at all three goals were would he have helped? 

Gana tackles and that's it, he doesn't win possession or start an attack, he just puts a foot in and creates a loose ball that could end up exploiting us as Gana has sold himself leaving loads of space to attack. Never seen an Everton team concede clear chances like they do with Gana in the midfield. 

Sorry Pete but you’re wrong on this. Sigguardson was anonymous and it’s no coincidence Gomes had his worst game as he was missing his partner in crime. First goal is exactly where Gana would be to put a tackle in before he slides in Jesus.

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

We get beat 3-1... could and should have been 5 but we never missed our midfield tackling machine because of how he goes about winning the ball???

They had hours on the ball. He was missed. Simple as that. 

He doesn't win the ball, he wins the tackle. 

The three goals where would he have been in a position to stop them? 

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

Sorry Pete but you’re wrong on this. Sigguardson was anonymous and it’s no coincidence Gomes had his worst game as he was missing his partner in crime. First goal is exactly where Gana would be to put a tackle in before he slides in Jesus.

We were missing an extra man in midfield as we were 5 at the back. Sigurdssen has been anonymous the last 3 games now. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He doesn't win the ball, he wins the tackle. 

The three goals where would he have been in a position to stop them? 

No again let’s talk FACTS, he does win possession. His main asset is winning the ball and turning it over to a team mate. Your comment about him tackling and us picking up the loose ball is rubbish and has been proved rubbish many times. 

As his passing stats prove. It just takes a pair of eyes to be able to see it though.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

No again let’s talk FACTS, he does win possession. His main asset is winning the ball and turning it over to a team mate. Your comment about him tackling and us picking up the loose ball is rubbish and has been proved rubbish many times. 

As his passing stats prove. It just takes a pair of eyes to be able to see it though.

You do know the tackle stat just that, tackles won. If the loose ball falls to the opposition Gana still gets the gold star next to his name. 

It takes a pair of eyes to see his passing is shite. No weight, no consideration of where is best to put it. Just look at the massive difference between him and Gomes in midfield. Midfielders set the tempo and unfortunately for us Gana kills it. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Talking about passing stats. Has nothing to do with tackling. 

He has excellent passing stats. And as proved to you before, he has a decent range of passing, with many forward passes. 

But I can’t help if you choose to be ignorant to that, that’s your decision.

I wish I was a ignorant to it. There's no thought in his passing, no weight and certainly not many forward that's his last option and usually not an option anymore as he's took too long to see it. 

My point is that when you actually look at the number of passes he makes and how many are forward.... it disproves your theory. 

I mean you could easily counter with the stats that show otherwise.... if they exist. Because no one could argue with that as they would be facts.

Im guessing though, that you don’t need to look at stats..... as you can see with your own eyes. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

My point is that when you actually look at the number of passes he makes and how many are forward.... it disproves your theory. 

I mean you could easily counter with the stats that show otherwise.... if they exist. Because no one could argue with that as they would be facts.

Im guessing though, that you don’t need to look at stats..... as you can see with your own eyes. 

No he doesn't. Already proven that with snapshots from the OS. 

No comment on the quality of the passes?

42 minutes ago, pete0 said:

No he doesn't. Already proven that with snapshots from the OS. 

No comment on the quality of the passes?

Already been proved. MikeO did a great job of actually providing evidence where he had started attacks that lead to chances.... this was with actual passes going forward, reaching our players and them controlling easily. 

If that’s what you call bad passes and a non footballer.... then let’s find some more non players. 

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

85% pass completion. 

That's the same as Gomes yet he plays more expansive passes. Kone had 100% one game, they were all backwards. Gana's case isn'tt too dissimilar, he always takes the easy option for himself often playing backwards or putting a teammate in danger. 

He doesn't pass properly, there's no zip to them, no weight. Even when only doing simple passes the odd one is randomly blasted at a teammate or makes it bounce at them, he's got no control/feel for it. Never known such a poor passer in midfield. 

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Already been proved. MikeO did a great job of actually providing evidence where he had started attacks that lead to chances.... this was with actual passes going forward, reaching our players and them controlling easily. 

If that’s what you call bad passes and a non footballer.... then let’s find some more non players. 

One forward pass doesn't prove anything. Like I said Peter Crouch scored a worldie once doesn't mean anything. Watch him over 90 and judge him on that. 

34 minutes ago, pete0 said:

That's the same as Gomes yet he plays more expansive passes. Kone had 100% one game, they were all backwards. Gana's case isn'ttt too dissimilar, he always takes the easy option for himself often playing backwards or putting a teammate in danger. 

He doesn't pass properly, there's no zip to them, no weight. Even when only doing simple passes the odd one is randomly blasted at a teammate or makes it bounce at them, he's got no control/feel for it. Never known such a poor passer in midfield. 

One forward pass doesn't prove anything. Like I said Peter Crouch scored a worldie once doesn't mean anything. Watch him over 90 and judge him on that. 

Gomes also plays a lot of side and backward balls. 

Again, the fact that his completion is so high proves you wrong. I don’t care how zippy the pass is, provided it gets to one of our players. ...Just like his tackling stats vs your poor placement “argument”. 

Considering he makes so many completed passes playing others into trouble, you’d think we’d concede more than we do without him. Oh, wait....

Did we miss Gana for me that’s hard one to call, when we play 5 at the back and 2 in the middle history has shown us in the past we have always struggled with that formation even when Gana’s played. 

Gylfi and Gomes definitely struggled they had to much ground to cover against the best team in the league replace Gana with Gylfi and for me it would have been the same result. 

For me wrong formation regardless of personnel. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Did we miss Gana for me that’s hard one to call, when we play 5 at the back and 2 in the middle history has shown us in the past we have always struggled with that formation even when Gana’s played. 

Gylfi and Gomes definitely struggled they had to much ground to cover against the best team in the league replace Gana with Gylfi and for me it would have been the same result. 

For me wrong formation regardless of personnel. 

This for me.

The debate is still open because we didnt play the same formation and then instead of playing a proper centre midfielder, we played Siggy, who should never have been in that position.

For example I think we would have been even worse with Gana and Siggy (no Gomes) in that formation.

On 16/12/2018 at 20:03, pete0 said:

You do know the tackle stat just that, tackles won. If the loose ball falls to the opposition Gana still gets the gold star next to his name. 

It takes a pair of eyes to see his passing is shite. No weight, no consideration of where is best to put it. Just look at the massive difference between him and Gomes in midfield. Midfielders set the tempo and unfortunately for us Gana kills it. 

🤷🏻‍♂️ His 85% successful pass rate this season would seem to indicate your chatting shit again Pete 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

This for me.

The debate is still open because we didnt play the same formation and then instead of playing a proper centre midfielder, we played Siggy, who should never have been in that position.

For example I think we would have been even worse with Gana and Siggy (no Gomes) in that formation.

Quoted the wrong one. Unable to delete it. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ His 85% successful pass rate this season would seem to indicate your chatting shit again Pete 

Really don't see how that says anything about the quality of his passing. Gomes has the same pass completion yet plays higher risk passes and helps with the tempo. If Gana is playing easier passes it should be at least higher? Although I'd rather it take a slight dip if it meant he was helping us play football rather than hindering the tempo.

41 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Quoted the wrong one. Unable to delete it. 

Really don't see how that says anything about the quality of his passing. Gomes has the same pass completion yet plays higher risk passes and helps with the tempo. If Gana is playing easier passes it should be at least higher? Although I'd rather it take a slight dip if it meant he was helping us play football rather than hindering the tempo.

You’re moving the goal posts Pete, you insinuated he couldn’t pass the ball when clearly he can

His job is not to be a playmaker, he is in the side to win back possession and give it to the likes of Gylfi and Gomes to make the killer pass , and it’s a job he does very well 

24 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You’re moving the goal posts Pete, you insinuated he couldn’t pass the ball when clearly he can

His job is not to be a playmaker, he is in the side to win back possession and give it to the likes of Gylfi and Gomes to make the killer pass , and it’s a job he does very well 

448th post pointing that out (I counted, honest:unsure:); unfortunately Pete has 449 replies disproving the evidence. Don't believe your eyes, don't believe the men who've coached and picked him and don't believe the pundits, Pete knows best.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

His job is a footballer. I'd expect him to be able to play football and not just tackle tackle tackle. His tackling doesn't necessarily win possession and his passing is detrimental to our play. Just because you manage to get the ball to the other player doesn't make it a good pass. I'm not just on about his lack of vision, I been he's fecking shit at the basics. I'd expect any professional footballer to be able to pass the ball with purpose, weighing the pass and considering where is best left foot, right foot, in front of them or just into feet. Gana doesn't do any of that and I couldn't name you another midfielder in the league who gets away with it. 

27 minutes ago, MikeO said:

448th post pointing that out (I counted, honest:unsure:); unfortunately Pete has 449 replies disproving the evidence. Don't believe your eyes, don't believe the men who've coached and picked him and don't believe the pundits, Pete knows best.

Don't forget Palfy, he's in the ball too.