IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

....you may say that PeteO Sev and myself don’t know what we’re talking about that’s your opinion and I respect it, but clearly your opinion is not the opinion of the greater football community, it’s more in tune with ours that he is a slightly below average player whose valuation is that of slightly below average midfielder in the top flight. 

That may be your opinion but it's not Pete's, he thinks he's the worst player Everton ever had. You want a soft Ganexit and he wants a hard Ganaxit (off with his head!).

6 hours ago, Paddock said:

Shit him though- none of the big clubs would be interested would they.

Tuchel must be one shite manager..... he's down to his last millions and he wants to waste it on a player who got villa relegated. 

From a serious stand point if we get a deal worth £40m it's possibly worth doing as he is 29 now. Not old but his style means that when he loses a yard or two he won't be any use.... got 2 years.

I do think that Silva will want a more expensive player doing the DM role but is there any player out there with the same ball winning ability, energy, press that gana has with a bit of creativity? Not in my mind.  

9 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Tuchel must be one shite manager..... he's down to his last millions and he wants to waste it on a player who got villa relegated. 

From a serious stand point if we get a deal worth £40m it's possibly worth doing as he is 29 now. Not old but his style means that when he loses a yard or two he won't be any use.... got 2 years.

I do think that Silva will want a more expensive player doing the DM role but is there any player out there with the same ball winning ability, energy, press that gana has with a bit of creativity? Not in my mind.  

Exactly Haf that's why I want him gone with Schneiderlin and Neves in before City step in because they will eventually, get 30-35m for them and but another 20m to it and get him, he will be world class he's starting to show all the signs now and he's only 21.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

You might think it’s laughable but looked on a independent valuations site and they say the same as the French rag €20m. 

They won’t be queuing up at that price you may say that PeteO Sev and myself don’t know what we’re talking about that’s your opinion and I respect it, but clearly your opinion is not the opinion of the greater football community, it’s more in tune with ours that he is a slightly below average player whose valuation is that of slightly below average midfielder in the top flight. 

But don’t worry yourself about him leaving that won’t happen there’s nobody prepared to pay him what we do, so he will be staying and holding us back for a few more years yet. 

No again your not talking facts though Palfy.  If you read the general football community, they rate him very very highly. You three aren’t even close to the... greater football community. 

There are countless links from players, managers, former pros, current pros and more saying how high they rate him. You three seem to rate him as below average at best don’t you?.... not the same is it.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Bit harsh blaming it all on him 😂

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No again your not talking facts though Palfy.  If you read the general football community, they rate him very very highly. You three aren’t even close to the... greater football community. 

There are countless links from players, managers, former pros, current pros and more saying how high they rate him. You three seem to rate him as below average at best don’t you?.... not the same is it.

Ok in that case why is his value only €20m about £18.5m and why aren't other teams making it hard for us to keep hold of him if he's that good, could it be because he isn'tt that good like what has been said before the game is called football not tackle, and better clubs want more ability than he possesses.

If it wasn't for the two biggest twats to join this club in Walsh and Koeman we wouldn't be having to put up with half a dozen below average players on above average money.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

You might think it’s laughable but looked on a independent valuations site and they say the same as the French rag €20m. 

They won’t be queuing up at that price you may say that PeteO Sev and myself don’t know what we’re talking about that’s your opinion and I respect it, but clearly your opinion is not the opinion of the greater football community, it’s more in tune with ours that he is a slightly below average player whose valuation is that of slightly below average midfielder in the top flight. 

But don’t worry yourself about him leaving that won’t happen there’s nobody prepared to pay him what we do, so he will be staying and holding us back for a few more years yet. 

I was referring to the state of the market. £20m is laughable. 

The fact that one of the highest paying Champions League teams is after him would say the greater footballing community, as has been proven again and again, rates him quite highly 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

The fact that one of the highest paying Champions League teams is after him would say the greater footballing community, as has been proven again and again, rates him quite highly 

Has there been an offer tabled, or is journalist making up stories to sell papers and keep their jobs.

For instance look at our own transfer rumours thread, hundreds of names on it so let's not start believing rumours as our thread shows more than 9/10 add up to nothing, but believe me I'm praying it is.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

If he's as good as people say and available for £20m you'd expect a lot more interest. 

As for their scouts, they paid that for Jese who couldn't even get in the Stoke team and how much did we all laugh when they bought David Luiz for a record breaking fee. 

54 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Ok in that case why is his value only €20m about £18.5m and why aren't other teams making it hard for us to keep hold of him if he's that good, could it be because he isn'ttt that good like what has been said before the game is called football not tackle, and better clubs want more ability than he possesses.

If it wasn't for the two biggest twats to join this club in Walsh and Koeman we wouldn't be having to put up with half a dozen below average players on above average money.

Because he’s 29?  As Haf pointed out.

And you have one instance of a site valueing him at that price, against a thousand articles rating him highly. I would be being generous to say that your argument was weak.

Just as a matter of interest... what site was it 😉

37 minutes ago, pete0 said:

If he's as good as people say and available for £20m you'd expect a lot more interest. 

As for their scouts, they paid that for Jese who couldn't even get in the Stoke team and how much did we all laugh when they bought David Luiz for a record breaking fee. 

I agree with your first paragraph. 

IF he was available, but he’s not is he. The manager has been quite clear how highly he rates him. I wouldn’t say that he is in any way available.

I think 20 mill. £ is quite an ok price outside UK. And I don't think Gana will be that hard to replace. The big question is of course who as Shukes said. But I'm sure Silva will come up with a decent solution for that position. That is if PSG really want him. A lot of rumours are going on these days.

Ye didn’t take much effort to see that it’s his age that defines his price. 

Interestingly Digne is only 22.5m at 25.... so he must be really shit.... which was a Brands signing.... bloody hell Palfy. If we use your definition.... we’ve gotto replace 90% of the team and all the staff!

33 minutes ago, Sev said:

I think 20 mill. £ is quite an ok price outside UK. And I don't think Gana will be that hard to replace. The big question is of course who as Shukes said. But I'm sure Silva will come up with a decent solution for that position. That is if PSG really want him. A lot of rumours are going on these days.

I think 20m is a good price for his age. I also think it will take a lot more to replace him. 

But really struggling to decide who, or even what type we need. Personally I would love a midfield powerhouse... Vierra/Keane type.

I just don’t know enough about European football enough anymore to suggest anyone.

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Ye didn’t take much effort to see that it’s his age that defines his price. 

Interestingly Digne is only 22.5m at 25.... so he must be really shit.... which was a Brands signing.... bloody hell Palfy. If we use your definition.... we’ve gotto replace 90% of the team and all the staff!

Not mine Shukes I don't write for the French press or do the valuations for transfermarket.com, but I do agree with them on the subject of Gana which might not surprise you.

So let's get rid of the average brought in by the two biggest pricks to enter Goodison and let the new regime move this club forward without the shackles of the old regime holding us back.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Who said he’s available for £20m? PSG can only spend that amount. The reason we’ve not heard of a load more interest is because he’d cost twice that. 

34 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not mine Shukes I don't write for the French press or do the valuations for transfermarket.com, but I do agree with them on the subject of Gana which might not surprise you.

So let's get rid of the average brought in by the two biggest pricks to enter Goodison and let the new regime move this club forward without the shackles of the old regime holding us back.

Sorry I thought you were using the market value from that site to justify your reasoning, using it as evidence to support your opinion. Which then you would have to use the other valuations on the site too..... after all.... you did quote the site didn’t you 🤪

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

Right so it's not just paper talk then an official offer has gone in?

Didn’t say that mate, just saying if they really are interested in him I would take that as a very big club with very big ideas thinking he is good enough to replace what is an above average player. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Has there been an offer tabled, or is journalist making up stories to sell papers and keep their jobs.

For instance look at our own transfer rumours thread, hundreds of names on it so let's not start believing rumours as our thread shows more than 9/10 add up to nothing, but believe me I'm praying it is.

The vast majority of rumours published by the newspapers come from a leak, either from the player or either club. At the same time, clubs will he interested in five or six players for every one they buy. Now im not saying believe every rumour will come true, but most rumours have truth in there somewhere. 

28 minutes ago, StevO said:

The vast majority of rumours published by the newspapers come from a leak, either from the player or either club. At the same time, clubs will he interested in five or six players for every one they buy. Now im not saying believe every rumour will come true, but most rumours have truth in there somewhere. 

Well all that tells me is our transfer business must be very poor in deed because when you look at our transfer rumours and the amount of players on it to ratio signed it’s more like 1 in 60 and above than 1 in 6, there you go you’ve highlighted something else were shit at this Gana thread gets more interesting everyday, and that’s after 5 or 6 pints 🍺 and a bottle of red.