IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That's exactly right he wasn't on the pitch yet you believe we would have been better with him on, well we don't so that's it discussion over your never convince us differently and vice versa.

Honestly... do you really think we would have done worse or the same.... forget your hatred, this is a serious question Palfy?

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I refer you back to my previous comment, if you still can’t see what Gana brings to the table after the last 2 games there really is no point discussing it any further

Head in the sand every team needs a ball winner your words, today Spurs never so using your wisdom it should have been 0-0 so how without their ball winner on the pitch they can manage to give us good whipping.

6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I refer you back to my previous comment, if you still can’t see what Gana brings to the table after the last 2 games there really is no point discussing it any further

9 goals... two games. ?????????????????  

Come on mate, you have sense I know you do. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Head in the sand every team needs a ball winner your words, today Spurs never so using your wisdom it should have been 0-0 so how without their ball winner on the pitch they can manage to give us good whipping.

Err Sissoko? Ye that’s right, he started mate.

Edit: see this is where facts take over opinions. You said they didn’t have one... but they did.... that’s not opinion, that’s simple fact. 

Disclaimer: you can find this out easily by simply looking at the line ups.... not my opinion or made up fact. Just simple truth.

Sorry 🙁

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Come on wake up and smell the coffee , Spurs were passing the ball about for fun today and cutting us open at will and you honestly don’t think a player with the best tackle and interception rate in the league wouldn’t have made a difference?

Spurs don’t need to win the ball back much if they’ve already got it but I would be interested to see Sissoko stats today

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Honestly... do you really think we would have done worse or the same.... forget your hatred, this is a serious question Palfy?

To be honest I don't know I don't pretend to know the unknown like some of the mystic Megs on here, what I do know is we lost 6-2 at home, to say that if Gana played or any other player we wouldn't have lost so heavily is not quantifiable it can't be proven so it's irrelevant mate.

We could argue if Tosun was up front instead of DCL or Stek in goal instead of Pickford or Kenny instead of Coleman we would have done better, but we will never know so waste of time going into it.

17 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Err Sissoko? Ye that’s right, he started mate.

Edit: see this is where facts take over opinions. You said they didn’t have one... but they did.... that’s not opinion, that’s simple fact. 

Disclaimer: you can find this out easily by simply looking at the line ups.... not my opinion or made up fact. Just simple truth.

Sorry 🙁

Sissoko isn'tt there ball winner it's Dyer he wasn't playing when he is playing Sissoko still plays so do they play with 2 ball winners no.

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

To be honest I don't know I don't pretend to know the unknown like some of the mystic Megs on here, what I do know is we lost 6-2 at home, to say that if Gana played or any other player we wouldn't have lost so heavily is not quantifiable it can't be proven so it's irrelevant mate.

We could argue if Tosun was up front instead of DCL or Stek in goal instead of Pickford or Kenny instead of Coleman we would have done better, but we will never know so waste of time going into it.

Fucker!

Haha you got me stumped. That’s my logic all the time. Fair enough I got nothing to say to that. 

Wheres the Palfy that I know and love, the one that argues no matter what! I do t like this common some sense Palfy, just not used to it 😉

Just now, Palfy said:

Sissoko isn'ttt there ball winner it's Dyer he wasn't playing when he is playing Sissoko still plays so do they play with 2 ball winners no.

Well... ye, Sissoko is a ball winner, if I remember right, we even went after him for the same reason. 

Should we go onto the same site for the stats to see.... errr... awkward 😉

10 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Come on wake up and smell the coffee , Spurs were passing the ball about for fun today and cutting us open at will and you honestly don’t think a player with the best tackle and interception rate in the league wouldn’t have made a difference?

Spurs don’t need to win the ball back much if they’ve already got it but I would be interested to see Sissoko stats today

I'm wide awake mate, aren't you concerned that we can't keep the ball like that, they proved if you keep the ball you don't need a recognised ball winner, I'm not animated about constantly having to win the ball back you obviously get off more on that side of the game than keeping the ball.

If anyone thinks Gana not playing was the reason we got tonked then they probably need to start watching a different game.

Gueye played in the last 3 games against them when we have conceded 10 goals but that doesnt mean we would have won had he not been playing in those. 

He probably would have helped, neither Gomes nor Davies are ball winners, but there would have been just as many holes for Spurs to exploit.

It’s not the fact that Gana is a ball winner - nor is it that Spurs were missing their ball winners in Dier/Wanyama. It’s the fact that Gueye is a better fit than Davies. I won’t say better player as Davies has many attributes ‘better’ than Gueye but, for our current set-up, I’d much rather have Gueye playing alongside Gomes than Davies. Spurs have much better options in central midfield than us. Sissoko and Winks don’t need a label; they’re just very good footballers.

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I'm wide awake mate, aren't you concerned that we can't keep the ball like that, they proved if you keep the ball you don't need a recognised ball winner, I'm not animated about constantly having to win the ball back you obviously get off more on that side of the game than keeping the ball.

Stop talking shite you sound so rediculous now that I’m certain you and PeteO are one and the same.  

We aren’t going to retain the ball like Barcelona and we are going to come up against sides who are good in possession hence you need a ball winner

If we lose possession I want us to win it back , unlike you I see that as an integral part of the game but no I don’t get off more on that side of it 

Just now, Bailey said:

By the way guys you will never guess who made the most interceptions (4), attempted the most tackles (5), made the most blocks (3) and only lost possession once? 

It begins with D and ends with avies.

Some would say it was a Gana-esque performance 😂

You do agree that he was shite though?

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

By the way guys you will never guess who made the most interceptions (4), attempted the most tackles (5), made the most blocks (3) and only lost possession once? 

Brilliant mate absolutely poetic.

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

It’s not the fact that Gana is a ball winner - nor is it that Spurs we’re missing their ball winners in Dier/Wanyama. It’s the fact that Gueye is a better fit than Davies. I won’t say better player as Davies has many attributes ‘better’ than Gueye but, for our current set-up, I’d much rather have Gueye playing alongside Gomes than Davies. Spurs have much better options in central midfield than us. Sissoko and Winks don’t need a label; they’re just very good footballers.

Nailed!

3 minutes ago, c1982 said:

You do agree that he was shite though?

Yes I do. I dont think he was as hopeless as some are making out, but not by much!

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

And more to the point, our manager doesn't know how to set up without Gana. Which is a little concerning in itself, but shows how important Gana is to how Silva wants us to play. 

22 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Stop talking shite you sound so rediculous now that I’m certain you and PeteO are one and the same.  

We aren’t going to retain the ball like Barcelona and we are going to come up against sides who are good in possession hence you need a ball winner

If we lose possession I want us to win it back , unlike you I see that as an integral part of the game but no I don’t get off more on that side of it 

Sorry that may be a bit strong , had a few beers at the match and pissed off about the game so I will leave it there

39 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We looked quite good with the ball today. Our problem was that we were awful at the back. 

9 minutes ago, nogs said:

We looked quite good with the ball today. Our problem was that we were awful at the back. 

In phases we did, for me some didn't put the effort in and I know this will be looked at as controversial by some but I felt Richarlison was poor and showed little effort, but let's not make Davies the scapegoat that would be totally wrong he did some good and bad, but to have hardly any game time which is where most of your fitness and sharpness comes from and then to have to come up against a team in that form who play the ball around with pace and good possession is a big ask when you take everything into account.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

"Attempted" tackles.... how many did he win? 

13 hours ago, nogs said:

Yup. We only had 2 defenders on the pitch. Coleman was apparently playing somewhere and Digne was playing as a winger.  The two sole defenders needed protecting and neither Gomes or Davies did that. 

I assume brands role involves discussing the match with Silva? 

If so I'm expecting him to be setting aside time to get a RB in Jan.  Coleman should have stopped 2 goals.... it's like he has the reaction time of a sloth now.  Sad to see but he's done.

I hope Silva mentions the disallowed goal that would have put us 2-0 up.  

25 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I assume brands role involves discussing the match with Silva? 

If so I'm expecting him to be setting aside time to get a RB in Jan.  Coleman should have stopped 2 goals.... it's like he has the reaction time of a sloth now.  Sad to see but he's done.

I hope Silva mentions the disallowed goal that would have put us 2-0 up.  

There's a lot more than Coleman that need to go, as for Digne he was carrying out orders that have worked in past games when Bernard has played that side with him he was getting a good understanding with Bernard, Richarlison let Digne down he put fuck all effort in never covered for him when Digne went down the line, Richarlison was a lazy prick I don't mind a player with a bit of attitude but it needs to be earned.