IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

35 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Feel free to name a few. 

Closest would be Niasse and Straq but at least they contributed. What does Gana add to the team? He gives clear chances away and stifles our attacks. 

Except for when he wins the ball back and plays in the winger for a goal you mean? 

Just now, Matt said:

Except for when he wins the ball back and plays in the winger for a goal you mean? 

A one off in the 90th minute and he had no other options. 

Weigh up his acts and I doubt there are many points gained thanks to him. Whereas the points lost is bigger than any outfield player for us. Just look at the Soton goals, he's involved in both. He gifts chances like no other player in the league. 

Just now, pete0 said:

A one off in the 90th minute and he had no other options. 

Weigh up his acts and I doubt there are many points gained thanks to him. Whereas the points lost is bigger than any outfield player for us. Just look at the Soton goals, he's involved in both. He gifts chances like no other player in the league. 

No. One; it’s not a one off. 2; “no other choice” doesn’t magically negate the supposed inability to do it. He either can do it or he can’t. Video evidence shows he can and does. 

Please provide your evidence for the “point lost” fiction that you’ve created. 

I’m going to ask one last time; are you just on the biggest wind up or do you actually believe what you’re typing?

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

No. One; it’s not a one off. 2; “no other choice” doesn’t magically negate the supposed inability to do it. He either can do it or he can’t. Video evidence shows he can and does. 

Please provide your evidence for the “point lost” fiction that you’ve created. 

I’m going to ask one last time; are you just on the biggest wind up or do you actually believe what you’re typing?

I could make that pass as could most people. Would I make it every time, probably not, but I could do it at least once, and the likelihood in that play of making it would be quite high. Gana has showed he doesn't do it enough, even the most simple passes are often over hit or bobbly. I expect professionals to be more precise and crisp in their passing, especially a midfielder. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Feel free to name a few. 

Closest would be Niasse and Straq but at least they contributed. What does Gana add to the team? He gives clear chances away and stifles our attacks. 

Danny Williamson

Tony Thomas

Claus Thompsen

John Oster

Scott Gemmill

Mark Pembridge

Alex Nyarko

Li Tie

Steffen Rehn 

Nicklaus Alexanderson

Idan Tal

Gareth Farrelly 

Tommy Johnson

Mitch Ward

Cadamarteri 

Michael branch

Stephen Hughes

Nyarko 

Bakayoko 

Madar

Lacina traore 

Joe max Moore

Preki 

Li wei feng

Castillo 

But yeah.....  PSG's highly rated manager wants to buy Gana for in excess of £25m cos he is the shittest player to wear an Everton shirt and should be sharing the pitch with 2 players worth £500m between them. 

Ok Pete........... 

@hafnia

We'd be a much more solid team with a Scot Gemmill or Mark Pembridge in the middle. Li Tie is basically what Gana is made out to be, but not even half as good. 

Gana has a brilliant reputation based on moneyball stats. A Walsh signing through and through. See how much PSG get for him once they realise how gash he is. Only been here so long due to manager changes. Bit like Joe Hart at City. 

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

I could make that pass as could most people. Would I make it every time, probably not, but I could do it at least once, and the likelihood in that play of making it would be quite high. Gana has showed he doesn't do it enough, even the most simple passes are often over hit or bobbly. I expect professionals to be more precise and crisp in their passing, especially a midfielder. 

Doesn't matter. You said he's incapable, but he clearly is:

1 seasons worth of "one offs", where he demonstrates his ability of passing forward, tackling, intercepting, etc....

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Doesn't matter. You said he's incapable, but he clearly is:

1 seasons worth of "one offs", where he demonstrates his ability of passing forward, tackling, intercepting, etc....

Even you tube doesn't make him look a good player. What does he do in that reel that is more than average? More than what any two legged person is capable of. 

I said he doesn't weigh his passes and the quality of them is poor, no consideration of what foot or whether to go in front or to feet. Naturally you will make a few passes. It's sad that you think one pass proves you're point. Again I'll point at Crouch scoring a worldie, possibly the best goal in the prem, no one calls him the best goal scorer in the prem no one even considers him. 

34 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Even you tube doesn't make him look a good player. What does he do in that reel that is more than average? More than what any two legged person is capable of. 

I said he doesn't weigh his passes and the quality of them is poor, no consideration of what foot or whether to go in front or to feet. Naturally you will make a few passes. It's sad that you think one pass proves you're point. Again I'll point at Crouch scoring a worldie, possibly the best goal in the prem, no one calls him the best goal scorer in the prem no one even considers him. 

It's not one pass though, is it. There's plenty of examples in that video, and that's from one season. Also, you've insisted many times that he is incapable of doing certain things, which is clearly incorrect. 

33 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Pete.  You persistence on gana has done absolutely nothing to convince one person to think otherwise. Gemmill pembridge and Li Tie better.??? Haha....  hilarious. Comments like that actually make me believe you are taking the piss either that or you know fuck all about the game. 

People took the piss when I said DCL should start over Tosun. Think most would now agree. 

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's not one pass though, is it. There's plenty of examples in that video, and that's from one season. Also, you've insisted many times that he is incapable of doing certain things, which is clearly incorrect. 

Everyone is capable of doing something once. Look at Lukaku and his touch, sometimes it was perfect but that doesn't stop people saying he's got a bad touch or mean they're wrong to say so. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

People took the piss when I said DCL should start over Tosun. Think most would now agree. 

Everyone is capable of doing something once. Look at Lukaku and his touch, sometimes it was perfect but that doesn't stop people saying he's got a bad touch or mean they're wrong to say so. 

Yet again - just like with Lukaku - it's not just once, and the evidence is there to support it. Your extreme exaggerations just undermine a point that would be / is otherwise accepted.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yet again - just like with Lukaku - it's not just once, and the evidence is there to support it. Your extreme exaggerations just undermine a point that would be / is otherwise accepted.

I don't get your point, it's not just once. Gana makes poor quality passes every game. He makes it harder for us to attack due to how poor they are. 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I don't get your point, it's not just once. Gana makes poor quality passes every game. He makes it harder for us to attack due to how poor they are. 

Yeh, he makes mistakes, we all acknowledge that. But he also does a lot of good that you refuse to acknowledge and disregard evidence when it's presented. 

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeh, he makes mistakes, we all acknowledge that. But he also does a lot of good that you refuse to acknowledge and disregard evidence when it's presented. 

They're not mistakes, that's just his level. A lot of good? Like tackles that don't even win possession and passes that kill the tempo. At best he's redundant in a game but more often than not he gives a clear opportunity away to the opposition. Only game I can think of were he never was Palace, and that was down to their poor tactics as they never played through the middle to exploit our biggest weakness. 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

They're not mistakes, that's just his level. A lot of good? Like tackles that don't even win possession and passes that kill the tempo. At best he's redundant in a game but more often than not he gives a clear opportunity away to the opposition. Only game I can think of were he never was Palace, and that was down to their poor tactics as they never played through the middle to exploit our biggest weakness. 

So you're going to ignore video evidence to the contrary? 

Pete.... the lukaku reference isn'tt even comparable.  Whichever way you want to look at it lukakus pass completion stats, duels lost, distance run, possession conceded stats were amongst the worst for an outfield player.... if your view is that it is worth suffering them for his goals then it's up to the individual. Some did - I didn't. Some tried to say his touch would improve... I knew it wouldn't but non the less he's at United now.

Pull out some stats about Gana that point to a player who imbalances the side because he gives the ball away as frequently as you make out... tell us statistically how he can be a headless chicken and win the ball so much but in doing so... somehow con managers into believing a shit player is actually good... a player of international quality who did well with his team in the world cup. 

You can't. Because no matter how much you huff and puff there is not one tangible bit of proof that backs up your opinion.

Most of us can see that gana isn'tt Ruben neves or Andrea pirlo sits in front of the back 4 and plays the DM role in a regista fashion.... because he fuckin isn'tt.... why do you think PSG are looking at buying him despite having 2 class registas in their squad.... it's not fuckin hard to understand. Sadly you just ignore all this cos you need to prove yourself right.... you can't. Give it up. Gana is a seek and destroy player who is ideal alongside the midfielder that you want him to be....

1 hour ago, Matt said:

So you're going to ignore video evidence to the contrary? 

The stuff in the video you put is hardly even noteworthy. You could make a video just as long of Lukaku bringing the ball down.

Back to my point about simple passes that he regularly gets wrong and has done for three seasons. You ignoring that thanks to a 6 minute video? 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

The stuff in the video you put is hardly even noteworthy. You could make a video just as long of Lukaku bringing the ball down.

Back to my point about simple passes that he regularly gets wrong and has done for three seasons. You ignoring that thanks to a 6 minute video? 

Nope, I’m taking his mistakes into account after watching him for 3 years and seeing that his strengths greatly outweigh his deficiencies without exaggerating to the extreme.