IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No errrrmmmm about it mate just celebrate that he plays for us. 

Just now, badaids said:

MOTM tonight.  Love Pickford.

Friends, I love Pickford as much as the next Evertonian. Just being realistic here. And if anyone was MOTM it was Shaw. Assist on the first goal, beautiful slide ball through to Grealish on the second.

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Haf it’s inevitable he will make the odd mistake sooner or later, and when he does I hope people will look at what he’s done in last 6 months or so, and realise all keepers make mistakes and cut him some slack which he fully deserves. Hope you agree mate. 

Absolutely. The turnaround in his game for the last couple months of the season has carried over into this tournament, which will hopefully carry over into the new season.

When Jordan is confident, he's one of the elite keepers in the world. Just needs to avoid the complacency and bone-headed mistakes that are often times his downfall.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Made up for Pickford, he really looks to have sorted his head out and now looks like he is developing into the keeper we all hoped he would be, and I don’t just mean in this tournament either his form for us in the second half of the season was just as good

Really starting to ram it down the throats of all who doubted him

I wonder what Lee Dixon would make of it all? 

He was probably sat there thinking Pickford should have caught the one that was blasted at him that he touched over the bar. The fucking melt.

Phil McNulty on the BBC website...

"England were again thankful for the brilliance of Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, who has yet to concede a goal in the tournament and saved crucially from Timo Werner and Kai Havertz in each half.."

So fickle, he's written very negative things in the past (even though he's supposedly a Blue).

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Phil McNulty on the BBC website...

"England were again thankful for the brilliance of Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, who has yet to concede a goal in the tournament and saved crucially from Timo Werner and Kai Havertz in each half.."

So fickle, he's written very negative things in the past (even though he's supposedly a Blue).

The Telegraph reported him as 'the former Sunderland keeper'. I mean, what the actual fuck?! :lol: 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Haf it’s inevitable he will make the odd mistake sooner or later, and when he does I hope people will look at what he’s done in last 6 months or so, and realise all keepers make mistakes and cut him some slack which he fully deserves. Hope you agree mate. 

Odd mistakes are expected..... Ridiculous behaviour, laughing at mistakes, grinning at cameras and getting embroiled in shite with opposition fans isn't the best way of deflecting attention and pressure.

Palfy, I'm all for his rediscovered form but I'm not getting out the red carpet.  Let's just hope he doesn't come back like he did after his last international tournament.... It's been a long 2 and a bit years of him going through a big learning. 

Pickford has really turned things around since that Van Dyke tackle - with great consistency and some top performances for both club and country. He was public enemy No.1 for weeks after that tackle, so all credit to the lad. Really deserves the plaudits he is getting considering the kicking he was getting in the press and by most of the pundits.

Topped of our MotM charts and four clean sheet at an International tournament - no doubt he is a top keeper when he is on it.  

30 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Following the Ferdinand script, ‘I’ve been critical of him with Everton but with England he’s a different player!’ Plainly neither have watched many Everton games this year.

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This is me… tail between my legs.

Pickford first player to ever have five…. Yes five…. Clean sheets at the start of the euros! 

Not by luck…. But by ability! 

He's done very well .... Had a bit of a mad 15 minutes but no goals conceded..... Get him in a zen state.