IGNORED

Liverpool (Home) Monday December 19

markjazzbassist

I'm all honesty, you need things to go right in a derby, jimmy Mac off at half time is a huge blow to us, Barry should only have gotten 20 mins max in that game, losing a keeper is a waste of a sub especially given how hard our players worked.

All in all the effort was there, legs went second half and I can understand it given the reasons above. Liverpool have been scoring for fun and their goal was a bit fortunate. It hurts now but if we play with that desire and application we will be okay.

No, you need quality. We barely strung a pass together second half. We can't settle for that.

Sent from my Fusion5 using Tapatalk

When we lost McCarthy we lost his mobility and work, and we ceded the initiative to them.

Loosing our keeper as well meant we couldn't make changes we needed to freshen up tired legs later on.

Second half we played well enough considering we were holding on. Defense played well on the whole. Williams looks a real player after the Arsenal performance, and Mori worked well with him, although is long range passing is poor.

Barkley played well when he had the opportunity to, and put in a real shift. Gana was his usual self Mr reliable.

Overall despite the loss I am optimistic, if we get Shneiderlin, Memphis and Gabiadini then I think we will be a different team, with more quality out wide and mobility in midfield.

Appalling ball-watching by Williams and Funes Mori on the goal. Basic, basic defending, failed to follow the ball toward the goal. Basic. Just like our inferior passing. Basic.

As Sturridge was making his run,, Barkley was just watching the game. Ross just has no sense of where the ball will be, the opposite of Gana, who has a great sense of where the ball will be. Probably not fair to contrast Barkley with Gana, but too often it's painful to watch as Ross wastes so very much energy, running from here to there, always 2 steps behind the play when on defense. And Ross should have seen a red card.

The 2 injury substitutions really limited Koeman's options, and Calvert-Lewin was a long-shot gamble that didn't pan out at all.

Gana and Coleman had strong performances, as did McCarthy.

Beyond mentioning the obvious, I second this. The commentators were saying how much it'd help if the ball actually stuck up top. When we were under pressure like were were, it would have helped if we weren't dealing with attacks every few seconds.

It was relentless.... giving the ball to Lukaku to hold onto it and sustain an attack is like trying to take a bath with no plug in it.... you need to keep pouring water in quicker than it pours out.

He worked hard in the first half, won lots of headers but I'm sorry we can't build a team around him like this. It's a false economy - especially against teams as dynamic as liverpool going forward.

Sorry but that's the way it is. As soon as we had the kid up front with lukaku we were weak in possession... no retention no ability to win it back.

Barkley should have got a red, so should lovren but ross after breaking his leg should be better than that.

Is anyone surprised. Soon as I saw the 8 minutes go up I fucking knew they'd score in it the fucking horrible jammy twats.

I fucking despise the horrible cunts. I'm not even angry or shocked I just knew it was going to happen.

We're not good enough, they're a much better side than us and they are much fitter which is a double whammy. We had a bit of bad luck but Barkley should have walked. Lukaku is isolated we have zero creativity, Barkley was utterly dreadful. We're fucking clueless.

Another Derby defeat, it's taking the piss now.

Agree with everything said about Barry, we're just too easy to play against with him in the middle. And Lukaku, he offers zero as a team player, great goalscoring record, but you have to carry him. Needs to go.

Stop bragging about your Fusion 5!

Appalling ball-watching by Williams and Funes Mori on the goal. Basic, basic defending, failed to follow the ball toward the goal. Basic. Just like our inferior passing. Basic.

As Sturridge was making his run,, Barkley was just watching the game. Ross just has no sense of where the ball will be, the opposite of Gana, who has a great sense of where the ball will be. Probably not fair to contrast Barkley with Gana, but too often it's painful to watch as Ross wastes so very much energy, running from here to there, always 2 steps behind the play when on defense. And Ross should have seen a red card.

The 2 injury substitutions really limited Koeman's options, and Calvert-Lewin was a long-shot gamble that didn't pan out at all.

Gana and Coleman had strong performances, as did McCarthy.

I have sympathy with the CB'S because it was a scuffed shot, they were trying to block and they were wrong footed. In a perfect world they might have been able to get closer but in that situation a pace player like Mane facing the goal is going to beat slow defenders having to turn.

Also your comments on Gueye/Barkley, for the goal Gueye gets caught trying to anticipate the pass into Lallana (I think) and gets out of position giving Baines no support. Baines has done what he can to move him into traffic but the traffic wasn't there.

Is anyone surprised. Soon as I saw the 8 minutes go up I fucking knew they'd score in it the fucking horrible jammy twats.

I fucking despise the horrible cunts. I'm not even angry or shocked I just knew it was going to happen.

We're not good enough, they're a much better side than us and they are much fitter which is a double whammy. We had a bit of bad luck but Barkley should have walked. Lukaku is isolated we have zero creativity, Barkley was utterly dreadful. We're fucking clueless.

Are they fuck a much better side. We were absolutely on top in that first half. McCarthy going off is what cost us.

Are they fuck a much better side. We were absolutely on top in that first half. McCarthy going off is what cost us.

They played shite and still beat us. We played ok and still lost.

They are a much better side with better players a better team spirit and a better manager.

It kills me to say it but it's the truth. Any Liverpool fan will tell you they were poor tonight whilst we are raving about our ahem first half performance.

Gulf is huge mate

They played shite and still beat us. We played ok and still lost.

They are a much better side with better players a better team spirit and a better manager.

It kills me to say it but it's the truth. Any Liverpool fan will tell you they were poor tonight whilst we are raving about our ahem first half performance.

Gulf is huge mate

Never thought our fans were so misty eyed! I agree with you, if you havent got ability you need fight, if you havent got either, you lose.

It's this ability to pen defences in that they have. Every forward knows how to move, look after the thing, press...

I agree we are a million miles away from them.

Valencia was a miss when he went off imo. Calvert-lewin? I hope he comes good but that was not the game for him.

I'd have sooner seen tom Davies come on for mccarthy. Barry would have been fine for last 15 minutes if we'd kept mccarthy on as he really was playing well.

Gutted. I've had an operation today and been sat up in bed watching it.

No, you need quality. We barely strung a pass together second half. We can't settle for that.

The derby is a different game. Zero time on the ball and challenges flying in. Barry is too slow and this is why we looked threatening first half and not second. I'm not settled but the desire was there just not the personal

It's this ability to pen defences in that they have. Every forward knows how to move, look after the thing, press...

I agree we are a million miles away from them.

Valencia was a miss when he went off imo. Calvert-lewin? I hope he comes good but that was not the game for him.

I'd have sooner seen tom Davies come on for mccarthy. Barry would have been fine for last 15 minutes if we'd kept mccarthy on as he really was playing well.

Gutted. I've had an operation today and been sat up in bed watching it.

Agree on Davis but it could have been the game from, would have been a brave move from Koeman but Barry doesn't have the legs for that tempo game.

On a another note I throught mori was good

we either need to play with two up top or get rid of Rom. He's just not a hold-up player because of his poor touch, not because of his size, considering his size he should be able to hold the ball well. He's great running into space with a head of steam but can't play with his back to goal. And he doesn't play for the team. He was a bit better tonight pressing but still not that great, watch a guy like Costa and see the difference. Good goal scoring record for sure but a bit flattering considering the overall package and what was paid for him.

I thought the ref was unfair, they were flopping a bit and exagerating and aggressive towards Dean. Lovren was already on a yellow and he did everything Coleman did but wasn't booked for shoving precisely because he was already cautioned. The only argument was perhaps that Coleman came from a long way away.

disappointing but expected, hate to say it.

Fuck. Gutted, yet not surprised. We just can't keep up with teams of, well, any caliber - and the Shite is not exactly Barca or Real, lets be honest. We have issues - too many to list - but there are core problems with this team.

I honestly don't know where the fuck we go from here. The Arsenal thing seems like a fluke now looking back, and aside from defensive frailties, we have some major attacking woes. Rom did well in the air, but he got his arsed fondled one too many times for my liking and he can't dribble around a parked car if I'm honest. Barry - love the guy - but his creative vision is not enough to make up for legs like on my dead grandmother. Ross? I don't know what to think of the lad anymore. I fucking love the kid like a brother, yet he seems worthless about 68.3% of the time, and that might be generous.

I love this team, but I just don't know how we are going to get off this bumpy road we are on and start making in-roads on a path to success. And fuck Liverpool - there is NO fucking way they are grabbing the title this season - and this is not sour grapes.

We were definitely the better team in the first half - Gueye and McCarthy were on top in midfield but all of our attacks broke down early with Lukaku and Barkley (and Lennon and Valencia to a lesser extent). We really needed to grab a goal in the first half while we were dominant because it was always going to be tough to keep up that press for the full 90.

We got some luck with Barkley getting away with what should have been a red, but we were also unlucky with the two forced substitutions and the fortuitous goal. I don't think you can deal too much blame for the goal to anyone in particular, Robles was positioned where he should be for the initial shot from Sturridge and even at full stretch with a 2 metre wingspan the ball was beyond his reach. Perhaps Funes Mori and Williams could have better anticipated a possible rebound to beat Mane to the ball.

Overall you have to say that the performance was much improved from most of what we've seen over the past two months. I would stick to the same starting XI as much as possible against Leicester.

We need 2 forwards and a number 10 like coutinho, technical, sharp in mind with the ability to run the lines and interchange effectively.

January can't come quick enough.

Players to sell:-

Lukaku - £50m, just get the sale done. Tremendous finisher when that's all he's asked to do. His overall game exposes the team far too often. It's not all about him but for a player to have such a value yet leaves us vulnerable to counter attack after counter attack can't be mitigated.

Cleverley:- £7m.... ideal player for a Burnley. Not a top half team.

Mccarthy:- if these injuries keep happening then he has to go. He's been great of late too. Get Schneiderlin in. Made of glass nowadays.

Barkley:- if a team offers £40m then it may be time for a fresh start. I believe he has it to become a great player but maybe that will be away from the frustrations of those expecting so much. He lacks the mental strength to be the local great hope.