IGNORED

Hull City (Away) December 30th

markjazzbassist

What do people expect of Everton? Is that acceptable? Because it certainly felt at the start of the game that we gave the worst team in the Premier League way too much credit.

When are people going to start calling for the manager to be sacked? Because its not fucking good enough.

What do people expect of Everton? Is that acceptable? Because it certainly felt at the start of the game that we gave the worst team in the Premier League way too much credit.

When are people going to start calling for the manager to be sacked? Because its not fucking good enough.

The player quality is also really telling.

Terrible but at least we got a point.

Again I can't really point my finger at anyone and say you were shite. There was a good dozen occasions today where the players were looking at each other unsure about who was responsible or pointing and arguing with their team mates. Another set piece goal conceded too, taking way too long for the outfield players to organise the wall lots more small things that a well prepared team shouldn't be doing on the pitch.

I said it before Koeman came that he seemed to have a habit of doing well against the better teams in the league and then struggling against the rubbish and it doesn't appear that this trait is going to end any time soon!

Only positives are Barkley and Davis.

If Davis doesn't start next game I'll be furious

What match were you watching where Ross Barkley's performance was positive?

He scored a goal. And I think thats just about all he did.

I wish we had a proper prospect like Deli Ali.

That lazy fraud cant even be arsed to do anything more than a light jog off the ball.

Evertonian or not, snatch spurs fucking hand off for him this January, he has no future here. Leon Osman would probably benefit the team more than he does even to this day.

Agree fully.

He tinkered with a winning team and brought back a player who is bang out of form.

It's not just that: He's getting the very basics wrong. We can fault the players for not doing well, but we can't fault them when it's clear they're not sure what is their role. Poor passing, poor defending, Rom isolated much of the time, huge gaps in midfield, hopeful long balls - it seems rather hit and miss to me. I really don't think the players know what they're supposed to be doing. That is very worrying. If I was in Moshiri's shoes, I'd be having a very serious conversation with Koeman.

What match were you watching where Ross Barkley's performance was positive?

He scored a goal. And I think thats just about all he did.

I wish we had a proper prospect like Deli Ali.

That lazy fraud cant even be arsed to do anything more than a light jog off the ball.

Evertonian or not, snatch spurs fucking hand off for him this January, he has no future here. Leon Osman would probably benefit the team more than he does even to this day.

Ross played well, only player who looked like doing anything.

If Alli had played like that Sky would be pissing themselves over him.

If you didn't watch the game, but just looked at the stats...you'd think we dominated!

We played some decent stuff at times, certainly the better footballing team. But we really do need some better quality across the front line. This is essential and I think it would make a big difference for us.

Not much to scream about in terms of individual performances. Davies looked smart when he came on. Calvert-Lewin looked much more comfortable in the middle. Everyone else huffed n puffed but never really took off.

This season so far is going pretty much how I imagined. Very up and down. But, at the end of the day, we are in 7th at the half way point. And we will still be 7th when everyone else plays their 19th game. Higher than a lot of you thought we'd be. Higher than I thought we'd be. We are scrapping by, not doing anything breath taking but certainly not doing as bad as some of your lots comments would indicate. We've still got a lot of work to do, but the table doesn't lie...as they say!!!

Newty, I appreciate the positive vibe. But the negativity from some of us stems from the fact that we are not realising our potential. Too slow, no direction at times, lacking teamwork,etc. Just not good enough. Too much shite overall. When was the last time you can say "x" or "y" is just playing their arses off?

Carragher made a fair point. We never expected to be suddenly challenging the top 4 and 7th is a fair position all things considered.

The problem is that we are miles away from the top 6 and 7th is looking as good as it gets. We'll do well to hold 7th all season now.

Fans were expecting Everton at least be a threat to the top sides, if one of them slips up we could be in a position to pounce. But no, we really are miles off the pace. We are just that team that, so far, is a bit better than Southampton, West Brom and Stoke

As I remember it on here, most of the posters expected mid table. As I remember it, a lot would have been made up with 7th!!!

I just think that reactions to our situation are over the top considering what people's expectations were at the start of the season. We are right to expect more from performances in several games...but it's far too early into the new era for some of the reactions so far.