IGNORED

Hull City (Away) December 30th

markjazzbassist

Newty, I appreciate the positive vibe. But the negativity from some of us stems from the fact that we are not realising our potential. Too slow, no direction at times, lacking teamwork,etc. Just not good enough. Too much shite overall. When was the last time you can say "x" or "y" is just playing their arses off?

I'm not trying to be positive. I'm just saying it how it is...at half way point, we are 7th. That's the reality. Nothing to do with being positive. Or any other emotion. We are 7th. That's not opinion, it's fact.

That's not to say I'm enjoying every game. It's not to say that everything is flowing perfectly. Not to say that there is no area for improvement....it's just to say that we are......7th! Better than most, inc. Me, thought we would be.

If you didn't watch the game, but just looked at the stats...you'd think we dominated!

We played some decent stuff at times, certainly the better footballing team. But we really do need some better quality across the front line. This is essential and I think it would make a big difference for us.

Not much to scream about in terms of individual performances. Davies looked smart when he came on. Calvert-Lewin looked much more comfortable in the middle. Everyone else huffed n puffed but never really took off.

This season so far is going pretty much how I imagined. Very up and down. But, at the end of the day, we are in 7th at the half way point. And we will still be 7th when everyone else plays their 19th game. Higher than a lot of you thought we'd be. Higher than I thought we'd be. We are scrapping by, not doing anything breath taking but certainly not doing as bad as some of your lots comments would indicate. We've still got a lot of work to do, but the table doesn't lie...as they say!!!

I agree, we're a mediocre side. Not good enough.

Unlucky Hull, tame OG, goal from a FK that should've been the winner and an opposition manager that threw a defender on late when you were on the ropes.

Hull started in top gear and worked like their prem survival depended on it, whats the motivation for our players? Waiting for their turn to be overlooked or played through poor form no matter what - Totally mixed messages. Only saving grace is the man calling the shots (off goal) wont sugar coat it and tell us its all phenomenal. Thing is its him that continues to set us up on the back foot no matter who we play. It's a most awesome skill, to be able to second guess the entire league and invite pressure on ourselves every game without fail.

Turn that fact around Mr Koeman and the Holland job and WC winners medals are yours guaranteed.

P.S. Worst game from Gueye I've seen. Though this plate full of crap wasn't down to him alone.

What match were you watching where Ross Barkley's performance was positive?

He scored a goal. And I think thats just about all he did.

I wish we had a proper prospect like Deli Ali.

That lazy fraud cant even be arsed to do anything more than a light jog off the ball.

Evertonian or not, snatch spurs fucking hand off for him this January, he has no future here. Leon Osman would probably benefit the team more than he does even to this day.

What game were you watching? More to the point what spurs paud pundit were you listening to?

The lad was solid today.

What game were you watching? More to the point what spurs paud pundit were you listening to?

The lad was solid today.

What do you mean with the Spurs remark? Deli Ali has heaps and heaps more ability than Barkley.

I was watching him today and saw him make two or three good passes, ones that you would expect an attacking midfielder to make. Then watched him potter around the midfield, refuse to chase anything down and not much more. Despite the goal, which was one you'd expect him to score, he offered nothing to change the game. He didnt take it by the scruff of the neck and appear to want to win it.

He was average today. It doesn't deserve credit, if anything average is the bare minimum you'd expect from any player.

What do you mean with the Spurs remark? Deli Ali has heaps and heaps more ability than Barkley.

I was watching him today and saw him make two or three good passes, ones that you would expect an attacking midfielder to make. Then watched him potter around the midfield, refuse to chase anything down and not much more. Despite the goal, which was one you'd expect him to score, he offered nothing to change the game. He didnt take it by the scruff of the neck and appear to want to win it.

He was average today. It doesn't deserve credit, if anything average is the bare minimum you'd expect from any player.

You dont see the sky/spurs connection no? Ah well.

The lad played well considering what he had to pass to. Must be that isolation thing again eh.

Edited by Hafnia

You dont see the sky/spurs connection no? Ah well.

The lad played well considering what he had to pass to. Must be that isolation thing again eh.

I dont know what you mean. I assume you mean they report on him a lot? I like him, but I know some people don't rate him as much. A good friend of mine really doesn't see the hype and I can't figure out why.

As for Ross, it's almost as if 80% of our team dont actually want to work for a win, they just want the win to happen.

I dont know what you mean. I assume you mean they report on him a lot? I like him, but I know some people don't rate him as much. A good friend of mine really doesn't see the hype and I can't figure out why.

As for Ross, it's almost as if 80% of our team dont actually want to work for a win, they just want the win to happen.

Ali was shit for the first 3/4 months of the season. I work with a dozen Spurs fans and what we have been saying about Ross they have been saying about him.

Ross was the best player on the pitch, good passes, used the ball well, tracked back and scored. I am pretty sure Gana, Coleman, Baines, Williams, and Lukaku, Davies, Mori work for a result.

Sort of the same story it has been for most of the season: NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

But that said, Ronald is starting to play some youth. There are a few players past it that need binning--looking at Jags and Barry at the moment. They've been quality players for us but father time is undefeated. Davies should get every start while Geueye is gone for the ACN.

I honestly don't think we were that bad.

People really need to start realising how poor our squad is.

Glad Ross got his goal but he needs to stop shitting out of tackles.

Lukaku isolated AGAIN, Valencia tried and tried, nothing worked for him but he gave 110% Coleman was brilliant again.

What's Jagielka doing challenging our own player for their first, Robles should save the freekick (which was never a freekick btw) he palmed it into the net, strong wrists is basics for a goalie.

Thought Williams and Gana were poor, Mirallas tried but huffed and puffed, Barry was ok as was Baines. Good cameo from Davies but I'm not sure he's ready to start and how Calvert Lewis missed that header I'll never know ?

Back to the old lady Monday, can't wait. Hate not going over Christmas.

COYFBB!!!

Sort of the same story it has been for most of the season: NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

But that said, Ronald is starting to play some youth. There are a few players past it that need binning--looking at Jags and Barry at the moment. They've been quality players for us but father time is undefeated. Davies should get every start while Geueye is gone for the ACN.

He started with the oldest line up he could have picked, then brings the younger players on to get him out the shit, we didn't deserve a point out of that we were totally useless and got off the hook through a bizarre own goal.

Anyone who thinks we did OK IN that game should be arrested for impersonating a football fan, or be placed on a care in the community order.

I honestly don't think we were that bad.

People really need to start realising how poor our squad is.

Glad Ross got his goal but he needs to stop shitting out of tackles.

Lukaku isolated AGAIN, Valencia tried and tried, nothing worked for him but he gave 110% Coleman was brilliant again.

What's Jagielka doing challenging our own player for their first, Robles should save the freekick (which was never a freekick btw) he palmed it into the net, strong wrists is basics for a goalie.

Thought Williams and Gana were poor, Mirallas tried but huffed and puffed, Barry was ok as was Baines. Good cameo from Davies but I'm not sure he's ready to start and how Calvert Lewis missed that header I'll never know

Back to the old lady Monday, can't wait. Hate not going over Christmas.

COYFBB!!!

Does anyone know if senile dementia can start in your mid forties, if it can unfortunately I think Pad has got it.