IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Wednesday November 29th

markjazzbassist

Really solid performance allround in the end. We looked like having a massive wobble after half time and given they hit the bar and then had a penalty saved, it could have ended a very different way, but switching Siggy right worked a treat and Rooney sealed it with a worldie which was brought about by DCL haring after a lost cause for the umpteenth time.

As I said before the game, that was our best looking back 4 that we could have put out and 3 of our best current performers. Williams fucked up for the pen, but he was faultless otherwise. He just gets tighter to the opposition, he is more aggressive and with Holgate alongside he has someone with pace to cover who can also receive and play a pass. Kenny was excellent again and even Cuco was solid. 

In midfield, Gana was neither good nor bad, Rooney was really controlled, organised and in truth put in a performance that I wasnt expecting in that deep role. He scored a fairly decent goal too! It was good to have Davies back. He is always prepared to turn on the ball, he doesnt stop running and I think his pressing is underrated as he drags us up the pitch .

Lennon put in another shift and Siggy had his best game for us and DCL just never gave up. He wasnt perfect but he just never stopped putting himself about. He was unlucky with one chance but at least he won the pen.

Overall though I am made up for Unsworth. He has been put through the ringer the last few weeks and this result must lift him immeasurably. If he had gone out with a loss it would have crushed him even more but this result will feel like a weight has been lifted from his shoulders and he can go back to the U23's and resume the great work he had been doing for them. Thank you Unsy.

22 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Pretty sure I watched I the game, I seem to remember a chap called Rooney scoring a couple of tap ins.

Your views on Gana are well known and I don't think I can change your mind or you mine so I'll leave it there. (But statas don't lie:P)

2 forward passes in the away half, 5 in total. Motm performance that. He's stealing a living. 

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Williams fucked up for the pen

Gana over played the ball and ran towards the corner flag instead of lumping it. West ham then put the pressure on and won a poem.

Williams tackle sn't great but he shouldn't take full blame when he should never have had to make the choice. 

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He is a defensive midfielder, he has the most interceptions, lots of tackles and 85% pass rate, and we got a clean sheet so I'll take that.

He played the same role as Rooney and he managed an Hattrick. 

Often takles are made as you're not in the right position to start with. 

Should be a 100% if all you're doing is passing it back to where it come from. Two teammates pissed off with him for giving straight back to them. Stifles attack and doesn't know where to stand defensively. Got walked past at one point. 

Clean sheet in spite of him. He was at fault for losing possession in the build up for their pen. 

.. And this was probably his best game. He only nearly cost us 2 goals and only ruined one proper attack (counter were he gave it to Rooney too early). 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He played the same role as Rooney and he managed an Hattrick. 

Often takles are made as you're not in the right position to start with. 

Should be a 100% if all you're doing is passing it back to where it come from. Two teammates pissed off with him for giving straight back to them. Stifles attack and doesn't know where to stand defensively. Got walked past at one point. 

Clean sheet in spite of him. He was at fault for losing possession in the build up for their pen. 

.. And this was probably his best game. He only nearly cost us 2 goals and only ruined one proper attack (counter were he gave it to Rooney too early). 

4 hours ago, johnh said:

Followed the game on BBC live text.  For Rooney's third goal the text said that he scored from 35 yards, only 20 yards out!

More than that; pitch at Goodison is 110 yards long so 55 would be the halfway line, closer to 60 yards I reckon, probably about 58.

Just looked at the live text feed, what it says is...

"Goal! Everton 3, West Ham United 0. Wayne Rooney (Everton) right footed shot from more than 35 yards to the centre of the goal."

...so he was technically correct. Sort of.

(Just pleased the ref managed to get out of the was:lol:)

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

More than that; pitch at Goodison is 110 yards long so 55 would be the halfway line, closer to 60 yards I reckon, probably about 58.

Just looked at the live text feed, what it says is...

"Goal! Everton 3, West Ham United 0. Wayne Rooney (Everton) right footed shot from more than 35 yards to the centre of the goal."

...so he was technically correct. Sort of.

(Just pleased the ref managed to get out of the was:lol:)

Do you think it was longer than Beckhams 

9 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Hell yes, Beckham was slow and only did a few decent set pieces, I've never seen the hype about him.

It was the hard work that made Beckham so good. People always see him as the poster boy when reality was that he worked hard for his team. Always pressing and harrying.

The amount of tones I pointed this out to people watching on the pub and then smiled when watched a match and came back to tell me they see it now.

Great player.