IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Wednesday November 29th

markjazzbassist

I actually think we did ourselves proud tonight and that it’s not just because W Ham are shit. They have it a good go and should have got back in it.

But as usual we o it ever win because the other team are shit, just like the Watford game.

Well done tonight blues. Kenny, hold your head up along with DCL, Siggy and Cuco. Let’s not forget the importance of that Pickford save either. 

But let’s face it, there is only one person who owns this night.... Wayne Rooney.

Very good first half. We looked shocking for the first 20 or so minutes of the 2nd half...but that Rooney wonder goal really took the wind out of them.

Nice and solid overall. Yeah, we can't get carried away. But so what? Just enjoy the 4 goals and the clean sheet and let's just forget all the shit for a couple of days.

Saviour the moment.

Great result and performance pretty much everyone. Very impressed with the kids:

Kenny was solid in defense made some crucial interceptions.

Holgate, very solid in defense, hardly any mistakes, confident and won some great headers.

Davies, Back to his best, hassling, tackling, getting forward and most importantly always looking for the ball.

DCL, just great hold up play, so fast always a threat to West Hams defense and a good football brain.

Pickford, so assured in everything and the best penalty save I have seen for us, that may be the moment that changed our season.

Siggy was good, intelligent passing and good set plays.

Rooney, hate him playing as anything else that a free role behind the striker, what a goal.

Lennon was very good defensively and lots of energy, but not as much creativity.

Gana - most interceptions, 85% pass accuracy, he had a good game. 

58 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Great result and performance pretty much everyone. Very impressed with the kids:

Kenny was solid in defense made some crucial interceptions.

Holgate, very solid in defense, hardly any mistakes, confident and won some great headers.

Davies, Back to his best, hassling, tackling, getting forward and most importantly always looking for the ball.

DCL, just great hold up play, so fast always a threat to West Hams defense and a good football brain.

Pickford, so assured in everything and the best penalty save I have seen for us, that may be the moment that changed our season.

Siggy was good, intelligent passing and good set plays.

Rooney, hate him playing as anything else that a free role behind the striker, what a goal.

Lennon was very good defensively and lots of energy, but not as much creativity.

Gana - most interceptions, 85% pass accuracy, he had a good game. 

He played in the middle, more defensive if anything. 

Don't think you watched it. Gana pissed about with the ball lost it and then they got the pen. Pass percentage is due to passing it straight back to where it come from. Rooney and Holgate were pissed off with him. He hides when we're on the ball, he's out of position when we don't. 

Didn't see the point of missing my 5-a-side for this  just watched it on catch up... Needless to say I didn't see that coming! 

Drop Schneiderlin, play Rooney in midfield... Who'd have ever thought of that one, hey?? ;) If I was Morgan I'd be on the phone to my agent right now seeing if he can get me a move to Stoke in January. Wayne's back, that fucking goal... Just wow. 

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Kenny was great tonight. He has started to grow into the team. He was a stand out player in the debacle at Southampton and I really hope that he can continue in the side.

Rooney's second goal came entirely from Kenny's hard work. He took the ball in his own half, drove forward and dropped his shoulder to go past his man, a ball out wide to Davies was put back in and he shimmied it across to Rooney with style.

That was my favourite goal all night. A real team goal from back to front and how I want to see the game played.

I hope to God that Allardyce watched all of that and took in what his new players are truly capable of.

I agree that he's been looking promising in the last little while, but I think you're a bit overgenerous there.  Looked a swing and a miss all day to me, but I'll watch it again on MOTD, which will be enjoyable for the first time in a long time. 

43 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He played in the middle, more defensive if anything. 

Don't think you watched it. Gana pissed about with the ball lost it and then they got the pen. Pass percentage is due to passing it straight back to where it come from. Rooney and Holgate were pissed off with him. He hides when we're on the ball, he's out of position when we don't. 

Pretty sure I watched I the game, I seem to remember a chap called Rooney scoring a couple of tap ins.

Your views on Gana are well known and I don't think I can change your mind or you mine so I'll leave it there. (But statas don't lie:P)