IGNORED

Richarlison

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I find it strange that Gordon would ever be touted as being a part of the deal. 

I heard a few weeks ago might move but I’d rather lose Godfrey I just don’t see him making it at CB for me he can’t head a ball. 
unless he turns into a Kevin Ratcliffe type defender. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You don't even need to think about it, Haf, he won't be leaving. Zero chance of him not being an Everton player this coming season.

I don’t think he’s going, I just hate the shit spurs are pulling. They smell blood and Levy is a cheap bastard. 

The momentum is certainly gaining but I've been wondering this whole time if the agreement will be for January. Make sure he gets the minutes he needs leading up to the world cup and then move on afterwards. 

Also I don't see how Chelsea makes sense. They're at the finish line with sterling and already have pulisic, werner, havertz, ziyech, hudson-odoi and mount, in no particular order. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I don’t think he’s going, I just hate the shit spurs are pulling. They smell blood and Levy is a cheap bastard. 

I don’t really see how this would be a good move for either party. Gordon would be like 5th choice at best across an attacking 3 and it doesn’t seem likely to me that they’d offer us what we would value him at given that likely role. To me (if there is any truth to it at all), it’s more likely to be just kicking the tires in the event he has a good season or two and becomes someone who might start for a top 6 side. Young, talented and English is always gonna attract some eyeballs.

2 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

The momentum is certainly gaining but I've been wondering this whole time if the agreement will be for January. Make sure he gets the minutes he needs leading up to the world cup and then move on afterwards. 

Also I don't see how Chelsea makes sense. They're at the finish line with sterling and already have pulisic, werner, havertz, ziyech, hudson-odoi and mount, in no particular order. 

This only adds to my hope that he stays. 
I don’t see Chelsea wanting him and I don’t see him starting for Spurs straight away and he needs to be playing to start in the World Cup. 

Spur just trying to raid us of our best assets while we are on our arses and need to raise money by the end of this month. Fuck them - If we are going to have to sell any players cheaper than there market value - I would much rather see them go to Chelsea than Levy at Spurs. 

I am sure we can broker some other deals for some Chelsea players during this transfer window with Frank's connection with the club, so if anybody is going to get a player of ours cheaper than market rate - Chelsea would make more sense.

Can't stand Spurs these days. 

22 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Spur just trying to raid us of our best assets while we are on our arses and need to raise money by the end of this month. Fuck them - If we are going to have to sell any players cheaper than there market value - I would much rather see them go to Chelsea than Levy at Spurs. 

I am sure we can broker some other deals for some Chelsea players during this transfer window with Frank's connection with the club, so if anybody is going to get a player of ours cheaper than market rate - Chelsea would make more sense.

Can't stand Spurs these days. 

It's not so much that they want to lowball us with the fees to take advantage of us that's bothering me, it's the way they're trying to give us their cast offs as part of the deal and overstating their values.

You don't want them anymore? Fine. Sell them to another club for that price and then pay us with that on top of the cash you were already paying for Richarlison. Good luck getting £20m for Winks somewhere else though 👍.

51 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's not so much that they want to lowball us with the fees to take advantage of us that's bothering me, it's the way they're trying to give us their cast offs as part of the deal and overstating their values.

You don't want them anymore? Fine. Sell them to another club for that price and then pay us with that on top of the cash you were already paying for Richarlison. Good luck getting £20m for Winks somewhere else though 👍.

I can imagine Levy has enough front to talk down Richarlison's value and big up Winks's in the very same breath. 

We do need to be careful in devaluing the Richarlison deal with and over inflated Winks deal being thrown in to the mix. 

I think Everton may have told Spurs to much detail on our financial problems and what we can and can't do as a club when brokering the Alli deal.

Sounds to me like a deal has been done- 

If we get around £60M for Richarlison I guess I would be happy enough - maybe slightly less if the whole amount goes on the 21/22 financial books and actually saves the club a heap of FFP fines or transfer embargo's etc.

As it looks imminent what would others be happy with? 

44 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Sounds to me like a deal has been done- 

If we get around £60M for Richarlison I guess I would be happy enough - maybe slightly less if the whole amount goes on the 21/22 financial books and actually saves the club a heap of FFP fines or transfer embargo's etc.

As it looks imminent what would others be happy with? 

I think, given he wants to leave and we aren’t in a strong negotiating position,  50-60m is about right. We might also get consideration on a deal for a spurs player coming our way.

Though I tend to think Richie agreeing personal terms doesn’t quite mean it’s imminent as he was always sure to get a big raise and that would have been the easiest part of a deal. Could still take a bit especially if it’s got players coming our way.

45 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Though I tend to think Richie agreeing personal terms doesn’t quite mean it’s imminent as he was always sure to get a big raise and that would have been the easiest part of a deal. Could still take a bit especially if it’s got players coming our way.

but I think one of the important things is that this deal is done in the 2021/22 football accounting year - and that deadline is 30th June 22, which is this Thursday. This together with a Bill and Levy dinner last night, and agreed personal terms being rumors this morning makes me feel the deal is fairly imminent. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

At this point I'd rather be skint for the transfer window than sell him to them.

Its getting that way!! Levy got a taste of us taking Spurs deadwood of their hands after seeing Alli move.

Lets hope other clubs pull their fingers out if its looking like imminent more to Spurs is on the cards. If similar sort of deal with Chelsea and Gallagher then not a problem. but has to be players we really want or need, not other clubs failed signings - we have enough of our own!!!. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

but I think one of the important things is that this deal is done in the 2021/22 football accounting year - and that deadline is 30th June 22, which is this Thursday. This together with a Bill and Levy dinner last night, and agreed personal terms being rumors this morning makes me feel the deal is fairly imminent. 

I’ve heard that about the accounting year but it’s crazy to me if it’s set up that way and not just “in the window”. Would put us in the position of having to accept whatever deal just to comply. It’s hard for me to imagine the league would be that short sighted to put a club in that position. 

3 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I’ve heard that about the accounting year but it’s crazy to me if it’s set up that way and not just “in the window”. Would put us in the position of having to accept whatever deal just to comply. It’s hard for me to imagine the league would be that short sighted to put a club in that position. 

The thing is it rolls over 3 years, so the club has kind of put itself in to this position. Things will not have help by our league position and minimal prize money etc and loss of sponsorship deals this past 6 months - tens of millions here and there that we may have missed out on at a time when we are sailing close to the wind anyhow - its just to a shit storm for us. It is a piss poor situation to be in - having to meet FFP over a rolling 3 years, but this is no new news to the club. Its Everton owners who have been incompetently short sighted as opposed to the league.  

The rest of the teams in the league are governed by the same system - but it seems only to be us who have fooked ourselves up with it, continually buying and paying shit players way more money than they are worth - its been a 5year production line. 

I imagine a decent sale or two, a season or two with a more modest wage bill (and projected wage bill), and say a mid table finish or two, then I think we are  back in the game. We have just got to get our heads down survive and build from bottom down over the next couple of years.

What we could really do with our very own £100M+ Grelish, Phil Foden or Declan Rice type of home grown player to give us a super boost financially that's a massive cash injection and within the FFP parameters.

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

The thing is it rolls over 3 years, so the club has kind of put itself in to this position. Things will not have help by our league position and minimal prize money etc and loss of sponsorship deals this past 6 months - tens of millions here and there that we may have missed out on at a time when we are sailing close to the wind anyhow - its just to a shit storm for us. It is a piss poor situation to be in - having to meet FFP over a rolling 3 years, but this is no new news to the club. Its Everton owners who have been incompetently short sighted as opposed to the league.  

The rest of the teams in the league are governed by the same system - but it seems only to be us who have fooked ourselves up with it, continually buying and paying shit players way more money than they are worth - its been a 5year production line. 

I imagine a decent sale or two, a season or two with a more modest wage bill (and projected wage bill), and say a mid table finish or two, then I think we are  back in the game. We have just got to get our heads down survive and build from bottom down over the next couple of years.

What we could really do with our very own £100M+ Grelish, Phil Foden or Declan Rice type of home grown player to give us a super boost financially that's a massive cash injection and within the FFP parameters.

I’ve heard people say if we don’t sell a player by month’s end there is a fine and possible points penalty. That’s the part I find difficult to believe. We’d theoretically have to take 10m for Richarlison just to get a decent sale in. That can’t be how this is set up. If it was surely we’d have already sold him.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

A bit different

This is about what I expected him to go for. I think he’s like a 60-70m player. Not surprised we’d get the lower end, given circumstances. It is possible in a better team he gets more out of his game and improves that 10%-20% in the final 1/3 that would make him a truly world class guy.

1 minute ago, SpartyBlue said:

This is about what I expected him to go for. I think he’s like a 60-70m player. Not surprised we’d get the lower end, given circumstances. It is possible in a better team he gets more out of his game and improves that 10%-20% in the final 1/3 that would make him a truly world class guy.

I'd sell him all day long for £60m, I think people were dreaming if they thought we could get much more than that for him. I've said for a very long time we should cash in on him and I won't be devastated to see him go, like others will be. I don't think he's that good a player ability-wise, so getting a big bid in like this is great.

The only worry about it now (if that fee is correct) is trusting the club to go out and spend that money well. That's what I'll be stressing about, not losing Richarlison. Do not go back to Tottenham with any of that money!

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd sell him all day long for £60m, I think people were dreaming if they thought we could get much more than that for him. I've said for a very long time we should cash in on him and I won't be devastated to see him go, like others will be. I don't think he's that good a player ability-wise, so getting a big bid in like this is great.

The only worry about it now (if that fee is correct) is trusting the club to go out and spend that money well. That's what I'll be stressing about, not losing Richarlison. Do not go back to Tottenham with any of that money!

As an attacker I do think he’s overrated a bit. He’s dangerous and direct but his end product in creating goals for himself or others isn’t as good as it should be. Perhaps in a better side with great attackers he will blossom but I do get your point.

What makes a 50m+ player is harder to see. He’s very responsible and effective defensively for a winger and he has a big heart. Despite the flaws in his game he’s gonna run through a wall for his team and give everything. That has a lot of appeal. He’s not a great player at this point, I agree, but he can be vary valuable to a club in terms of decent production, defensive contribution, versatility, spirit. 

He gave everything and was crucial to us staying up. Played with passion and desire (carrying an injury too) 

Disappointed to see him go, but can’t really say a bad word about him 

£60 million is a good price if true 

Only thing that dampens it for me is that we’re probably bringing Winks in off the back of it 🤦🏼

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m gutted to be honest, he still managed 10 goals and 5 assists in a team as shit as ours last season and that’s before you factor in his work rate. He will definitely be missed 

Obviously we will be bringing other players in but as it stands if you take Richarlison out of this side where are the goals going to come from?

£60M is about fair, and we have had some decent performances out of a player that has given his all for the club. There was talk of him going a couple of seasons from him and we managed to get a couple of extra seasons out of him. So fair do's to him, he has just got on with it and in all fairness we as a club have not grown and developed along side him - so don't blame him in this being the season he steps up to see if he cuts the mustard in a team who are actually challenging for silverware and playing in Europe. 

However, we need to remember we also paid very good money for a very young and raw Richarlison and believe 10% of any profit made goes to Watford. So the club can't pat themselves on the back to much. 

This does need to be the kind of model we employ at the club - buy good quality youngsters, give them first team football for 2,3 or 4 seasons and then not be afraid to move them on at a decent fee and invest in more quality youth. 

I am hoping a stronger and more experienced Gordon steps up next season with some more goals to his game to help fill the Richarlison void. I think Gordon's work rate is up there with Richy's. You feel this is also going be a big 6 months for Deli Alli in a Everton shirt.

I don't think you can argue too much with a deal like that if the headline figure is really true and the breakdown isn't much different.

When he does leave we will need two players to replace him though, back up striker and a wide player. I'm not sure how far that fee will go!