IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Saturday December 23rd

markjazzbassist

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

He was never really going to stay at Everton. I thought we saw him as a player that we could get for nothing, if it works out then great but most likely we can sell them for a profit.

Sandro will go back to Spain. We'll probably make a couple million profit on him and be happy with that.

He's only young, joined a team that capitulated for several months and had Koemans man-management "skills". There might well be a player there, but he needs to go elsewhere to find himself before being sold on

2 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Great minds

I'd be worried if you think I've got a great mind :P

Positives to be taken from that game.

Back 4 solid again, Martina putting in a good performance too.

Unfortunately though not registering a shot on target is appalling and needs to be addressed. We were really poor going forward today and need to step that up in future games.

5 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Absolutely. The way some of the fans have received Allardyce is mind boggling. We've been getting twatted week in week out for months and Allardyce is appointed, we are unbeaten under him and our defence is rock solid now.

In January we need to recruit smartly. We need a goal scorer and we need players who can make the distance between defence and attack, definitely a left sided, left footer midfielder and replace some of the ageing and injured players.

I was against him because I knew exactly what we'd get; a solid defence and boring, mindnumbing, anti-football. Which is exactly what we're getting. Of course I'm happier that we're not getting thrashed every week, but it's still fucking horrible to watch. Then again, I'm not one of the "win no matter what" crowd :)

6 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Simply put, the strikers aren't good enough.

It's not strikers only mate. We were playing super defensively with Calvert and Sandro upfront. The whole mid was in our penalty area. We need strong Strikers like Lukaku and Benteke to win the ball and hold it long enough for overlapping wingers and central midfielders, but we're slow as heck and our strikers were isolated all the time. Not much they can do against strong defense. 

Just now, Matt said:

I was against him because I knew exactly what we'd get; a solid defence and boring, mindnumbing, anti-football. Which is exactly what we're getting. Of course I'm happier that we're not getting thrashed every week, but it's still fucking horrible to watch. Then again, I'm not one of the "win no matter what" crowd :)

This. 100%. 

Also, Paul, you can put whatever striker you want at the top of this team. They’re still going to be isolated, frustrated, and (barring miraculous individual efforts) relatively unproductive. The quality of striker we have at the moment isn’t great, it’s true. But, our tactics are a much bigger problem. 

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Painful is 3 years ago when we got twatted 6-3 by them.

Or what the other month when we got twatted 5-2 by Arsenal? 3-0 Spurs? 5-1 Atalanta?

Pick your complaints carefully.

Shit. A 0-0 draw against the reigning champions? Decent result, albeit defensive. 

We rode our luck a bit and it could've ended 1-0 or 2-0 to them had they taken their (few) clear cut chances, but we could've very well nicked it 1-0.

11 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Yep that's the one.

They were talking on sky before the match about Sam possibly not being given much to spend in Jan. If we don't bring a striker in I'll be mortified and I'll be questioning the boards intentions. 

We shouldn't be buying in January we should be selling the players surplus to requirements, if you buy in January you pay through the nose for average players, were not in danger of going down so no panic buys required let's take our time do the homework and get the right players for the right money.

It's not like we are playing this way every game gents. We are picking our battles.

Instead of being twatted by Redshite and Chelsea, as is our norm, we've picked up 2 points.

Fair enough, we could do more in these games, and yes it's not pleasant to have 0 shots on target at home, but it's building blocks. Small steps.

I don't particularly enjoy it, but I understand the reasoning. And a draw is better than being twatted 4-0, 5-1, 3-0, 6-3, 5-2 etc...take your pick, we normally get them!!!

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

You really are nuts when it comes to Gana :lol:

Schneiderlin looked a much better player not having to babysit him. 

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

DCL will be fantastic support striker, but he's not got the instinct in front of goal. Sandro is the wrong partner for him based on today

Sandro kept drifting away to get a pass into towards the flanks. He shouldn't been coming closer to win the knock down from DCL, he can't expect Dominic to win the header and then go get the ball for him. Only let off would be it the the plan was for the midfield to be tighter to get the loose ball and then put it into Sandro. 

16 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Simply put, the strikers aren't good enough.

Don't see what more you could expect from DCL today. Midfield is the main issue.