IGNORED

At what point do we say we are contenders for a European spot?

Palfy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If we finish 7th and qualify for Europe it would be a travesty and a sad indictment of the current state of the EPL. I love playing in the Europa, but the idea of Walsh being vindicated and Allardyce staying makes me do a little bit of sick in my mouth. Also, we would need a massive summer to make us competitive in Europe next season, otherwise we could expect another shambolic embarrassment. 

But who knows? At home our results are top 7, away we look like side nailed on for relegation. It's been a crazy season and not by any stretch in a good way. 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I could never fathom out why any Evertonian would ever be against us qualifying for Europe but I now find myself wondering if I really want it this time around if it means we stick with Allardyce

I completely get where you coming from, it's like you felt you won but in reality you lost.

20 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Just wondering...if we had 10 teams who could win the league, would that make the league shite or competitive?

Was thinking the same thing. I much prefer seasons where a few results can lift you or drop you. More stressful for us, but can also be more exciting.

4 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Just wondering...if we had 10 teams who could win the league, would that make the league shite or competitive?

Shit...

In horse racing they say that if you think you have 4 or 5 really good horses it probably means that you have none. 

The fact that Man City are so far clear shows that they are really good whereas everyone else are varying shades of average through to shite!

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

The most Everton thing possible will happen.  All the teams Around us will continue to lose and we will get the odd draw and win and end up by default in 7th. Sam will proclaim Europa league and moshiri will think it shows progress and we’ll be stuck with him next year.

you just know it will happen

Not a chance.

If we make 7th its because we have performed better... points wise... than all the teams below us.

Im in the Newty camp. It would be crazy to not want Europe. 

Our stock has dropped significantly and we need anything to get it back up to attract players and managers. Or we need to just accept that Sam is our level.

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd be happy to get in the EL again but I just can't see us doing it. City and the shite will spank us and I can't see us drastically improving our away form with the manager we've got.

That’s more the issue. We’ve had the chance to really push our place recent weeks, but have failed miserably. Our home form is better points wise, but we still look like we’re lucky to get points there.