IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

Can't lay finishing 10th all on Brands. Now it's pretty clear that Carlo had lost interest after Christmas and wasn't motivating the players even when Europe was still in our sights. We've suffered players who weren't up for the fight and din't look bothered. Surely Brands is keen and trying to get rid of the dead wood and doesn't know who will be in the manager's seat (or does he?)

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

Can't lay finishing 10th all on Brands. Now it's pretty clear that Carlo had lost interest after Christmas and wasn't motivating the players even when Europe was still in our sights. We've suffered players who weren't up for the fight and din't look bothered. Surely Brands is keen and trying to get rid of the dead wood and doesn't know who will be in the manager's seat (or does he?)

Who are now the deadwood, most of the players used last season and a fair amount the season before where bought on his watch, this is my problem he’s guilty of adding deadwood. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Delph Bernard Iwobi for a start all equally as bad as any players brought into the club in the last 5 years, but on mega wages, Mina not because he’s a bad player, more because he was brought with an injury and couldn’t play for us for ages and the injuries have just continued, should have done his homework on him better when you consider what we paid and the size of his wages a woeful signing. 
If anyone else say Walsh was responsible for these signings there would be hell to pay, but because so many have hung their hats on this guy their not prepared to register his faults and mistakes, that’s fine everyone to their own, but the players I have mentioned in my opinion have added to the mess, so I feel justified in saying so whether it’s liked or not it’s happened. 

Delph hasn’t been expensive, it was a calculated risk I think most would have taken. Bernard was on a free, absolutely no issue with that signing. Iwobi didn’t seem like a bad player at Arsenal, it didn’t work out. Mina picking up injuries? How could be possibly expect that?

How do you know all of these players were picked by Brands and not players the manager has wanted and Brands has gone along with them? 

Not a single person has said Brands has made no mistakes. Don’t even know where you get that impression from. I just think everyone else is more realistic in how much needed to be done to fix the issues at the club, and accepts that mistakes will be made along the way. 

Are we pretending a different director of football or a different manager wouldn’t have made poor signings? Every manager and director of football will have made mistakes along the way. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Delph hasn’t been expensive, it was a calculated risk I think most would have taken. Bernard was on a free, absolutely no issue with that signing. Iwobi didn’t seem like a bad player at Arsenal, it didn’t work out. Mina picking up injuries? How could be possibly expect that?

It’s Delph 100k and Bernards 110K wages that hurt for no return, Mina has a history of injuries, and Iwobi hardly made the Arsenal team on a regular basis, but keep making excuses for his mistakes that’s your prerogative, and your final point is correct everyone will make mistakes, but the double standards mean some will be slaughtered for theirs and some will not get there’s mentioned. 

13 minutes ago, London Blue said:

So @Palfy, what would you consider Brands success and achievements?

Serious question. 

With just Everton or through his whole career?

23 minutes ago, London Blue said:

So @Palfy, what would you consider Brands success and achievements?

Serious question. 

Well that’s not hard to answer, there has been no success, you can only judge his success as DoF by the success of the team. His achievements as I see it are Doucoure and Godfrey, if he lost his job tomorrow I would always be grateful to him for Godfrey. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

So not excelling (certainly hasn't failed on his part of squad development, though its not perfect) means he hasn't succeeded? No, i don't see where Palfy is coming because its a part of his overall remit, a small part it seems. 

I think people forget the absolute circus he came in to. Moshiri came in and naively/arrogantly through money around thinking that would solve everything. Financially the books had probably never stronger, but he single handedly brought in Walsh who proposed and got the go ahead for some ridiculous transfers. The dickhead managers as well as poor ones, who weren't Brands choice so far as can be said for certain, who will undoubtedly shared their own transfer targets a so comprises have been made will also have delayed/altered his approach. 

Then there's his actual main job of organising the club, from youth devopment to scout network (which will take years if not a decade to see the benefits of), plus stadium development and EITC. 

But because a well meaning, overly enthusiastic billionaire threw some money around means that this 1 individual person is supposed deliver relatively instant success after decades of shite behind the scenes and in the squad within 3 years is somehow equal to him not being a success? I don't think some people understand how complex projects work, let alone basic concepts like time, sometimes. 

The clique are out on mass😂

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Matt do you live in some sort of clinically hygienic white cube that is blinding you from seeing what has happened over the last 3 years, I haven’t seen anyone say that they think we should have had instant success, but what has happened in those 3 years is a shed load of money spent a wages bill that is embarrassing with no improvement to show for it, but because Moshiri thinks he’s the bees knees we all have to, well not me mate as you rightly pointed out Moshiri didn’t have a scooby doo what he was doing when it came to hiring and running a football club, and for me that hasn’t changed, all the gear no idea. 

No, I just understand that the project he's been given is a decade long and judging after 3 years is stupid. 

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s Delph 100k and Bernards 110K wages that hurt for no return, Mina has a history of injuries, and Iwobi hardly made the Arsenal team on a regular basis, but keep making excuses for his mistakes that’s your prerogative, and your final point is correct everyone will make mistakes, but the double standards mean some will be slaughtered for theirs and some will not get there’s mentioned. 

With just Everton or through his whole career?

Iwobi had a great season for Arsenal before he signed for us. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well that’s not hard to answer, there has been no success, you can only judge his success as DoF by the success of the team. His achievements as I see it are Doucoure and Godfrey, if he lost his job tomorrow I would always be grateful to him for Godfrey. 

No success, apart from Godfrey and Doucouré who've been successes, makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The clique are out on mass😂

Mate I think it's more the sane rather than the clique, the clique has more important issues to address (we have a mole at the G7).

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Jesus I hope not, it’s alright for you youngsters but us older ones might not get to see it😂

But that's the whole point. It's easily a decade long project because of the utter shitstorm he inherited. It's not even "sort this shit out", he job is to "sort this shit out and get us a regular spot in the Champions League". Anyone who thinks a entire company restructure can go from scraping to survive every year and muddling along to regular competition with best in the world in 3 years needs to share whatever they're smoking in their fictional dreamland. 

48 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Played 35 PL games for Arsenal the season before we bought him, not sure where you get your stats from.

From the Beano, I looked at the season before not sure what year it is now with playing Euro 2020 in 2021. 

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’ve never been sure I was in the clique, but you are definitely in the clique!

Right now, I’m not in the clique, I’m in the bathroom. 

I’m not nice enough to be in any clique and even if I was invited I’d wipe my arse with that invite.

Look at you with airs and graces. You’re in the shitter, not the bathroom. 

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not nice enough to be in any clique and even if I was invited I’d wipe my arse with that invite.

Look at you with airs and graces. You’re in the shitter, not the bathroom. 

I’ve always thought you were lovely! 😂

Oh, I’m leaving that second paragraph for @MikeO

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

In terms of players, I would add Digne, Gomes, Richarlison, Alan, Mina James. All have come in and added quality to the squad. 

Iwobi and Delph are not successful signings but as others have said I see the logic in signing them.

I have to go but to be brief I think the success of Brands is we have not signed a load of toot like mediocrity no stars we signed under Koeman.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

In terms of players, I would add Digne, Gomes, Richarlison, Alan, Mina James. All have come in and added quality to the squad. 

Iwobi and Delph are not successful signings but as others have said I see the logic in signing them.

I have to go but to be brief I think the success of Brands is we have not signed a load of toot like mediocrity no stars we signed under Koeman.

I know you’re a copper London so telling porky’s is nothing new to you😉, but please James Richarlison Allan wouldn’t have been if not for the managers they followed. Serous question back to you mate, what do you feel is achievements and successes are since he joined us. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I know you’re a copper London so telling porky’s is nothing new to you😉, but please James Richarlison Allan wouldn’t have been if not for the managers they followed. Serous question back to you mate, what do you feel is achievements and successes are since he joined us. 

I agree that James, and Alan would not of come save for Carlo. But we paid so little for them given their talent and value, and that my friend is due to the skill and talent of Mr Brands.

I'm away at the mo so can't give full answer, but the fact we have not gone out and splashed more money on duds Moshiri in a sweet shop style. Got rid of the crap *mostly*, and got players in who can do a job. Plus I am sure he has put mechanisms in place to improve scouting and youth.

I would give him a B

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

The managers get the credit for making those signings but Brands gets the blame for the players not doing the business on the pitch?

I thought that noise I could hear was someone doing some gardening but now I realise it is that axe you are grinding!

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

I agree that James, and Alan would not of come save for Carlo. But we paid so little for them given their talent and value, and that my friend is due to the skill and talent of Mr Brands.

I'm away at the mo so can't give full answer, but the fact we have not gone out and splashed more money on duds Moshiri in a sweet shop style. Got rid of the crap *mostly*, and got players in who can do a job. Plus I am sure he has put mechanisms in place to improve scouting and youth.

I would give him a B

Have a nice break mate and we can catch up later 😎🍺🍷🤪