IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Don’t get that they both play upfront and are supposed to get goals, what has King done with his limited opportunities nothing, if he at least showed some effort he may have gotten more game time, by all accounts he hasn’t impressed in training, regardless of money even though Lingard has cost West Ham less who would you rather have in the team out of those 2. Now let’s not forget Brands is I believe the highest paid DoF in the league possibly Europe who knows even the world, he doesn’t go for Lingard he goes for King that riles me, if you’re suppose to be the best in your field and your wages endorse that then make better choices. 

Could've also been Man United wouldn't consider any option from a potential rival, which Wham weren't at the time. There's so many if, buts and maybes here it's pointless discussing 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

West Ham tried to sign King for £13m last October but Bournemouth wanted £18m and they also signed Benrahma for (up to) £30m, how's that gone for them? And I still can't find a reputable source that supports the idea that we paid £5m for King, TalkShite says we did but that's meaningless. As far as I know we paid a nominal fee and £5m ain't nominal in anyone's book.

Daily Express said 5-6 not that it matters, if it was just paying is wages it’s a waist, we only let Tosun go out on loan based on we could get King great business. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Daily Express said 5-6 not that it matters, if it was just paying is wages it’s a waist, we only let Tosun go out on loan based on we could get King great business. 

Not sure what his short size has to do with anything, but the wages are less than Tosun and he's done about as much so nothing to complain about there either 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure what his short size has to do with anything, but the wages are less than Tosun and he's done about as much so nothing to complain about there either 

Were still be paying the bigger percentage of Tosuns wages and they didn’t give us 5 million, like I say great business. 

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If you believe what you read in the Express then there's really no hope for you.

Edit: Actually let me rephrase, if you read the Express there's really no hope for you😂

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Don’t get that they both play upfront and are supposed to get goals, what has King done with his limited opportunities nothing, if he at least showed some effort he may have gotten more game time, by all accounts he hasn’t impressed in training, regardless of money even though Lingard has cost West Ham less who would you rather have in the team out of those 2. Now let’s not forget Brands is I believe the highest paid DoF in the league possibly Europe who knows even the world, he doesn’t go for Lingard he goes for King that riles me, if you’re suppose to be the best in your field and your wages endorse that then make better choices. 

They can both play to the left or right of a front three but that is where the similarities end, King can play through the middle as a CF , which is kind of the point, could you imagine throwing Lingard up top if DCL got injured?

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

If you believe what you read in the Express then there's really no hope for you.

Edit: Actually let me rephrase, if you read the Express there's really no hope for you😂

Saw it online, don’t buy any papers to be fair they only advocate the political views of their owners. 

37 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

They can both play to the left or right of a front three but that is where the similarities end, King can play through the middle as a CF , which is kind of the point, could you imagine throwing Lingard up top if DCL got injured?

He can play down the middle of a front 3 admittedly it wouldn’t be having long balls pumped up to him, it would be more like how the shite and City play. 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

ToffeeTalk would have gone into meltdown had we signed Lingard in January. Fair play to him - he’s done great at West Ham so far. Spoiler alert... the top 4 will be Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool...

I've always rated him.  I think I referred to him as Uniteds best outfield player a couple of years ago.

He has a great right peg on him. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

What's the difference between reading it online or a hard (toilet paper) copy?

I wouldn’t have read it if you hadn’t said that only mention of the 5 million paid for King was from talk sport, which made look to see if I could find others and that was one. It’s seems you wouldn’t believe it if any journalist said it, how did you get your nominal fee information and how do you know it was under that figure?

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

I wouldn’t have read it if you hadn’t said that only mention of the 5 million paid for King was from talk sport, which made look to see if I could find others and that was one. It’s seems you wouldn’t believe it if any journalist said it, how did you get your nominal fee information and how do you know it was under that figure?

From the official Everton website. I don't know what the actual amount was, nobody does because it wasn't officially announced so any jouro who says they know is guessing, nominal is defined as, "Trifling, token, or slight; not real or substantial" and £5m isn't that.

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

From the official Everton website. I don't know what the actual amount was, nobody does because it wasn't officially announced so any jouro who says they know is guessing, nominal is defined as, "Trifling, token, or slight; not real or substantial" and £5m isn't that.

We are back in business in time for today’s game which is strangely more important, TT is becoming to addictive   I may need therapy to get over it. 

On 11/04/2021 at 16:34, Palfy said:

If you would have seen us sign Lingard you’d have been just as fuming as the rest of us. No one expected this kind of form from him. No one!

But Lingard signing for West Ham is completely nothing to do with Brands. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

If you would have seen us sign Lingard you’d have been just as fuming as the rest of us. No one expected this kind of form from him. No one!

I actually don't understand why he's had such a tough press.  Very good footballer, I've always thought it but questioned his application and maturity. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I wouldn’t have been fuming, same as Arron Ramsey I would love to see him here, yet many are fuming that we would even consider him, but like Lingard he’s a proven player in the PL at the highest level. 
King is Brands doing and he can’t even cover DCL it would seem and that’s exactly what he was brought in for, another comedy signing from Brand’s. 

I like Brands and appreciate him at our club but this next window's work is massive. As much as players coming in he will be judged on who resigns and extends contracts.

I expect Carlo to pull some strings and get us maybe 1/2 marquee signing's that we would have never gotten near with out him. Brands needs to find probably 2/3 himself that can add much needed depth to the squad or even better first team additions. We are looking at a 80+ million net spend window required in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Btay said:

I like Brands and appreciate him at our club but this next window's work is massive. As much as players coming in he will be judged on who resigns and extends contracts.

I expect Carlo to pull some strings and get us maybe 1/2 marquee signing's that we would have never gotten near with out him. Brands needs to find probably 2/3 himself that can add much needed depth to the squad or even better first team additions. We are looking at a 80+ million net spend window required in my opinion.

I'd get shut of Mina, Kean and Richarlison to bring in a big wedge of money before Moshiri even has to put his hand in his pocket. Mina's a liability and injury-prone. Kean doesn't want to be here and will bring in good money. Richarlison scores and works hard but he's such a limited footballer. I'd caveat the selling of Richarlison with us only doing it if we can get big, big money for him.

Fuck the idea of giving Sigurdsson an extension. Send Olsen back where he came from. King won't be here next season. Walcott won't be here either.

This squad needs a lot of work and we need to bring in young, hungry and pacy players. Supplement it with one or two experienced heads, but the onus must be on those three factors mentioned because we look a very slow and tired team. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd get shut of Mina, Kean and Richarlison to bring in a big wedge of money before Moshiri even has to put his hand in his pocket. Mina's a liability and injury-prone. Kean doesn't want to be here and will bring in good money. Richarlison scores and works hard but he's such a limited footballer. I'd caveat the selling of Richarlison with us only doing it if we can get big, big money for him.

Fuck the idea of giving Sigurdsson an extension. Send Olsen back where he came from. King won't be here next season. Walcott won't be here either.

This squad needs a lot of work and we need to bring in young, hungry and pacy players. Supplement it with one or two experienced heads, but the onus must be on those three factors mentioned because we look a very slow and tired team. 

I agree with all of that apart from Richarlison. But massive summer ahead. 

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Then hope they stay fit and don't keep ending up in the treatment room as has been happening to many this season.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Recruitment hasn’t been great since he’s been here. We heard so much about him.

Yet here we are with no back up striker. No right mid. No creativity when James isn't on the pitch. 

It’s time for brands to earn his salary. We are looking like we haven’t moved on from where we were 18 months ago.

I was high on brands when he came for the value buying he was known for.  Since that time all the seemingly good buys have been because of the managers.  Richarlison and Silva, allan and James and Carlo.  Those are really the “big” signings we’ve made.  Digne and Gomes I would say are par for their value, both have been up and down.  Doucoure the same.  There are some misses (Mina, gbamin) but every DOF has those.

what I’m trying to say is I don’t think he’s putting a stamp or mark on this squad or value or anything, he’s just facilitating the managers wishes, which in that case I’d say aim higher find a former Carlo colleague with better pedigree and better agent/team connections.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Recruitment hasn’t been great since he’s been here. We heard so much about him.

Yet here we are with no back up striker. No right mid. No creativity when James isn't on the pitch. 

It’s time for brands to earn his salary. We are looking like we haven’t moved on from where we were 18 months ago.

End of next season he would have been here 3 years and Ancelotti 2.5 years, I hope we aren’t at the end of next season having these same conversations we need to have shown real improvement with signings that give improvement, it’s fair to say that Brand’s has been very hit and miss with his acquisitions to date. And I would go as far to say the 2 or 3 that have met the mark we are looking for haven’t really been his picks, they have been introduced by the managers. 

The main part of Brands’ job has been getting players out the door up to now. We signed too many ‘duds’ during Walsh’s reign - expensive ones too and there was no clear strategy. I think we are in the early stages of a whole club strategy where younger players are getting opportunities in the u23s and it’s not just about winning a ‘pointless’ league - I hope our loaning out of players can improve though. I think we are negotiating transfers better - the Gylfi saga is probably the best example - Swansea took us and our new found wealth to the cleaners! With the big wages off the books this summer e.g Walcott, Bolasie, Besic and potential income from Kenny, Bernard, Kean - I think there will be more flexibility for Brands to do what he’s earned such a good reputation for doing. Raphina cost Leeds £17m last summer, Coufal cost West Ham £5m - there’s value! I’d love another Rodriguez type signing but with the huge wages that type of signing needs, we need more of these well scouted ‘rough diamonds’ on much lower wages too.