IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Leaving us hanging a bit there Palf!

I did didn’t I so much going on in my little world at the moment don’t know whether I’m coming or going, was I going to say. 

1) Now they have a DoF who is doing a good job. 

2) Now they have a DoF who is doing just as poor a job as Walsh was accused of 

3) Now they have a DoF that through promotions they have effectively placed a gagging order on, and he is carrying out the owners wishes whether he agrees with them or not.  

And just to give you a 50/50 chance of getting it right I’ll tell you all it isn’t No 1 😄

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You are so Supreme boys, post it Mike love a bit of Motown  Just looked that was recorded in 66 the year I started being an Everton supporter 😊

I'm far too young to remember the original version (:unsure:), was thinking of this...

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I saw her at Wembley she was the support for Michael Jackson’s Bad tour. 

Can trump that, she was born the same year as me (us?), 1960, and my dad was mates with her dad. Apparently we played together as kids, though I have no memory of it sadly.

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Can trump that, she was born the same year as me (us?), 1960, and my dad was mates with her dad. Apparently we played together as kids, though I have no memory of it sadly.

Just think mate you may have played kiss chase with Kim Wilde and you can’t remember it, they’ve always came across as a very down to earth family in interviews. 

He’s a waste of space isn’t he? Even if you’re generous with the instability and managers of different standings and strategies that have come and gone, we might have expected him to sort out the youth set up a bit and bring some players through. On the plus side he always looks like he’s in an advert for Burton’s Menswear, so that’s something.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think it must go down as one of Brand's biggest failings if we don't go into the new season without a new first choice right back. It will be an even bigger failing if we don't get one this window.

It's likely going to be Buta, and I think he's being viewed as our first choice right back

• 1 month later...

There is a story circulating that Brand’s and Rafa aren’t seeing eye to eye, to some extent I could see this coming Rafa is very much his own man when it comes to how and what he wants, and won’t be listening to a suit sat behind a desk. If this was to escalate into a full blown war of attrition there will only be one winner in my opinion, and it won’t be Brand’s Usmanov will see to that Rafa is his man and so far proving to be the right man. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

There is a story circulating that Brand’s and Rafa aren’t seeing eye to eye, to some extent I could see this coming Rafa is very much his own man when it comes to how and what he wants, and won’t be listening to a suit sat behind a desk. If this was to escalate into a full blown war of attrition there will only be one winner in my opinion, and it won’t be Brand’s Usmanov will see to that Rafa is his man and so far proving to be the right man. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 

Hang on... Rafa is now Usmonovs man?

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's easy but it was was easy for me to look too. Just came across a little aggressive so I responded to wind you up a little. Glad you took it as such :)

Mate I love the banter but sometimes the written word can’t portray the emotions of the spoken word, but I try to see the funny side first where possible, for me being able to take the mick out of someone and for them to take it and respond in a similar fashion gives me a warm and calming feeling we all need a laugh, now stop taking the piss 😂

5 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Nope.

You don't think maybe it has to do with Walsh's abhorrent signings that we're in this mess? Klaassen, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Tosun, Walcott. So much money spent on utter dross, has put us in the financial shit-house that we're in.

We're reaping what we sowed from the Walsh era. Brands has brought us Digne, Richarlison, Godfrey, Doucoure, Allan, Mina, and gave us one memorable season with James.

He knows what he's doing, I just fear that his relationship with Rafa might sour, as Rafa loves to have more control.

Very easy to blame Walsh but Brands has had 3 years now and we are no better than we were under Walsh and now have such a ridiculously small squad that couple of injuries and we are done. 

2 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Very easy to blame Walsh but Brands has had 3 years now and we are no better than we were under Walsh and now have such a ridiculously small squad that couple of injuries and we are done. 

No wants to buy the dross Walsh brought in.  Have to wait until their contracts run out.  Nothing Brands can do about that.

1 hour ago, BedfordBlue said:

Is there anything about Everton that you like? 
You only ever post about things that you don’t like. Just curious. 

Even miserable bastards like Palfy see a silver lining sometimes. 😂

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Is there anything about Everton that you like? 
You only ever post about things that you don’t like. Just curious. 

Even miserable bastards like Palfy see a silver lining sometimes. 😂

There's not much to like at the moment that goes for Everton and football in general. Just don't get how we can't spend anything because of financial fair play but others seem to be able to spend whatever ever they want