IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

9 minutes ago, Btay said:

I think its awesome mate. I just really hope they have a lighting effect to really ramp up the atmosphere. Lights go off, royal blue trim lightings light the stair cases and the top of the roofs, then the siren sounds. Would be electric

I'm really just not feeling it 😕. I was all for the lattice pattern to be incorporated but it looks up just be impeding the viewing window at 0:37. Stadium as a whole looks like a box with a shiny tin roof. For all the efforts they've put in it seems a little underwhelming. 

16 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'm really just not feeling it 😕. I was all for the lattice pattern to be incorporated but it looks up just be impeding the viewing window at 0:37. Stadium as a whole looks like a box with a shiny tin roof. For all the efforts they've put in it seems a little underwhelming. 

I think it’s a fantastic blend of historical brickwork that meets modern design. 

5 hours ago, Btay said:

I think it’s a fantastic blend of historical brickwork that meets modern design. 

This. I was really not a fan initially but the more I’ve seen and more I’ve read about how we’ve tweaked things I’ve accepted it more and now quite like it. Also looks now like the roof will sit lower which makes it look much better. 

Pretty sure the stadium had to be rotated because of design no? I’m sure there was something that forced the rotation...

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

After watching this I felt the stadium is the wrong way round, that goal-end facing the river would look better. Also fan dispersal will be a nightmare with a big stand all having to come right round the stadium.

Not blown away by the stadium either. Got the main thing right though, stands look intimate to the pitch which is the main thing I'd want from the new stadium.

By that logic the Principality (Millenium) Stadium would have the same problem only a whole lot worse because it butts right up to the River Taff, but it doesn't. I've sat in that stand with the place filled to capacity and getting out was easy, there will be far more space at BMD so a non-issue for me, not to mention the fact that the Principality has a 20,000 bigger capacity.

10 hours ago, pete0 said:

After watching this I felt the stadium is the wrong way round, that goal-end facing the river would look better. Also fan dispersal will be a nightmare with a big stand all having to come right round the stadium.

Not blown away by the stadium either. Got the main thing right though, stands look intimate to the pitch which is the main thing I'd want from the new stadium.

Dan Meis mentioned the reasons for putting the stadium that way, I don’t remember exactly what he said but I’m sure there were factors like the wind, the construction plan, the preservation of the dock wall and a few other things. 

Personally I love it. I can’t find many things I don’t like to be honest. 

I would like to see a multi storey car park near by, owned by the club, with spaces sold as a season ticket add on, but the stadium itself, I love it. Some of the details are great. 
I love that you can walk all the way around inside, I have family who currently sit near me in the Bullens, but I’m in Gwladys. I can see them from my seat but I can’t go and have a chat in the concourse at half time. Little things like that can make a difference to the experience. 

Loving how the concourses look in the new video too. All the brick work and glass, lots of bars. Can’t wait!

On 17/02/2016 at 12:32, StevO said:

3. car park, on site with season tickets. I've banged on about this plenty of times too. if you have a car park at the ground, sell the space as a season ticket. £150 to park at the ground for a season, if four of you go the game it becomes affordable. you'd never fit everyone in anyway, so make something good from what you have.

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

I would like to see a multi storey car park near by, owned by the club, with spaces sold as a season ticket add on...

You and that bloody car park, you're as bad as JB banging on about trains😂

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

You and that bloody car park, you're as bad as JB banging on about trains😂

I’m a lazy get Mike. I’d park next to the turnstile if they’d let me. 

I have a spot I’ve parked in for years, just off Queens Drive. But maybe two or three times each season someone else is there when I arrive. I swear, we lose every time I’m not in that parking spot. I need a parking space!!

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

To @StevO point it is also an excellent upsell for the club.  In America it’s a standard package you get the season ticket and then you buy the parking spot additionally.  Easy money for the club.

I never really thought about this but it is a good idea, having a set parking space is something that I'd purchase and I'm sure others would too, a nice little upsell as you say.

At the moment I park outside the ground, £10-£15 which I'd rather put into the club than an independent operator. 

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I never really thought about this but it is a good idea, having a set parking space is something that I'd purchase and I'm sure others would too, a nice little upsell as you say.

At the moment I park outside the ground, £10-£15 which I'd rather put into the club than an independent operator. 

Exactly, good upsell. 
Id be willing to pay £150 per season to park safely. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m a lazy get Mike. I’d park next to the turnstile if they’d let me. 

I have a spot I’ve parked in for years, just off Queens Drive. But maybe two or three times each season someone else is there when I arrive. I swear, we lose every time I’m not in that parking spot. I need a parking space!!

What if you had a space and we lost the first home game, we would have to kill you, and feed you to the fish in the Mersey !

2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

If anyone has the staying power to watch that, they deserve a medal for blue loyalty!

I skimmed through it for maybe forty minutes and watched the voting happen, our team were ultra-professional and the councillors were highly impressed by them and the plans (but we knew that anyway:)). I'd have watched it live if I'd known it was available, but no point watching the whole game when you know the result is there?

On 03/03/2021 at 11:00, MikeO said:

I skimmed through it for maybe forty minutes and watched the voting happen, our team were ultra-professional and the councillors were highly impressed by them and the plans (but we knew that anyway:)). I'd have watched it live if I'd known it was available, but no point watching the whole game when you know the result is there?

LCC need to produce a MOTD style highlights package. Saying that maybe not as if it was similar to MOTD we’d probably get 2 mins at the end devoted to us. 

• 2 weeks later...