IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Sunday October 28th

markjazzbassist

The basic passing by too many players is still not good enough.

Don’t want either Bernard or Walcott to start next week.  Bernard missed making yet another obvious pass for sure goal, and Walcott is unwilling to work hard enough.

Fair score would probably have been  3-3, as Pickford made good saves, while we missed 3-4 solid opportunities by poor, poor decisions.

Thought Gomes, Pickford, Sigurdsson, Lookman, Zouma, Digne played well.

Happy we made it a match late on, but too many opponents still see Everton as team that will make poor decisions and basic blunders.  And they’re right.

They got away with it there ... 

We aren't far from a good side. Walcott needs benching. McCarthy coming back in to give gueye cover for the yellows - if he gets one we are limited in our bite. 

Mourinho made an awful choice bringing Rom on. They lost that zip up front. Our defenders were just walking past him with the ball. 

That said we do need a striker. Richarlison is best out wide for now.  Cenk will do but the next level means a better version of him. 

Happy overall. 

Bollocks. No surprise a shit refereeing decision cost us at Old Trafford. Still don't think we played anything like well enough until the subs, Walcott has to be benched, need more from Sigurdsson and Bernard, Richarlison is better out wide imo. 

Just hope these cunts miss out on Europe, they were there to be beaten today. 

1 minute ago, Elston Gunnn said:

The basic passing by too many players is still not good enough.

Don’t want either Bernard or Walcott to start next week.  Bernard missed making yet another obvious pass for sure goal, and Walcott is unwilling to work hard enough.

Fair score would probably have been  3-3, as Pickford made good saves, while we missed 3-4 solid opportunities by poor, poor decisions.

Thought Gomes, Pickford, Sigurdsson, Lookman, Zouma, Digne played well.

Happy we made it a match late on, but too many opponents still see Everton as team that will make poor decisions and basic blunders.  And they’re right.

That bottom paragraph hits the nail on the head. 

It is frustrating because there are ideas and quality in the side. But to beat the big clubs away from home, we can't make stupid mistakes. And we made one or two mistakes this afternoon that cost us. (Walcott not getting back to cover on the second goal and Bernard not finishing his chance are the obvious ones.)

ref changed the game for the worse for us.  we couldn't recover until too late.  

walcott needs dropped immedately, half assed jogging when on the defensive end and just doesn't do enough.  coleman needs a little more time to get back to better but he's naive if he doesn't think someone will be bought in january or summer to replace/fight for his spot.  

pickford, richarlison, gyfli all gave their hearts out there, gomes getting better every match.

24 minutes ago, hafnia said:

They got away with it there ... 

We aren't far from a good side. Walcott needs benching. McCarthy coming back in to give gueye cover for the yellows - if he gets one we are limited in our bite. 

Mourinho made an awful choice bringing Rom on. They lost that zip up front. Our defenders were just walking past him with the ball. 

That said we do need a striker. Richarlison is best out wide for now.  Cenk will do but the next level means a better version of him. 

Happy overall. 

Can you make one post without mentioning Rom or is it an addiction? 

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

After watching a few times after the game I don’t think it was as blatant as I did, but I still think it was a penalty. 

Gana touched the ball (possibly) out of his reach so he took a Tom Daley with a 6.3 degree of difficulty when they brushed thighs; if he'd had stood up he might have caught the ball on the by-line and been able to cut it back. If that was a foul then Smalling should be on death row for his tackle.

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

After watching a few times after the game I don’t think it was as blatant as I did, but I still think it was a penalty. 

Very surprised you still think it is. If that's a penalty then football has become a non contact sport. He stayed on his feet, he won the ball first, he posed no threat of injury to the opponent whatsoever. It was a perfectly legitimate tackle. 

Pen no pen its gone, in fairness to the ref from his his position it looked nailed on, its only when viewed 6 times from all angles you can see its not.

Wallcot needs to have a long sit down on the bench, his lack of interest in defending and helping the team is outrageous, his passing is dire as is his crossing.

I think silva has to answer for not taking gaye off after his final warning just before half time when the captain was also told, was naive, because all the second half 

he could not tackle anyone and was totally ineffective, Tom D could have come on and made a telling difference.

Richarlison is a great prospect, but has to stop trying to score from impossible angles get his head up and make better decisions, and he has got to stop this bambi on ice routine, and i dont mean the penalty.

every time some ones close to him, thats not in our DNA i dont care who else does it.     

Edited by seve

Only saw the first-half but we had two free headers which went straight at the keeper.  Players should know where the corners of the goals are.  On another occasion we had possession just outside Man U's penalty area and three passes later it went back to Pickford.  Must have been watching England.

4 hours ago, nogs said:

Sorry Bailey but I can't agree with that. There is clear contact with the ball before there's contact with the man. It's not like he's gone in hard so there's no argument about it being out of control or dangerous, it's a little toe poke away. It's a fair tackle, it has always been a fair tackle in the rules of the game, it's a very poor decision from a ref who was in no position to give it. 

Can’t believe your even having to explain this. 

48 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

If Gana's challenge was a penalty then what the hell was Ashley Young's  challenge on Lucas Digne?

Surely that was a red card, match abandoned and Young given a lifetime suspension.

It was just one of a great many incidents involving John "Wide Boy" Moss in the game.

He's a shit ref but don't think you can blame him for the pen. Players legs are blocking his view of the ball, if the ref is watching the legs he'd be waiting for Gana to go in with his right foot and paying less attention to the left so when Gana stabs the ball the ref would have lost a split second focusing else where. Plus the touch Gana gets on it doesn't get enough of the ball to shift its direction enough to put doubt in the refs head. Most refs would probably give the pen, more so with it being for a top 6. 

I hate refs and don't think Gana should be a footballer, but yesterday is what it is. We were unlucky.