IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

Good money for a player that most of us seem happy to see go. Not many in the fan base will be up in arms about selling him in this window, so club right to cash in. As long as other players are brought in. 

As nothing on our books for him, it significantly improves any kitty in the FFP minefield we seem to be in. 

Whatever the fans think I’m sure us selling Gordon will not help us to look attractive to potential signings.

We’ve just had an example with Danjuma about how attractive we are!

So it’s not going to be as simple as get a wedge of money in for him and then we go and spend it and improve. There’s every chance we actually come out of it all weaker and would anyone even be surprised by that? Because I wouldn’t be.

This is not me saying don’t sell him, but we are that fucked at the minute that I don’t have a positive feeling about anything.

What a shit show we are. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Whatever the fans think I’m sure us selling Gordon will not help us to look attractive to potential signings.

We’ve just had an example with Danjuma about how attractive we are!

So it’s not going to be as simple as get a wedge of money in for him and then we go and spend it and improve. There’s every chance we actually come out of it all weaker and would anyone even be surprised by that? Because I wouldn’t be.

This is not me saying don’t sell him, but we are that fucked at the minute that I don’t have a positive feeling about anything.

What a shit show we are. 

I think we should be selling the likes of Gordon, Onana, DCL, Pickford, and any other player on big wages who doesn't want to be here, if we could get 120 plus million in this window and summer then do so. I wouldn't be spending any now on knee jerk reactions to try and buy our way out of trouble we would more than likely just waste it and go down regardless and poor, we need to concentrate on getting an experienced manager who knows how to build a team and has what it takes to get us back to the top flight, and let him have a healthy budget to achieve his task. I wouldn't be looking to sell, Gray, Holgate, Davies, Patterson, Mykolenko, Keane, Godfrey, and Tarkowski I think they would all shine in the Championship, but the rest can go and and generate us a huge budget to rebuild whilst slashing the wage bill. 

11 minutes ago, RPG said:

For footballing reasons, I agree with you but I think this is more about Moshiri asset stripping the club before he sells it.

Now I don't see it that way Moshiri is looking to sell for 500 million which by all accounts allows him to break even, the new buyers then get the club and the stadium with all assets in tact. 
I Moshiri try's stripping the assets of a couple of hundred million on the sale's of the better players then he won't get the buyer he craves for any where near the price he needs to break even.

I'll tell you what, it's going to be horrible seeing him absolutely flourish at the barcodes.

This comes from someone that hasn't even been all that enamoured with him, but I just think that environment will be great for him and the £60m that we weren't offered last summer will look like small change.

I don't wish him luck because I rarely, if ever do, when a player leaves.

25 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2023/01/25/report-forest-get-boost-over-newcastle-man-allan-saint-maximin/

Add ASM on loan to the end of the season as part of the Gordon deal please.

I know I'm probably in a very small minority of 1 but I just don't rate him. He's a runner but he goes nowhere a lot and then loses the ball - just head down and go.

I suppose that could get us up the pitch but I can see it pissing me off how often he'll lose the ball. And he wouldn't come cheap at all - you'd be paying them back what they've just given us.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know I'm probably in a very small minority of 1 but I just don't rate him. He's a runner but he goes nowhere a lot and then loses the ball - just head down and go.

I suppose that could get us up the pitch but I can see it pissing me off how often he'll lose the ball. And he wouldn't come cheap at all - you'd be paying them back what they've just given us.

Oh, I agree with you - he would not be a player I would want the club to blow a transfer budget on and bring him in as permanent transfer. However, on loan for the remainder of this as season as part of a Gordon sweetener I would have him available to squad all day long. 

We only need enough points to stay in the Premiership, rather than being a consistent team winning most game to get in to Europe etc. A player who can make a difference on any given day - we don't really have any of these types. Gray maybe.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'll tell you what, it's going to be horrible seeing him absolutely flourish at the barcodes.

This comes from someone that hasn't even been all that enamoured with him, but I just think that environment will be great for him and the £60m that we weren't offered last summer will look like small change.

I don't wish him luck because I rarely, if ever do, when a player leaves.

It would be Everton for him to be the player we thought he would be.   The reality is - he’s a bad egg and I think it will stop him achieving what his athleticism should.

it’s not about point scoring but I said back in august that his demeanour and attitude was a concern.  I was met with the “oh haf not liking players having their identities etc”…..

no, I don’t like players who start acting like they are appearing on a reality programme. Even players distracted by positive things like rashford takes their edge away. 

our club has been littered with glamour boys, whether it’s dcl,  Davies, Barkley, Gordon, Alli, ….. the pre season interviews in the USA were embarrassing. Players more arsed about fashion and social status and being one of the lads…. Gordon going on about being number 10, and whether he’s quicker than Godfrey.

one way or another, he’s not for us. 

THIS SALE NEEDS WRAPPING UP ASAP. As our targets will differ depending on him going or not and out incoming manager needs to know their budget etc. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I don't think he is a great player but play to his strengths and he will be a damn site better than he has showed.

Bielsa will get a far better tune out of him than Lampard has.

The cheeky sod made a post on instagram giving lampard and his staff commiserations and thanks… he certainly never played for them. 

Shame he’s leaving as we all have that romantic view of a ‘local boy done good’ , and although all of our stats are pretty shocking, his are hardly standout. 
50/50 whether he turns into a consistent good player for me. I suspect he’ll be an ok player, maybe a handful of international caps at best. . Think Barkley was far better technically at same age for instance and look what happened to him.

1 hour ago, Fosse Captain said:

Shame he’s leaving as we all have that romantic view of a ‘local boy done good’ , and although all of our stats are pretty shocking, his are hardly standout. 
50/50 whether he turns into a consistent good player for me. I suspect he’ll be an ok player, maybe a handful of international caps at best. . Think Barkley was far better technically at same age for instance and look what happened to him.

Barkley needed a coach to help guide him, so much talent without a plan of what to do on the pitch. The right manager could have turned him into something really special. Throw in the hassle he couldn’t keep out of in town (not just the one when he turned up with a black eye) and leaving the city was good for him. But has gone down as a waste of such a good talent, the biggest talent since Rooney at Everton in my opinion. 

Gordon’s two biggest assets are his pace and his work rate. Really needs to cut out the petulant fouls he does way too often too. He still needs to add a lot more to his game, but Howe is a very good coach. His biggest problem will be that if they buy him for all that money he will be expected to play most weeks. And I don’t see him as any better than the headless chicken ASM at the moment. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Barkley needed a coach to help guide him, so much talent without a plan of what to do on the pitch. The right manager could have turned him into something really special. Throw in the hassle he couldn’t keep out of in town (not just the one when he turned up with a black eye) and leaving the city was good for him. But has gone down as a waste of such a good talent, the biggest talent since Rooney at Everton in my opinion. 

Gordon’s two biggest assets are his pace and his work rate. Really needs to cut out the petulant fouls he does way too often too. He still needs to add a lot more to his game, but Howe is a very good coach. His biggest problem will be that if they buy him for all that money he will be expected to play most weeks. And I don’t see him as any better than the headless chicken ASM at the moment. 

Agreed. 
I thought Barkley could’ve been a star. Non-football factors played a massive part and it went downhill.
Exciting talent that was wasted. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Totally agree.