IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

27 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

How different the season would have been if we’d sold Gordon to Chelsea and spent big on a striker. 

Wasn't it stated that Lampard wanted to keep him to build a team around him? (Maybe not exactly around him, but as a key component).

Rhetorical question... Couldn't give a rat's arse about the answer now. 

Obviously not Everton material, if he thinks downing tools and dropping down a level (clubwise) to Newcastle is the right thing to do, good luck to him 👍. Haha! See ya! Say hi to Dan Gosling.

Really though, it's a shame. I thought after last season he was really gonna push on. But I can't have respect for someone who gets paid a week what many earn in a year, yet can't even turn up for a couple hours of training. 👋👋👋

28 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

He may go on to prove us wrong and be worth it and more, but given what we've seen from him so far this is an excellent piece of business. 

I mean this is the reality of it isn't it. As a club we are on the brink of disaster. We have a £40m asset that can be sold to potentially save our season. £40m sat on the bench wanting away from the club. It's a no brainer that we get him sold on, along with anyone else who doesn't want to stay for the fight for that matter. But we have to replace them all (plus a few additions) with recruits who want to put everything on the line to fight for survival for this club...

...in 4 days 😅

40 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

All confirmed now. Good deal for us.

Best of luck to him. Hopefully gets some better personal advice and doesn't go the full knob head route in the future.

I don’t wish him any luck at all. He’s got a contract that will see him set for life, hope his career bombs the little gobshite. 

not turning up for training on the day when baines was taking the sessions, telling the club he won’t play for them again…, scummy. 

14 minutes ago, StevO said:

Don’t see him getting in the Newcastle team. Good luck for making the best of his career. 

He refused to play for us again and made a difficult negotiation situation by putting the cards in Newcastle’s favour by letting them know we had to sell. 

yes we got a good deal but no thanks to his antics.  21 and refusing to play for his club and not turn up to train….. awful. 

47 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He refused to play for us again and made a difficult negotiation situation by putting the cards in Newcastle’s favour by letting them know we had to sell. 

yes we got a good deal but no thanks to his antics.  21 and refusing to play for his club and not turn up to train….. awful. 

I don’t believe he refused to play for us. But each to their own, I guess. 

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t believe he refused to play for us. But each to their own, I guess. 

Well if you know that he didn’t turn up for training for 3 days and ended this by handing in a transfer request, it’s not difficult to believe is it. The first bit alone is disgraceful. 

I mean yeah, we have a club that peddles bullshit to the press so anything is possible but this information was available to 3rd parties in the know. 

fact is, the prick was trying to get moved in the summer with his pathetic call me celebrations. Started liking posts by Chelsea players , then started liking Newcastle rumours about him…. He downed tools when the window closed and I called it at the time. His effort levels dropped massively 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Well if you know that he didn’t turn up for training for 3 days and ended this by handing in a transfer request, it’s not difficult to believe is it. The first bit alone is disgraceful. 

I mean yeah, we have a club that peddles bullshit to the press so anything is possible but this information was available to 3rd parties in the know. 

fact is, the prick was trying to get moved in the summer with his pathetic call me celebrations. Started liking posts by Chelsea players , then started liking Newcastle rumours about him…. He downed tools when the window closed and I called it at the time. His effort levels dropped massively 

I believe that of the three days the first was agreed. The second two he didn’t turn up. That I believe. That’s not turning up for training, that isn’t refusing to play. 

If you watch enough of the clubs own social media you would have seen him talk about the call me goal celebration, amongst other celebrations, and know there is nothing in it. 

There is a story in anything if you want there to be one. I’m happy he’s gone, and I think we’ve got great money for him. It doesn’t have to be an angry parting of ways. That’s too much hassle and anger for anyone. Unless you want it to be like that. 

8 hours ago, StevO said:

I believe that of the three days the first was agreed. The second two he didn’t turn up. That I believe. That’s not turning up for training, that isn’t refusing to play. 

If you watch enough of the clubs own social media you would have seen him talk about the call me goal celebration, amongst other celebrations, and know there is nothing in it. 

There is a story in anything if you want there to be one. I’m happy he’s gone, and I think we’ve got great money for him. It doesn’t have to be an angry parting of ways. That’s too much hassle and anger for anyone. Unless you want it to be like that. 

For me he’s just another Jeffers or Barkley. He won’t have “young lad let’s give him time”.

He’s an expensive outlay for a club whose fans werent too enamoured with him to start with and are now trying to find reasons to be optimistic about his signing.  The first sign of attitude from him, petulant fouls and bookings and he will be needing to put his big boy pants on, cos they won’t tolerate it. 

"Since I heard of the interest, I was always convinced Newcastle were for me. People haven't seen what I'm capable of yet," Gordon told NUFC TV.

"I think the fan base and the city really suits me as a person, the way the team are playing under the gaffer really suits me, and the club just look like they're heading in the right direction.

"I feel like it's a really big step. I think under the gaffer, and the way the club's going, I can really excel here."

Tosser.

7 minutes ago, KinL said:

"Since I heard of the interest, I was always convinced Newcastle were for me. People haven't seen what I'm capable of yet," Gordon told NUFC TV.

"I think the fan base and the city really suits me as a person, the way the team are playing under the gaffer really suits me, and the club just look like they're heading in the right direction.

"I feel like it's a really big step. I think under the gaffer, and the way the club's going, I can really excel here."

Tosser.

Sounds about right to be honest!

Was just about to post this….

everything about the lad after he came back from summer hols stunk. A few of us pointed things out that indicated he thought he was big time. 

this lad is a prick of the highest order, he believes he’s above the law. How arrogant can you be? Not our problem indeed, I see a similar trajectory to dele Alli, pennant, David Bentley…. What a prick. 

hope he doesn’t do any time cos it will likely sharpen him up and maybe make him realise his potential. As it stands, the bell end looks like he’s above being spoken to.