IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Joking aside it seems a good deal for us but leaves us ridiculously short of options 

You can only imagine we have at least one incoming sorted but then I didn’t think we would start the season without a CF

Knowing that we need pace it'll probably be Robbie Brady first through the door.

13 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

They have just announced on local radio as breaking news that a deal now agreed with Newcastle £40m rising to £45m

A bit short of the summer price but still a staggering amount for a player who’s done not very much this season let alone his career. 
The ‘English’ player premium is alive and well. 
I was originally a bit pissed at him leaving, but after his behaviour (as we’re led to believe) he can get fucked 

4 minutes ago, Fosse Captain said:

A bit short of the summer price but still a staggering amount for a player who’s done not very much this season let alone his career. 
The ‘English’ player premium is alive and well. 
I was originally a bit pissed at him leaving, but after his behaviour (as we’re led to believe) he can get fucked 

It's not though. It's probably around what Chelsea offered but a lot more up front.

7 minutes ago, Fosse Captain said:

Ah my bad. 
I thought we were pushing for 60. 
Either way. great price for not a great player 

I think maybe the £60M figure banded around may have been what we said we want for him, but where never going to get. 

If we'd have paid £45M for Gordan this window, we would all be doing our nut. So getting £40M straight away with £5M add-on is a great deal for us. Yes, he does have potential, but they are paying top dollar for it.

Would be nice to be saying good luck to the lad (as we all did with Richy), but I will have a wry smile if it all goes the way of Jeffers, Rodwell or Barkley. 

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

Seems Newcastle are trying to move on Saint Maximim (spelling). I’d take him. He’s a headless chicken, but he makes things happen and can beat a man. 

I would have him as a straight swap for Gordon. He needs a last ball, but he’s dangerous and has that pace we desperately lack.

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m glad we pushed for that because it would’ve been laughable if he left and we had to pay him a loyalty bonus. 

I wonder now much we save? Not a great deal I imagine giving his wages.

Just to put it in to perspective - the fee is 4th highest for an English 21 or under player and just outside the top ten (11th) of any player 21 or under purchased in the Premiership. To me that's decent money for a lad who is approaching 22 and not yet been selected for the senior England squad, never mind earnt a senior cap. 

more than any fee we have paid for a player, and second most expensive Newcastle signing ever. 

Just need to get a replacement - but a bit of wiggle room financially - shame is so late in the window. but Gordan has force the issue and made it near impossible to keep him. 

So happy we aren’t selling those Everton obsessed Saudis a good player.

£45m plus a sell on fee.  The sell on fee won’t be worth anything. He will sort his parents out for a house, and basically be a bench player.

wont take them long to get pissed off with him. He had our fans eating out of his hands till he thought he had made it. 

Like I said in August lads, watch out for the warning signs. We’ve seen them before. 

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So happy we aren’t selling those Everton obsessed Saudis a good player.

£45m plus a sell on fee.  The sell on fee won’t be worth anything. He will sort his parents out for a house, and basically be a bench player.

wont take them long to get pissed off with him. He had our fans eating out of his hands till he thought he had made it. 

Like I said in August lads, watch out for the warning signs. We’ve seen them before. 

Newcastle fan will want a lot from him from day one given the price tag - they have had some great performing transfers coming through the door - in fact they have been fooking spoil this past 12month. No pressure!!!

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

Newcastle fan will want a lot from him from day one given the price tag - they have had some great performing transfers coming through the door - in fact they have been fooking spoil this past 12month. No pressure!!!

They are properly torn over it. They made him a hate figure like Pickford, now they’ve bought him! 

wait till they watch him have one of his petulant games, won’t take long till they are on him. He will be training with the kids before long. 

It's almost as if Newcastle haven't been watching him play this season. On top of that, why anyone would invest so much money into an individual with a stinking attitude is beyond me.

It's such a shame, if he had more of a driven and professional personality he could have been a very good player. Another Barkley in the making. We will see him at Newcastle, then somewhere like West Ham or Bournemouth, then he will be playing abroad somewhere when he will be all but forgotten about. And it's no less than he deserves.

He has personally ruined his career before it even begun.

17 minutes ago, Aidan said:

It's almost as if Newcastle haven't been watching him play this season. On top of that, why anyone would invest so much money into an individual with a stinking attitude is beyond me.

It's such a shame, if he had more of a driven and professional personality he could have been a very good player. Another Barkley in the making. We will see him at Newcastle, then somewhere like West Ham or Bournemouth, then he will be playing abroad somewhere when he will be all but forgotten about. And it's no less than he deserves.

He has personally ruined his career before it even begun.

It's like they're looked at Chelseas attempts and thought "well we know he looks poor, but there must be something if they're involved. Let's beat them to it!"