IGNORED

Watford (Away) Saturday February 9th

markjazzbassist

What I can't for the life of me understand is Silva is trying different combinations and personnel all over the pitch now - except central defence. Its like Koeman insisting on playing Gana and Schneiderlin week in, week out. Keane and Zouma doesn't work, do something else. 

Just now, Bailey said:

Im not sure we deserved to win but we did deserve a point.

On the whole I thought Gana and Davies were great. Neither foot perfect but they kept at it and battled all the way to the final whistle.

I completely disagree. Davies lacked every bit of quality that he showed the last two matches. He was back to the hard worker with no product that we all expect him to be. Every ball was too heavily weighted and you could see that he couldn’t get anything he wanted to come off for him today. Hopefully he’ll be better again next match after some rest.

1 minute ago, nyblue23 said:

I completely disagree. Davies lacked every bit of quality that he showed the last two matches. He was back to the hard worker with no product that we all expect him to be. Every ball was too heavily weighted and you could see that he couldn’t get anything he wanted to come off for him today. Hopefully he’ll be better again next match after some rest.

I thought he played well, his passing was forward and looked crisp, he tried to drive us up the pitch and won some free kicks.

I thought we looked much better with a midfield 3, just need Gomes to discover his confidence. 

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

I thought he played well, his passing was forward and looked crisp, he tried to drive us up the pitch and won some free kicks.

I thought we looked much better with a midfield 3, just need Gomes to discover his confidence. 

It's baffling that ppl will except a loss at watford as some sort of positive these players don't give a fuck they are just going through the motions. It's like the end of martinez just passing for the sake of it.

There is now a 4 point gap to the team above us and a 5 point gap to the team two places above us - and they have games in hand.  Of the 3 teams below us, two are level on points with us and the other is one point behind.  They all have games in hand.

We have a poor team.  Weak defence, a midfield that doesn't create anything and a forward line that can't score.  By the end of February we will be down in 12th place.

Just now, memmaclub2 said:

It's baffling that ppl will except a loss at watford as some sort of positive these players don't give a fuck they are just going through the motions. It's like the end of martinez just passing for the sake of it.

It's nothing like that. The majority of players that played today do give a shit and are clearly behind the manager. If that was the Martinez time you mentioned we would have lost by 3 or 4.

2 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I hated Fat Sam but his record was better than SIlvas by a decent margin. I compare the two to show how bad the guy is at managing a team with this amount of investment. I am past the giving people time he is not up to it and doesn't have the nouse to turn this around.

Yep.  When you think about it he's either done well in a weak league, and has never held a job long enough in a strong league to have been able to get through any rough patches.  He has never experienced what he is going through now and has no idea how to get through it.  It looks like he doesn't have either the experience nor the talent to fall back on.

6 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I hated Fat Sam but his record was better than SIlvas by a decent margin. I compare the two to show how bad the guy is at managing a team with this amount of investment. I am past the giving people time he is not up to it and doesn't have the nouse to turn this around.

So what were you saying the year Moyes finished 17th?

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It's nothing like that. The majority of players that played today do give a shit and are clearly behind the manager. If that was the Martinez time you mentioned we would have lost by 3 or 4.

Completely confused what you saw today that made you think they were behind the manager or not. I wasn't saying he had lost the dressing room more that the perfomances are similar in the lack of effectiveness. I don't want silva sacked because he has offended players but because he can't motivate a very expensive squad to perform enough to beat anyone half decent. Fat sam was a stop gap at a time when it seemed no one decent would touch the club.  Silva was the man we chose after looking at what was out there taking our time to choose and his stats are worse than Fat Sam. I am genuinely interested in anyone who can give me a good reason NOT to sack him and giving him time is not a good reason.

8 minutes ago, nogs said:

So what were you saying the year Moyes finished 17th?

Nogs interested your quoting me a lot happy to debate but make it relevant. Moyes had no budget and for large pasages of time and when he did he was shopping in the bargain bin. Somewhere around 17th was our level. Also I would say moyes  had bought himself time with what he eeked out of players for the investment he made.

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

We have lost our identity as a club 

100% agree I think this sort of happened during or after martinez. I think its about the type of player we bring in moyes had some shockers but he bought a solid low budget core who fought aggressively for wins. you put cahill neville jags baines coleman. All players you could see wanted to die for the shirt. I don't see that anymore.

40 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

Completely confused what you saw today that made you think they were behind the manager or not. I wasn't saying he had lost the dressing room more that the perfomances are similar in the lack of effectiveness. I don't want silva sacked because he has offended players but because he can't motivate a very expensive squad to perform enough to beat anyone half decent. Fat sam was a stop gap at a time when it seemed no one decent would touch the club.  Silva was the man we chose after looking at what was out there taking our time to choose and his stats are worse than Fat Sam. I am genuinely interested in anyone who can give me a good reason NOT to sack him and giving him time is not a good reason.

The end of Martinez was when the players gave up on him. Today the players kept fighting, worked hard and rather than let their heads drop they actually created chances and should have scored.

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Benitez, arteta,biesla, moyes in that order 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

We have lost our identity as a club 

If Silva goes its arteta or bust. We need someone who understands the identity of the club. Hell fucking no to Bielsa, he’s openly admitted to spying on teams. 

Wouldnt mind Howe or Unsworth but I know that will be unpopular. 

4 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

Nogs interested your quoting me a lot happy to debate but make it relevant. Moyes had no budget and for large pasages of time and when he did he was shopping in the bargain bin. Somewhere around 17th was our level. Also I would say moyes  had bought himself time with what he eeked out of players for the investment he made.

You've proven my point perfectly. Because we've spent £250m in 3 years, fans are falling into the trap of thinking our squad has to be top class and it must be the manager. 

Go look at the squad we had in 03/04 - we had better centre backs, better central midfielders and better strikers than we do now. We were awful that season, and yeah, Moyes was getting panned. We finished fourth the season after. 

All this 'Silva out' stuff, sorry its just knnejerk rubbish from fans that need to blame someone for their club going through the wringer. If after another summer of rebuilding what I see as a rubbish squad we are still in this position come November, I'll be joining the calls for his head. But 7 months in I find calling for him to be sacked fucking ridiculous.