IGNORED

Marco Silva

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Many fans are asking for a man manager, but when you read players comments, tabloid reports, and fellow senior people in the football industry, try ye are all saying that Silva is a man manager and that’s his greatest strength. He seems well regarded in that sense.

Maybe it’s the coaching staff that needs a overhaul. Positioning seems non existent at times. Attacking play is always non existent. Surely the is where coaching NG staff need to be held accountable as well.

It's a good point. We've been struggling up top for a few seasons, with Big Dunc surely covering that area in coaching. He seems to get a stay of execution each time?

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Many fans are asking for a man manager, but when you read players comments, tabloid reports, and fellow senior people in the football industry, try ye are all saying that Silva is a man manager and that’s his greatest strength. He seems well regarded in that sense.

Maybe it’s the coaching staff that needs a overhaul. Positioning seems non existent at times. Attacking play is always non existent. Surely the is where coaching NG staff need to be held accountable as well.

great point @Shukes

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

That may well be true so it’s up to the manager to change that, not just put up with it. 
The reality is he’s the manager there his coaching staff whether they were here before him or not, he has had full control over the coaches to hire and fire. 
He’s the Captain of this ship and if it’s sinking like all good Captain’s he has to go down with it, and not blame the crew. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That may well be true so it’s up to the manager to change that, not just put up with it. 
The reality is he’s the manager there his coaching staff whether they were here before him or not, he has had full control over the coaches to hire and fire. 
He’s the Captain of this ship and if it’s sinking like all good Captain’s he has to go down with it, and not blame the crew. 

Ahh didn’t realise he hires and fires the coaching staff as well. Thought the DOF would do that like in other teams. 

But the point still stands, we need to look at the whole set-up and not just the manager, as the bigger problems may lie elsewhere. This is where I’m expecting Brands to step up and earn his wage.

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Ahh didn’t realise he hires and fires the coaching staff as well. Thought the DOF would do that like in other teams. 

But the point still stands, we need to look at the whole set-up and not just the manager, as the bigger problems may lie elsewhere. This is where I’m expecting Brands to step up and earn his wage.

I don’t think the DOF would hire coaches, they work under the manager so surely they would pick their own staff?

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

Maybe Duncan doesn’t just coach the forwards. Yes he was a forward as a player, but he’s been learning to coach and won’t just be sticking to one area. 

Of course. But I doubt a player who's played as forward all his life will be the main Defensive coach. Or Goalkeeper coach. Pretty sure his main area will be the strikers. Who would you have training an Electrician? A time served Electrician or a Plumber?

Pretty sure DCL gave an interview a couple of years ago regarding Dunc and his forward coaching.

It's a small thing at the end of the day, but I'm unsure of his credentials in stepping in as Manager.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

The coaching staff bar Dunc have been changed regularly over the last few seasons. I don't think it will make a difference.

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

It's a good point. We've been struggling up top for a few seasons, with Big Dunc surely covering that area in coaching. He seems to get a stay of execution each time?

I think that's a bit harsh. Lukaku improved loads during his time here, DCL has come through the ranks and become a Premier League striker. Obviously we don't know how hands on he has been with them both, but on the face of it he has done alright with those two.

Whilst its clear we don't have an elite striker, I would say the problems lie a lot further back that the striker.

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Of course. But I doubt a player who's played as forward all his life will be the main Defensive coach. Or Goalkeeper coach. Pretty sure his main area will be the strikers. Who would you have training an Electrician? A time served Electrician or a Plumber?

Pretty sure DCL gave an interview a couple of years ago regarding Dunc and his forward coaching.

It's a small thing at the end of the day, but I'm unsure of his credentials in stepping in as Manager.

I don’t think we have coaches who are just attacking or defensive coaches. They will all have things they are better at than others, but I’d be surprised if they were that specific all day every day other than the goalkeeping coach as that’s massively specific. 

By logic someone who can coach a forward can also coach a defender how to counter. 

13 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Managers do that always have, haven’t you heard it said the manager brings in his coaching staff, or the manager and his coaching staff get sacked, some managers might go to a club and retain some of the coaching staff left by the outgoing manager, but that is generally their choice, Brands didn’t appoint Boa Morte Silva did. 

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t think the DOF would hire coaches, they work under the manager so surely they would pick their own staff?

When reading about DOFs, they are managers, and manage the everything to do with the club, while the “Football manager” usually looks after the coaching of the football team. 

Really I’m using the City model as an example, but don’t know if this is the usual, or the exception. At Everton it could be a totally different system than anyone has ever heard of haha.

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Managers do that always have, haven’t you heard it said the manager brings in his coaching staff, or the manager and his coaching staff get sacked, some managers might go to a club and retain some of the coaching staff left by the outgoing manager, but that is generally their choice, Brands didn’t appoint Boa Morte Silva did. 

No I haven’t heard that. I have heard the opposite to be fair. I have read that the manager sorts the team out, while the DOF  manages everything to do with football, the staff, transfer targets, PR, everything else.

But I defer to your knowledge in this one. Like I say, I’m going off the City model as I read a lot into that one to find out what a DOF is. Doesn’t mean we follow the same model.

Just now, Bailey said:

I think the manager would select the coaching staff but the DoF would sort the contracts out.

Yes could be this. Or even the manager saying what model he wants, and the DOF finding staff that suits that model, like transfer targets.

But again... we are Everton, it could be anything 😉

Just now, Shukes said:

Yes could be this. Or even the manager saying what model he wants, and the DOF finding staff that suits that model, like transfer targets.

But again... we are Everton, it could be anything 😉

Seriously mate it’s the manager in every club, successful managers take their staff with them from one team to the next. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Seriously mate it’s the manager in every club, successful managers take their staff with them from one team to the next. 

No it’s not mate. Some DOFs manage the staff from a profile given to them by the manager. Managers have even came out and said themselves. 

No disrespect, but I trust thier words before yours 😉

58 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t think we have coaches who are just attacking or defensive coaches. They will all have things they are better at than others, but I’d be surprised if they were that specific all day every day other than the goalkeeping coach as that’s massively specific. 

By logic someone who can coach a forward can also coach a defender how to counter. 

Yeah, 'Spose so.

Looked stunned at the end there. Almost like 'What the fuck do I have to do?!'

The coin just ain't dropping in his favour when he most needs it to. I actually feel for him a bit, we've had so many bad luck moments this season, from VAR to marginals to injuries. But it's a results game and he has to pick himself up and battle on like he's never battled before if he wants to keep this job. Lose this, and it's a long road back to the top for him.