IGNORED

Marco Silva

1 hour ago, Matt said:

bar some 10 game losing streak i think that means Marco is here till the summer.  like i said Brands knows we need stability and firing a manger every couple months make the job less attractive to future suitors and is a waste of company money that should be spent on players.

well done on the richarlison extension.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

bar some 10 game losing streak i think that means Marco is here till the summer.  like i said Brands knows we need stability and firing a manger every couple months make the job less attractive to future suitors and is a waste of company money that should be spent on players.

well done on the richarlison extension.

He's going to have to beat some of the top 6 in December then. I can see us bottom 3 by Xmas, his job will be untenable if so. 

He’s in a job until after the derby, and right now he should be. The next two games in just a few days, I’m sure we’ll lose both, then he’ll be gone. The board have bought themselves a week to sort the replacement out, I hope they use it sensibly. They could go as far as the Chelsea game, but I don’t think they will. 

Just a note for those screaming for kids to play - the 23s got pumped by Fleetwood town. Granted there’s a couple that could perhaps make the step, it’s reminder of the gulf from 23’s to men’s let alone premier league.

I’ll stick my neck out and say it - I support Silva still. I believe this season was planned to transition into a 4-3-3 but injuries have hampered that. I don’t believe he was entirely happy with what he started the season with but is trying to make do. He is 100% not without fault or flaws but no manager is. I’d sooner see the more experienced members of the squad moved on that are constantly letting us down.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Just a note for those screaming for kids to play - the 23s got pumped by Fleetwood town. Granted there’s a couple that could perhaps make the step, it’s reminder of the gulf from 23’s to men’s let alone premier league.

I’ll stick my neck out and say it - I support Silva still. I believe this season was planned to transition into a 4-3-3 but injuries have hampered that. I don’t believe he was entirely happy with what he started the season with but is trying to make do. He is 100% not without fault or flaws but no manager is. I’d sooner see the more experienced members of the squad moved on that are constantly letting us down.

Injuries had nothing to do with the first 6 games of the season, the easiest start to a season in years, he basically had a full squad to choose from. 
Why wouldn’t he be happy with what  he had to start the season with, he had 10 players he brought into the club to choose from, for me the only position I can see where he missed out on a signing was CH, but that was in part his own fault for not highlighting enough targets with Brands, because they felt so sure they were going to get Zouma. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

for me the only position I can see where he missed out on a signing was CH, but that was in part his own fault for not highlighting enough targets with Brands, because they felt so sure they were going to get Zouma. 

With the form of Mina I don't think Silva can even hide behind that one. Zouma hasn't been missed. For me it's not the players that aren't good enough, it's the tactics they just don't cause enough problems. Teams are happy to sit and let us have the ball as they know we're not gonna cause their keeper too much trouble. 

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

Injuries had nothing to do with the first 6 games of the season, the easiest start to a season in years, he basically had a full squad to choose from. 
Why wouldn’t he be happy with what  he had to start the season with, he had 10 players he brought into the club to choose from, for me the only position I can see where he missed out on a signing was CH, but that was in part his own fault for not highlighting enough targets with Brands, because they felt so sure they were going to get Zouma. 

Morgan’s soft red card in the first game.

Bournemouth was a disgrace from VAR but I also agree to an extent with comments you’ve made that we need to take results out of the hands of refs. 

Villa was a shit show I will grant you that but is it solely on the manager - no for me.

Not sure how you know transfers work at the club so I can’t really see how you lay blame at Marco for the amount of targets identified - actually bemused by that comment.  

Would you expect some cohesion time to take place at the start? We had just sold our best player in Gana and broke up our CM pairing..

I’ll look back at this guy with fond memories. I’ll remember him for making some of the worst subs I’ve ever seen. I’ll also think “remember how we never came back from a goal down over 18 months!”

then I’ll think of how many goals we concede from set plays and wonder how he kept his job for so long....

We lose against Leicester and he's gone. Simple as that. Whatever happens we are delaying the inevitable. The lad is pure crap of a manager. Even if we win the next 5 games with him still in charge, that won't change my opinion. His understanding of the game is way too basic for a manager in the toughest league.

On 28/11/2019 at 08:52, Romey 1878 said:

I'd be very happy if we did.

I  would not  Romey  as a win  may  make  Moshiri pause  0when  we  do   need to  win  and we get beaten ….  So  I hope you guys  will forgive  me if we  have  a minor loss.( I think this  could be the best outcome for  everyone  concerned )

Many fans are asking for a man manager, but when you read players comments, tabloid reports, and fellow senior people in the football industry, try ye are all saying that Silva is a man manager and that’s his greatest strength. He seems well regarded in that sense.

Maybe it’s the coaching staff that needs a overhaul. Positioning seems non existent at times. Attacking play is always non existent. Surely the is where coaching NG staff need to be held accountable as well.

It's in Silvas own hands now. Tough run of fixtures. Show us what you've got. It's never too late to win footy fans over, as much as we like to deny it, we are as fickle as they come.

The table doesn't lie. So as much as it doesn't look pretty, we are as far from the relegation zone as we are from the too 6 - weird season so far with a few teams wobbling below expectation.

Get battered by Leicester, it's over. Do well, you buy time. Do well against the Shite, you buy more time.

Over to you Marco!