IGNORED

Marco Silva

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If he goes tomorrow he at least went down fighting, and the players trying for him for once. 
Although having said that I think Davies has been struck off his Christmas card list 😀

He won't go tomorrow we played average at best against an in form mid table team which means he's brought him self another season or two. 

We can blame injuries, VAR, or whatever else but his game management is so poor. Every match at the end, usually when in the balance, he likes to turn it into a basketball game, and we lose every time. There's just no composure. We need someone to put their foot on the ball and take the sting out of it. Instead, we are lumping balls to our outlets trying to hit them on the counter. It's just back and forth. It's not the players, it's his instructions and how we play every single week. It's no coincidence, or luck that we concede and lose games late on so often.

He is out of his depth as a premier league manager. The best managers get the luck and the worst managers don't seem to get any. It's how it works and Marco Silva already has a relegation on his resume. I do believe that in the end, Hull were a tad unlucky to go down that year after a great revival. He just has that knack and we need him out asap.

Nice bloke though....

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Look at what Rodgers did during the game though went to a back three and played childwell as one of them, brought inacheo on alongside vardy. Really good management. 

Silva’s tactics were spot on today , if not for two brain farts from Davies we would have walked away with all 3 points, all be it the injuries probably played a part in him changing the formation 

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Silva’s tactics were spot on today , if not for two brain farts from Davies we would have walked away with all 3 points, all be it the injuries probably played a part in him changing the formation 

Today they might have been but generally they are meh. To never come back from a goal down to win says it all 

It's a results orientated business. That's a fact. He's the polar opposite to Sam Allardyce. Sam is hated but gets results. He knows how to organise teams and manages games well, sees games out, seemingly with a worse squad than what Silva has right now. (I'm not advocating for BFS here, just making a point!)

Silva is actually well liked as a bloke and he tries to play attacking football but it's far too kamikaze and his in game management is the worst Ive ever seen. Zero organisational skills which is mirrored in his results. His win percentage in the Premier League is woeful and it is getting worse....Does anyone think he would have had Watford relegated if he would have continued?

Probably, and that is a huge cause for concern. This guy manages teams in a relegation fight and has lost one already. The next club got rid before they were sucked in. Please don't let us make that fateful mistake......

I would say that the position were in, is pretty much where we have ended the last few seasons. We’re a team playing with the form of a team that will finish around 8th position.

Are we even half way through yet?

Cue the we’re a spot above relegation... just so you know, I know that. But I will still bet any of you that we won’t be there at the end of the season... and I mean we will be at minimum 5 places above.  The reason is that I can simply look at the table and see that two wins changes the whole look of the league table.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I would say that the position were in, is pretty much where we have ended the last few seasons. We’re a team playing with the form of a team that will finish around 8th position.

Are we even half way through yet?

Cue the we’re a spot above relegation... just so you know, I know that. But I will still bet any of you that we won’t be there at the end of the season... and I mean we will be at minimum 5 places above.  The reason is that I can simply look at the table and see that two wins changes the whole look of the league table.

Still a shit outlook though shukes. I like Marco as a man but he’s not THE MAN. He has to go I’m afraid. 

Yesterday still feels like a horrible kick in the teeth, I feel sorry for Silva and for the team because we did show real fight and got nothing for it. But I still have to go back to Norwich - surely anything like the application we showed yesterday and we'd have beaten them. That to me was a turning point - win that and we could take a couple of plucky-but-unlucky performances against the three teams who are absolutely flying were playing this week. We keep putting in God awful displays at the wrong time, and that will get you into a lot of trouble in the PL. I just don't see Silva injecting the change of momentum we need. 

All in all its not been good enough from silva, but I do have a lot of sympathy towards him. The amount of injuries we have had is unreal and the fact the board didn't make enough of an effort to sign a Zouma replacement isn't good enough and they need to take some responsibility. I don't know how much Silva was involved with bringing kean to the club but again recruitment up front wasn't good enough either, we needed a more experienced striker who can lead the line, not another prospect. 

Voice quite croaky in his post match interview. He knows he's on the ropes. I think he knows he's a goner and is genuinely upset about the prospect of losing his job. He'll not get another go in the Premiership without winning something pretty decent abroad first.

It's so frustrating. Really thought he'd sussed it in the last third of last season.

Shame but you can't lose 9 of the first 15 games, with the players at hand, albeit with some real bad luck, and expect to be given more chances - not when you've gone back to bad habits we were seeing over 12 months ago.

Think he simply wasn't able to cope with the loss of Zouma and Gana.  Our good run at the end of last season relied on those and we don't have a like for like replacement for either.  That meant we needed to change the playing style, but instead we kept trying to play the same but without those key personnel it blew up in his face.

9 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Think he simply wasn't able to cope with the loss of Zouma and Gana.  Our good run at the end of last season relied on those and we don't have a like for like replacement for either.  That meant we needed to change the playing style, but instead we kept trying to play the same but without those key personnel it blew up in his face.

We got Gbamin and Delph both of which have been injured- out his control. Zouma and Mina would have been a good partnership, he’s tried Holgate, 3/5 at the back because of how poor Keane is but there’s not much else he can do. Also add in Coleman has been bang average.

Silva was a good appointment on paper but just didn't work out. He has had bad luck, poor decisions go against him and made mistakes. It just was not meant to be. Nice guy but the wrong guy. Time to move on.

Need a new manager to lift the players, give them some belief back. If Silva stays the atmosphere in the changing room will become too toxic and we will be in even deeper shit.

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

Still think he needs a couple of games. By all accounts we got screwed by VAR again and at least we got goal. A new manager inheriting a demoralised squad is either a mercenary or saviour, but it’s an utter gamble. 

He needs a centre half and dependant on injuries another CM. This applies for any new manager that comes in.

2 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Our next players this year have been Mina and Davies. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Our next players this year have been Mina and Davies. 

No issue with Mina this year. Davies isn’t Gana’s replacement and I don’t think he’s going to develop into that player. Delph/Gbabim were meant to be that 

6 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

I think his biggest loss from last season was his assistant, he’s lost his right hand man and if truth be known possibly the brains behind the outfit. 

8 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Given how dreadful Keane has been the failure to replace Zouma stands out as the icing on another very poor transfer window. Who was that on? Brands? I just can't get my head round a PL team going into the season with three senior centre backs. More I think about it, more I worry that something is very wrong in how the club is being run. 

29 minutes ago, nogs said:

Given how dreadful Keane has been the failure to replace Zouma stands out as the icing on another very poor transfer window. Who was that on? Brands? I just can't get my head round a PL team going into the season with three senior centre backs. More I think about it, more I worry that something is very wrong in how the club is being run. 

If you believe the rumours then Brands doesn't have the authority his role should have and Kenwright still has too much influence.

If Moyes is the replacement then I'll be 100% believing these rumours. And concluding that we're owned by a fucking moron.

He has some bad luck fall his way, but for me he lacks the ability to effect changes in a game, we go behind far too often and can’t pull the game back, most of his subs are like for like. Last night was the classic example, we were loosing 4-2 at half time to the best team in the premier and European champions, a game were not going to get anything from unless changes were made. He should have put Kean on with DCL, Siggy did nothing, neither did Bernie ( wrong game and timing for him to back IMO) a 442 would have given a stronger front line against a team who do concede goals, and if we’re playing in their half they less likely to score against us.