IGNORED

Marco Silva

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m not sure it was dishonesty with him, I think he was an honest man. It seemed to me that his favourite motivation tool was to tell everyone positives, all of the time. 

He lost it for me when he said he would rather lose playing attractive football than win ugly. It’s a results business. 

A good manager and a good man, but your right, not flexible in his approach, just wouldn’t or didn’t know how to shut up shop when we needed to hold on to a lead. 

10 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Silvas press conference was full of vigour today. Maybe with other managers heads on the line he is coming out fighting. That’s what I want from him 

About time too, I’ve always found him to be dull when being interviewed since he came here, yet at Hull he was far more assertive, pressure if the job maybe?

11 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Silvas press conference was full of vigour today. Maybe with other managers heads on the line he is coming out fighting. That’s what I want from him 

Vigour isn’t the right word for me, it was more relaxed and confident. I’d stopped watching his press conferences because he was monotonous and stressed but this one seems very positive 

The one thing I have always had a problem with is that I don't really know what he is trying to achieve. There isn't a pattern of play there where I think that the results will come. Even when we had that run at the end of last season, it didn't look sustainable.

Yes he has had problems with injuries but we are playing the same way we did last season. I just don't see how he wants to score goals. Take today, why play Tosun if we are going to be playing lots of long balls into him. The fact of the matter is that today, for all of our huff and puff, Norwich who are one of the leakiest team in the league created the best chances in the game. Probably 3 or 4 big chances to our 1, if that.

I still wouldn't want us to pull the trigger if the next man in was an Allardyce type but it's clear that Silva is out of his depth and his style of football wont lead us anywhere.

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

for those that want him gone look at Farhads track record: Koeman, Fat Sam, Silva.  let's hope they somehow get him out of the room when the managerial change is discussed.  he doesn't seem to have a knack for finding a manager.  

Your right our managerial troubles coincide with Moshiri taking over. 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The one thing I have always had a problem with is that I don't really know what he is trying to achieve. There isn't a pattern of play there where I think that the results will come. Even when we had that run at the end of last season, it didn't look sustainable.

Yes he has had problems with injuries but we are playing the same way we did last season. I just don't see how he wants to score goals. Take today, why play Tosun if we are going to be playing lots of long balls into him. The fact of the matter is that today, for all of our huff and puff, Norwich who are one of the leakiest team in the league created the best chances in the game. Probably 3 or 4 big chances to our 1, if that.

I still wouldn't want us to pull the trigger if the next man in was an Allardyce type but it's clear that Silva is out of his depth and his style of football wont lead us anywhere.

For me there's a mix of him not having as much conviction in the way he supposedly wants to play as he likes to pretend he does, and being utterly clueless about which players work best in his preferred system. He seems to believe in getting the ball wide and getting balls in the box - fine, why did he drop DCL just as he was starting to score? When we have played Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin together, we might as well not have a midfield. Regardless of the Gomes injury, why go back to something that was disastrous under Koeman, nevermind his own spell in charge? Regardless of all the money spent, we're still playing the same formation, the same ineffective players as two years ago. He hasn't had the strength or the nous to come in, look at what's not working and make the right changes, even if it means upsetting some 'big' players. He simply can't carry on. 

Just now, nogs said:

For me there's a mix of him not having as much conviction in the way he supposedly wants to play as he likes to pretend he does, and being utterly clueless about which players work best in his preferred system. He seems to believe in getting the ball wide and getting balls in the box - fine, why did he drop DCL just as he was starting to score? When we have played Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin together, we might as well not have a midfield. Regardless of the Gomes injury, why go back to something that was disastrous under Koeman, nevermind his own spell in charge? Regardless of all the money spent, we're still playing the same formation, the same ineffective players as two years ago. He hasn't had the strength or the nous to come in, look at what's not working and make the right changes, even if it means upsetting some 'big' players. He simply can't carry on. 

No there is no conviction at all from him. If we wants to play wide and throw balls in then why play with a 10 at all? Go two up and play like Burnley. We are a team of contradictions.

40 minutes ago, nogs said:

This is what really worries me. 

I’ve looked on websites and one in particular believes morishi is getting bad advice continually off agents. If brands is the guru he needs to get rid of the shite and bring in young hungry players that want to achieve something. We are looking at a clear out again. 

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

Now the crowd has turned it has to be inevitable. But we have to have someone lined up before making the move, we can’t afford the uncertainty going into the next few weeks. 

We should have had someone lined up weeks ago. 

But I know what will happen. He will get sacked and Unsy will have it until we find a manager to extort us again because we are desperate. 

The shit in the club runs deeper than Silva. Mosh has brought us out and literally ran it like a child would. Throw money at it with no thought or conviction. The only decent thing he has done is brought in brands and I'd imagine from the previous dross that's just luck

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Anyone know if he's given any post match interviews?

He's gone, just waiting for the announcement. 

Moshiri, Kenwright and Barrett-Baxendale had a meeting after the final whistle which I can assure you wasn't for cocktails and a discussion about lawn darts. 

Silva has also said in his press conference that "the club must come first" which is almost as if admitting that the end is near. 

28 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

He's gone, just waiting for the announcement. 

Moshiri, Kenwright and Barrett-Baxendale had a meeting after the final whistle which I can assure you wasn't for cocktails and a discussion about lawn darts. 

Silva has also said in his press conference that "the club must come first" which is almost as if admitting that the end is near. 

Is this speculation Zoo? Or you heard this from a reliable source? 

4 minutes ago, Cisk said:

Ive been resistant to giving him the nudge but my patience has gone now. I was happt when he was appointed but now think hes had enough time and is out of his depth with expectancy here.

Exactly the same for me. I really wanted this appointment to work, but it hasn't. He's had enough time to create his own team and it's just not bringing results. He hasn't won a single league game when falling behind, that's an awful statistic to have. Nice guy but he needs to go. And quite honestly, if he hasn't gone by Monday then it's the board who will be to blame for any future losses, because I can't think of a single reason to keep him on.