IGNORED

Marco Silva

This blokes an absolute joke. Trying to take credit for Davies, the lad played under our last two managers twice as many minutes. Only  played under Silva last year when Gomes wasn't match fit and when Gana went the African nations. 

First 8 games this year all he got was 20 minutes across 2 matches. Took a few injuries and four straight defeats for him to get a game. Silva can fuck off now trying to take credit, if he already knew he was good enough why wasn't he starting sooner? 

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1486807/silva-explains-why-midfielder-davies-is-proving-him-right

21 minutes ago, pete0 said:

This blokes an absolute joke. Trying to take credit for Davies, the lad played under our last two managers twice as many minutes. Only  played under Silva last year when Gomes wasn't match fit and when Gana went the African nations. 

First 8 games this year all he got was 20 minutes across 2 matches. Took a few injuries and four straight defeats for him to get a game. Silva can fuck off now trying to take credit, if he already knew he was good enough why wasn't he starting sooner? 

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1486807/silva-explains-why-midfielder-davies-is-proving-him-right

I 100% agree he likes to take credit for everything that goes well with in the team, even though as supporters we can see he’s talking shit, especially with this article and the Holgate bullshit trying to make himself look like a great coach when it comes to young talent. 
It’s a shame he doesn’t take responsibility for how shit we are this season, and admit he’s got it wrong and doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I 100% agree he likes to take credit for everything that goes well with in the team, even though as supporters we can see he’s talking shit, especially with this article and the Holgate bullshit trying to make himself look like a great coach when it comes to young talent. 
It’s a shame he doesn’t take responsibility for how shit we are this season, and admit he’s got it wrong and doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

That bit does my head in the most. He's always doing damage control, blames the players for not doing as they were told when it's clear the players were following his instructions/tactics and that was the reason we scored rather than blame the player that missed the only chance we had. If you only have one chance there's clearly a problem tactics wise surely. 

Responsibility is a massive trait for me and I just don't see it in Silva. I can't bear his character. He's not 'Everton' at all. 

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

You guys should watch his post match interviews.

He is constantly referring to us as WE when saying we aren’t good enough and aren’t performing good enough. 

Not saying it’s any excuse for our performances or his, but damn we Evertonians can fish with the best of them.

Tight lines Shukes, to be fair mate his record as a manager in the PL is very poor and abysmal here, even if I wanted to defend him I couldn’t he has to go and very soon to give someone time to put his mark on this mess whilst there’s still time. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Tight lines Shukes, to be fair mate his record as a manager in the PL is very poor and abysmal here, even if I wanted to defend him I couldn’t he has to go and very soon to give someone time to put his mark on this mess whilst there’s still time. 

I have been a supported over the last year, but patience has run out. He doesn’t seem to be making any changes that make any real difference.

If I could see a plan in place, I would have more patience. But I don’t see anything other than stick with plan A and hope that something clicks. 

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I have been a supported over the last year, but patience has run out. He doesn’t seem to be making any changes that make any real difference.

If I could see a plan in place, I would have more patience. But I don’t see anything other than stick with plan A and hope that something clicks. 

It is tough for the fans we seem to be taking one step forward and two steps backwards when it comes to managers at the moment, and as much as all of us are desperate for some stability with a manager unfortunately I don’t think Silva has got what it takes to be that manager. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It is tough for the fans we seem to be taking one step forward and two steps backwards when it comes to managers at the moment, and as much as all of us are desperate for some stability with a manager unfortunately I don’t think Silva has got what it takes to be that manager. 

100% 👍

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

You guys should watch his post match interviews.

He is constantly referring to us as WE when saying we aren’t good enough and aren’t performing good enough. 

Not saying it’s any excuse for our performances or his, but damn we Evertonians can fish with the best of them.

It should be 'my'. My tactics aren't good enough and "I" have had 4 straight defeats and a injuries before reluctantly changing things. 

22 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t agree with that. Over a season Liverpool and city would be confident of beating anybody at every game comfortably. That’s why there are at the top of the tree. Just like the uniteds and arsenals back in the day. They are that good over a season they may get the shitty odd var decision but they will still beat those teams. The big one is when they play each other and var has an outcome. Arseholes will be twitching this weekend 

I disagree... The players at City and Liverpool don't get to where they are because they expect to win every game "comfortably". They may expect to win, but they know they will have to fight hard for it. Thats the difference between a De Bruyne and a Pogba or a Salah and a Deulofeu.

Look at the two teams to have beaten City this season... Wolves and Norwich... I mean Norwich. They were poor that game too because they werent at it and Norwich took their chances. They probably thought like you clearly do, lowly little Norwich, should be a walkover.

Back in the day the difference between the good teams and bad teams was far greater IMO, not just in the finances but also in the tactics. Teams are so defensive now and so much more organised.

24 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Is that picking up results? Look at Leicester that’s what I want 

I’d quite like what City do too, but it’s not realistic at the moment is it? 
Leicester have the most clinical striker in the league in the team, makes a huge difference. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

So, in our last five games;

win against Southampton

draw against Spurs

win against Watford

loss against Brighton

win against West Ham

Are things still terrible? Before West Ham I wanted him gone, IF we could get someone better. I’d still replace him if we can get someone better (no idea who that might be), but I’d rather he just carry on picking up results and make a success of things and have some consistency. 

Whilst I am inclined to agree, let's see how we do against a team that is actually in some kind of form. 

Performances have been very inconsistent and I could easily see us beating Norwich and then being embarrassed by Leicester, Liverpool and Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Not the same though is it? Not even bothering with that post 

It is the same. I’d love us to play like Leicester myself, but they have a solid foundation at that club. Even through managerial changes they have seemed to keep a level of consistency and a reaping the benefits. We’ve had repeated wholesale changes. We are a million miles away from them, but take Vardy out of their team and they aren’t half as effective. 

To be clear, my post wasn’t deafening Silva in anyway (if anyone even thought I was they must have missed my paragraph saying I’d still replace him if we can get someone better), but I was asking people’s thoughts after winning three of the last five games. 

It's consistency we badly need to find, the team and off the field really. Whether Silva is the one to give us that is another matter. But winning one, and then drawing and losing the next two isn't helping us in the slightest. Neither is hiring a manager and giving him a shit load of money to build a team, then sacking them and having to do the whole process again.

Consistency, consistency, consistency.

10 hours ago, StevO said:

It is the same. I’d love us to play like Leicester myself, but they have a solid foundation at that club. Even through managerial changes they have seemed to keep a level of consistency and a reaping the benefits. We’ve had repeated wholesale changes. We are a million miles away from them, but take Vardy out of their team and they aren’t half as effective. 

To be clear, my post wasn’t deafening Silva in anyway (if anyone even thought I was they must have missed my paragraph saying I’d still replace him if we can get someone better), but I was asking people’s thoughts after winning three of the last five games. 

That’s a bit of a cliche really I would replace him if we can get someone better, that can never be known until after the event. 
Basically your sitting on the fence, if he was replaced with someone for the better you could say I’m happy with that I new he was better, or you could say if it wasn’t for the better I new we shouldn’t have replaced him with him. 
Personally for me it’s in or out and what happens after that is in the lap of the Gods, but you have to make a definitive decision and go with it. 
I say out he has shown he lacks so much to get this club where we want to be, I would rather have another 12-18 months of rebuilding and hope than go through 3 more years of this dross. 

I have chopped and changed on Silva to match the rollercoaster of emotions I have suffered following Everton.

I now think that he has been hamstrung by the following:

1) Having his first choice midfield and centerback partnerships taken away from him by selling Gana and not being able to sign Zooma.

2) Us not signing a proven goal scorer.

3) Injuries.

His refusal for so long to drop players out of form, and play systems to shoehorn players are so frustrating.

I think he can turn it around, I think he will. Now he has broken the away win hoodo and we are going to be playing teams nobody expects us to get results against the pressure is less. With midfield options limited he can focus on coaching them.

For the first time in since the end of last season where we were so good I feel positive.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I have chopped and changed on Silva to match the rollercoaster of emotions I have suffered following Everton.

I now think that he has been hamstrung by the following:

1) Having his first choice midfield and centerback partnerships taken away from him by selling Gana and not being able to sign Zooma.

2) Us not signing a proven goal scorer.

3) Injuries.

His refusal for so long to drop players out of form, and play systems to shoehorn players are so frustrating.

I think he can turn it around, I think he will. Now he has broken the away win hoodo and we are going to be playing teams nobody expects us to get results against the pressure is less. With midfield options limited he can focus on coaching them.

For the first time in since the end of last season where we were so good I feel positive.

I admit I’d lost my temper after the Burnley game but otherwise I’m still trying to be patient with him. Reasons 1&3 are principal for me, option 2 less so. I think he is trying to play the long game and trying to be patient with instilling his beliefs, not throwing kids into fray (hence sticking with the more experienced players even though they’ve been poor) and instead letting them take their time, etc. 

It’s the beginning of his second season. There was so much to correct from the previous 3-5 years, especially the 12 months prior to his arrival, it was never going to be undone and built on in 18months. 

I suspect we’ll see Kean regularly after Christmas, like he did with DCL last year. I think Iwobi would’ve been starting more in the middle if Bernard hadn’t been injured, but with all of the injuries mounting up he’s having to plug holes with whomever can play that role even remotely and we just need to be as patient as ever until the squad gets settled again. 

I didn’t want him here but I’m not in a rush to get rid of him. He showed end of last season that he can turn things around and play some great football. Patience, as well as consistency (as much as we can with players dropping like flies) are absolutely key. 

21 hours ago, Matt said:

I admit I’d lost my temper after the Burnley game but otherwise I’m still trying to be patient with him. Reasons 1&3 are principal for me, option 2 less so. I think he is trying to play the long game and trying to be patient with instilling his beliefs, not throwing kids into fray (hence sticking with the more experienced players even though they’ve been poor) and instead letting them take their time, etc. 

It’s the beginning of his second season. There was so much to correct from the previous 3-5 years, especially the 12 months prior to his arrival, it was never going to be undone and built on in 18months. 

I suspect we’ll see Kean regularly after Christmas, like he did with DCL last year. I think Iwobi would’ve been starting more in the middle if Bernard hadn’t been injured, but with all of the injuries mounting up he’s having to plug holes with whomever can play that role even remotely and we just need to be as patient as ever until the squad gets settled again. 

I didn’t want him here but I’m not in a rush to get rid of him. He showed end of last season that he can turn things around and play some great football. Patience, as well as consistency (as much as we can with players dropping like flies) are absolutely key. 

17 hours ago, StevO said:

Not sitting on the fence at all Palfy. And I’m not looking for an opportunity to say I was right or wrong, all I’m bothered about is what’s best for the club. 
If you can tell me a manager who can take over I’ll tell you if I think it’s worth moving him on or not. I don’t want him to be sacked and then have a month of Unsworth. I also don’t want him sacked and see Hughes or Moyes come in. If we can’t get someone better it’s not worth sacking him, and for me that goes for any manger. It’s not a tough concept. The club speak to managers they think would be an upgrade, if they can get one of them sack him and upgrade. If they can’t, stick with what we’ve got. 
We can’t sack him without someone else lined up and end up with an Unsworth/Allardyce saga. That doesn’t help anyone. 

I think the biggest thing blues want to see is improvement. We improved towards the end of last season and was in great form, but then that all goes out the window again and its rinse repeat.

The players don't appear to know was is expected of them, and there is a lack of a plan b when we're shut out of the wide areas.

I dont feel like we're going backwards but I also find it hard to see where we are progressing. With investments we've had into the squad these past 2 windows we should be doing much better. I know things take time, but all I want is an indicator that we're improving.

There was something said in 5 Live on Saturday that "the rumour was" we'd go for an interim manager again if Silva is sacked. Personally I think that's madness, I'd rather give Silva til the end of the season. 

Regardless, we've won three of our last 5 games. No manager will get sacked on the back of that. 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

There was something said in 5 Live on Saturday that "the rumour was" we'd go for an interim manager again if Silva is sacked. Personally I think that's madness, I'd rather give Silva til the end of the season. 

Regardless, we've won three of our last 5 games. No manager will get sacked on the back of that. 

unless the manager of our dreams is out there and willing to accept the position, i agree, keep him till the summer.  not worth it all the hiring/firing.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

I think the biggest thing blues want to see is improvement. We improved towards the end of last season and was in great form, but then that all goes out the window again and its rinse repeat.

The players don't appear to know was is expected of them, and there is a lack of a plan b when we're shut out of the wide areas.

I dont feel like we're going backwards but I also find it hard to see where we are progressing. With investments we've had into the squad these past 2 windows we should be doing much better. I know things take time, but all I want is an indicator that we're improving.

I don't think our great form has gone out of the window it's just a case of there are teams that our way of playing suits and there are teams that it doesn't. Even in our great run we were picked apart by Fulham. 

I think there has been an element of misfortune this season, more than last anyway, but I think that this is us under Silva at the moment. The games against the crap teams have been more or less based on who scores first and inevitably we have missed ours and they have scored from one of very few shots. 

As others have said, if the right manager is there then great go and get him but if he isn't then what is the point of changing. At least give this group some time to gel and then the new manager has a better chance of succeeding.