IGNORED

Marco Silva

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

There’s an easy solution to winning. Tell each player they begin each game with 60% of their salary. They secure an additional 20% for each goal scored and lose 20% for each goal conceded. La voila. 

They would still be sitting comfortable on a reduced salary as they earn shit loads. However I do agree a win based salary structure would be better

Please, please, please stick with the team from today!

Bernie should’ve been playing weeks ago. Sigurdsson should’ve been dropped weeks ago. Sidibe earned his spot today, he was great. Same for Walcott and Davies. 

Richarlison showed hes hungry to play as the striker. Leave him there for a run of games and see what happens. 

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Please, please, please stick with the team from today!

Bernie should’ve been playing weeks ago. Sigurdsson should’ve been dropped weeks ago. Sidibe earned his spot today, he was great. Same for Walcott and Davies. 

Richarlison showed hes hungry to play as the striker. Leave him there for a run of games and see what happens. 

This.

We have a squad good enough to have competition for places. Players must play on merit, keep this team, they have earn't it.

That is what I want from our team. I don’t want to see Morgan playing sideways. Every players first instinct was to play a forward pass. Bernie and digne made up for lost time. Sidibe was strong offensively and defensively. Iwobi in the first half was playing some great balls in between the centre backs and how refreshing was it to to see a midfielder breaking through for a one on one? Granted his finish was poor but it was great to see. Gilfi scores a great goal and that’s what we want. A squad. Not players guarenteed a game. Shout out to Theo aswell. He played really well

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

So how long did that West ham game buy him? He should be out by the end of the weekend. We're relegation fodder at the minute. 

I was happy for the most part until the final two subs. That fucked us. Why on earth did Delph come on? No problem with DCL coming on though, the problem was he took all our pacey players off so we then had no chance of hitting Brighton on the break when they would inevitably push forward. 

I’d be interested to know how many times Gylfi touched the ball in comparison to Bernard while he was on. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was happy for the most part until the final two subs. That fucked us. Why on earth did Delph come on? No problem with DCL coming on though, the problem was he took all our pacey players off so we then had no chance of hitting Brighton on the break when they would inevitably push forward. 

I’d be interested to know how many times Gylfi touched the ball in comparison to Bernard while he was on. 

This. I understand that he wanted more “control” in the midfield but Delph is a fucking anchor and completely disrupted Gomes and Davies, who weren’t having great games but doing ok. Should’ve been Kean and DCL and gone for the throats but tried to sensible even though we were in complete control 

thought Gylfi did ok to be honest. 

To o be fair he changed it up in the last game and deserved credit for it and given the way we played I doubt anyone would have picked a different XI today 

After a slow start I though we controlled the game game well and deservedly lead with 20 minutes to go

Then we were on the receiving end of a ludicrous penalty decision and it completely turned the game on its head , Silva can’t be blamed for that 

Admittedly I was baffled  by the Delph substitution and it was alarming how spineless we were in totally capitulating after the pen , but that Is the sign of a team low on confidence , which is exactly what we are

Also thought Gylfi did ok 

31 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Why on earth did Delph come on? No problem with DCL coming on though, the problem was he took all our pacey players off so we then had no chance of hitting Brighton on the break when they would inevitably push forward. 

Agree.  Delph subbing in was maddening, and puzzling.  At the time I assumed Silva was playing for a draw, since he subbed out 2 attackers but brought on only one.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

To o be fair he changed it up in the last game and deserved credit for it

After four straight defeats, giving credit is like saying well done to a baby for getting square in the toy box after trying the circles hole 4 times. But one's a baby and the other is on & £100,000+k a week to know what to do first time round. 

Sticking with the same analysis, you know when a baby then goes for the square in the round hole again and you encourage them to get it right and eventually they do, well I don't see Martinez mark II being that bright as shown by his subs today. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

To o be fair he changed it up in the last game and deserved credit for it and given the way we played I doubt anyone would have picked a different XI today 

After a slow start I though we controlled the game game well and deservedly lead with 20 minutes to go

Then we were on the receiving end of a ludicrous penalty decision and it completely turned the game on its head , Silva can’t be blamed for that 

Admittedly I was baffled  by the Delph substitution and it was alarming how spineless we were in totally capitulating after the pen , but that Is the sign of a team low on confidence , which is exactly what we are

Also thought Gylfi did ok 

It’s a clear penalty for me.

Bringing on Delph just invited pressure. I understand the basic logic of whaa was t he was trying to do but it just wasn’t necessary and completely dismantled our rhythm in the middle. It was a “bottling it” sub. 

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

After four straight defeats, giving credit is like saying well done to a baby for getting square in the toy box after trying the circles hole 4 times. But one's a baby and the other is on & £100,000+k a week to know what to do first time round. 

Sticking with the same analysis, you know when a baby then goes for the square in the round hole again and you encourage them to get it right and eventually they do, well I don't see Martinez mark II being that bright as shown by his subs today. 

Except we won the last game. Stopped reading after that

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bringing on Delph just invited pressure. I understand the basic logic of whaa was t he was trying to do but it just wasn’t necessary and completely dismantled our rhythm in the middle. It was a “bottling it” sub. 

So any contact in the area when clearly unintentional is a penalty ? 

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

Must be the only person in the world who thinks that. If that’s a penno. The game is gone. Var will be sued pretty quickly if it’s a company or a thing. The game is gone. The game will be stopped every second. 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

Don't know what to say. We all cried out for the same lineup and Marco produced that, but we still lost to a team that can barely score goals. 

Silva reverted back to his old tactics once Bernard got injured, that is the main problem. Closely followed by his shit subs and lack of winning mentality.