IGNORED

Marco Silva

4 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The point is that the team is quite unbalanced, there have been a number of serious injuries early doors and we have had a number of diabolical decisions go against us. The best managers in the world can't legislate against that.

The injuries weren’t in the 1st 5 games of the season, against the teams which most said we were going to walk, off of our finish to the end of last season, and what happened we completely bombed. 
And the manager couldn’t find the answer, he was lacking as a tactician, his substitutions were embarrassing and added more to the downfall, instead of being inspired and turning game’s round. 
Don’t just take my view on it, revisit the match days and early Marco threads, and see for yourself. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just assuming the BHA penalty wasn't given and we'd won that game, sitting 5-7th (because of goal difference), would you still be wanting him gone? 

If you add the penalty not given at Spurs for the handball and we win that game 2-1, we'd be 5th and 4 points behind 4th, would you still want him gone?

Yes I would as I said it’s not just about the results, it’s also about how poor we play as a team.

And you don’t get through life on what ifs. 

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yes I would as I said it’s not just about the results, it’s also about how poor we play as a team.

And you don’t get through life on what ifs. 

So 3 points difference between calling for the sack or being happy? 

I agree what if is not fact, just like opinion. 

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The injuries weren’t in the 1st 5 games of the season, against the teams which most said we were going to walk, off of our finish to the end of last season, and what happened we completely bombed. 
And the manager couldn’t find the answer, he was lacking as a tactician, his substitutions were embarrassing and added more to the downfall, instead of being inspired and turning game’s round. 
Don’t just take my view on it, revisit the match days and early Marco threads, and see for yourself. 

We didn’t have Gomes in those games either and when he came in things started to improve, along with Bernard. Then they both got injured whilst finding form so it’s not just the first 5 games, it’s been all season so far. 

34 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

A lot of the goals we concede are because of his insistence of playing from the back come what may. Defenders and midfielders give the ball away at an alarming rate and I would hazard a guess that around half of the goals we concede are caused by these errors.

That is what grates most with the fans. We can't do anything about injuries and bad decisions, nor can Pep at City who is also appearing to fall victim of dismal decisions, we can only improve our own game.

For sure we can play better but there were more big changes over the summer with new faces. 

like I said in the last 2 years, I’ll worry end of Feb, even if it is highly frustrating in the meantime. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

We didn’t have Gomes in those games either and when he came in things started to improve, along with Bernard. Then they both got injured whilst finding form so it’s not just the first 5 games, it’s been all season so far. 

Gomes started the 1st 4 games of the season and was injured for the 5th. 
Bernard stated the 1st 2 games of the season and the 4th he was dropped to the bench for 3rd and 5th, we had all players available from the squad. 
I’m not trying to out you, I just feel that I was right in saying that the 1st 5-6 games have led us to be were we are now, and blaming injuries for our poor performances or VAR for that matter, is just masking over we have a poor manager. 
With the squad he had at his disposal we should taken at least 10-12 points from the first 5-6 games. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

What you mean by we I’m not sure, Silva’s had his money and his time to turn things round, you use injuries as the reason why we are in this position I completely dispute that, in fact we have done better since the injuries. 
A couple of hundred million and 18 months down the line is were you are happy and expect us to be. 
I think most managers worth there salt would expect to be sacked for his record, and are bemused by the fact he hasn’t already gone, I think we have been more than patient when it comes to Silva if that’s what you mean by we. 

I’m an Everton fan. WE will always mean Everton.

That includes players, manager, coaching, fans, staff, the whole club. 

We’re being patient because we came into the agreement with a plan. The injured players are part of that plan, Kean is part of that plan, Gbamin is part of that plan, Bernard is part of that plan, Gomes is part of that plan. If these injuries aren’t making any difference, then fair enough, they aren’t good enough for he team.

Myself... I rate Gomes, Bernard, and think Kean has t had chance to settle yet. Jury is out on Gbamin because we didn't get chance to see much of him. But I won’t wrote them off until they have had a chance. But if your saying they make no difference and we are better without them, or in your words “completely dispute” which surely means you don’t rate them?.... the. I have to strongly, completely disagree!

Now if we’re going to get silly and pick results in isolation, I’m not going to play there again. A season is called a season for a reason, because your position is counted through a whole season.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m an Everton fan. WE will always mean Everton.

That includes players, manager, coaching, fans, staff, the whole club. 

We’re being patient because we came into the agreement with a plan. The injured players are part of that plan, Kean is part of that plan, Gbamin is part of that plan, Bernard is part of that plan, Gomes is part of that plan. If these injuries aren’t making any difference, then fair enough, they aren’t good enough for he team.

Myself... I rate Gomes, Bernard, and think Kean has t had chance to settle yet. Jury is out on Gbamin because we didn't get chance to see much of him. But I won’t wrote them off until they have had a chance. But if your saying they make no difference and we are better without them, or in your words “completely dispute” which surely means you don’t rate them?.... the. I have to strongly, completely disagree!

Now if we’re going to get silly and pick results in isolation, I’m not going to play there again. A season is called a season for a reason, because your position is counted through a whole season.

So no manager in your world should be sacked until the season has ended, great idea 👍

I never said that I didn’t rate the players, I don’t rate the manager to get the best out of the players, and using injuries for the excuse of where we are is just letting him off the hook. 
So stop playing the I’m a better supporter than you card because you don’t want to be disliked for criticising the manager, I think he’s poor and not good enough based on his record and how the team have been playing. 
And I’m going to give you a like for your last post, just to make you feel better 🥰

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

So no manager in your world should be sacked until the season has ended, great idea 👍

I never said that I didn’t rate the players, I don’t rate the manager to get the best out of the players, and using injuries for the excuse of where we are is just letting him off the hook. 
So stop playing the I’m a better supporter than you card because you don’t want to be disliked for criticising the manager, I think he’s poor and not good enough based on his record and how the team have been playing. 
And I’m going to give you a like for your last post, just to make you feel better 🥰

What a stupid comment Palf. Your either fishing mate, or you are struggling and lost the plot.

As for the better supporter, again very low, extremely low. You asked me what I meant by WE, and I answered in the same way I would have answered anyone. I even train my under 8s, that WE are a team, managers, tea lady the lot. 

And I ask you, do you really think I post in a way not to be disliked? I don’t think there are many here that would think the same. Hell I think I run people up the wrong way by mistake sometimes haha! I suggest you take an hour off mate and relax a bit. Your worked up. 

But at least you gave me a like to make up for the dislike a few days ago twat hah!

10 hours ago, StevO said:

So if we get spanked by the best teams in the league in the next few weeks we should sack him?

If he was getting sacked it should have been a month ago. You can’t sack a manager after getting beaten by Liverpool, City and Chelsea. How does that look reasonable to any prospective new managers?

Now he’s made it past his rough patch he has to see out 2019 as a minimum for me, otherwise Moshiri looks trigger happy. 

I think he should have been sacked a few games ago you're right. 

Trouble is now we look at sitting in the bottom 3 just before Xmas if the next 5 fixtures don't go well. 

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

What a stupid comment Palf. Your either fishing mate, or you are struggling and lost the plot.

As for the better supporter, again very low, extremely low. You asked me what I meant by WE, and I answered in the same way I would have answered anyone. I even train my under 8s, that WE are a team, managers, tea lady the lot. 

And I ask you, do you really think I post in a way not to be disliked? I don’t think there are many here that would think the same. Hell I think I run people up the wrong way by mistake sometimes haha! I suggest you take an hour off mate and relax a bit. Your worked up. 

But at least you gave me a like to make up for the dislike a few days ago twat hah!

Not worked up mate, just didn’t appreciate you reading things in my comments that weren’t said or meant, then giving your version of them that I don’t rate Gomes or Bernard, I felt that was said to make me look silly, when I never implied or said that. 
And I know your a decent bloke so no need to go there mate or ask for confirmation of that it’s never been in dispute💋😀

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Not worked up mate, just didn’t appreciate you reading things in my comments that weren’t said or meant, then giving your version of them that I don’t rate Gomes or Bernard, I felt that was said to make me look silly, when I never implied or said that. 
And I know your a decent bloke so no need to go there mate or ask for confirmation of that it’s never been in dispute💋😀

Then I apologise mate. I thought you were trying to twist my words a bit, but realise maybe I was doing exactly that.

Sorry I got worked up there. Think I started typing before thinking. Forgive me.

Comment earlier referred to the 3 year plan when Marco was appointed. I get that, so now we should be solidly 6/7th in order for a tilt at top 4 next season. In what, on paper, was an easy first third of the season all we've done is dropped points against sides we should expect to beat which isn't acceptable.

14 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Then I apologise mate. I thought you were trying to twist my words a bit, but realise maybe I was doing exactly that.

Sorry I got worked up there. Think I started typing before thinking. Forgive me.

Shukes mate you’ve got nothing to apologise for, I shouldn’t have reacted in the way I did, and your right I took a low shot, so we’ve both been docked a point and it’s a friendly draw. 
Now let’s get back to normal service you nutter, and yes I did bite before you mention it 😀

15 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Comment earlier referred to the 3 year plan when Marco was appointed. I get that, so now we should be solidly 6/7th in order for a tilt at top 4 next season. In what, on paper, was an easy first third of the season all we've done is dropped points against sides we should expect to beat which isn't acceptable.

Fair point.

But i will refer to a jigsaw puzzle. 

Liverpool were we’re shit, but then found that one missing piece, Suarez, and started on an uphill slide to where they are now. 

I just don’t think we should judge until all targets are met. If we’re sliding down, then that’s a different story, but we’re not.

We may be stagnant at the moment, but we are missing KEY players.

look, we have players like Kean, who haven’t really had time to adjust yet. We have Gbamin that hadn’t had time yet. Rome wasn’t born in 18 months 😉

Just now, Palfy said:

Shukes mate you’ve got nothing to apologise for, I shouldn’t have reacted in the way I did, and your right I took a low shot, so we’ve both been docked a point and it’s a friendly draw. 
Now let’s get back to normal service you nutter, and yes I did bite before you mention it 😀

Let’s give each other a complimentary meg and move on haha. I know I deserve one.

Mate, I have my kids and my beautiful missus. They struggle to keep my passion about Everton down haha. I’m an ass... I love them so much, but Everton really aren’t far behind. 

Sometimes my passion takes over logic and thought haha as long as you know text doesn’t come across as meant sometimes. 

15 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Season 1: damage control 

Season 2: stabilise and lay a foundation 

Season 3: challenge 

That’s how I’ve seen it. If he fails at the end of the season to have some kind of consistency, then I agree he shouldn’t have longer. Although, you then have to lose at least another season for the next manager implementing his approach, potentially restabilising (though I don’t see that at the moment) the squad and we end up in a vicious circle.  

time to do all this takes years. Chopping and changing only delays that and it’s proven by big squad overhauls. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Season 1: damage control 

Season 2: stabilise and lay a foundation 

Season 3: challenge 

That’s how I’ve seen it. If he fails at the end of the season to have some kind of consistency, then I agree he shouldn’t have longer. Although, you then have to lose at least another season for the next manager implementing his approach, potentially restabilising (though I don’t see that at the moment) the squad and we end up in a vicious circle.  

time to do all this takes years. Chopping and changing only delays that and it’s proven by big squad overhauls. 

I would agree to a lot of that, just that he seems to have got his 1 and 2 seasons in reverse order, which I find very worrying at this moment in time. 

35 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I would agree to a lot of that, just that he seems to have got his 1 and 2 seasons in reverse order, which I find very worrying at this moment in time. 

1 season is complete, the other is less than 33% done. How can you compare the two?

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well so far then season one was better than season two to date, and with the next 6 games coming up, it would seem  difficult to improve it.

If you could clue me into to what you think the lottery numbers would be, I’d be very appreciative. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

Have you fallen off your surfboard 🏄‍♂️ and banged your head you nutter 😎

No disrespect mate but I think you are looking at a manager as an instant fix. Doesn’t matter who we get - with the league as competitive as it is, no one will find success instantly without a re building process with us.

23 minutes ago, Btay said:

No disrespect mate but I think you are looking at a manager as an instant fix. Doesn’t matter who we get - with the league as competitive as it is, no one will find success instantly without a re building process with us.

You are right about instant success mate I cannot and would not argue with that, but I’m struggling to find improvement this season, after his first season and the money spent. 
I think it’s fair to say that we are one of the worst performing teams along with Spurs this season, based on the expectations of everyone who follows football, now some may think that is an exaggeration, but I’ve read it and seen it said in so many area’s of the media, plus I get it on a daily basis from friends or colleagues, there usual retort is what has happened to you lot this season, I’m now answering with one word Silva and most agree with me. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Don't follow the RS but did Klippitty have a long rebuilding process?

2 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Don't follow the RS but did Klippitty have a long rebuilding process?

Long enough, there were a fair few calling for him to go before they got the Champions final last year, and no I don’t follow but I’m local so can’t really avoid the shit they come out with, wish I could TBH. 
The only manager who’s come out of the blocks well recently is Rodgers with Leicester, don’t like him, don’t want him, but he’s doing a bloody good job there after Puel, who I wouldn’t want over Marco in any shape of form, why can’t we have that sort of impetus?

3 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Long enough, there were a fair few calling for him to go before they got the Champions final last year, and no I don’t follow but I’m local so can’t really avoid the shit they come out with, wish I could TBH. 
The only manager who’s come out of the blocks well recently is Rodgers with Leicester, don’t like him, don’t want him, but he’s doing a bloody good job there after Puel, who I wouldn’t want over Marco in any shape of form, why can’t we have that sort of impetus?

Good post. Again not followed but did Brenda do much rebuilding or go with what he inherited? Can't say I've ever felt we have an impetus since Roberto actually.