IGNORED

Marco Silva

If we beat Norwich we could be in maybe 7/8th position. That’s not too bad. If we beat Norwich we’ll have lost one, drawn one and won four out of our last six. It’s a what if, but it’s not a bad run if we can get that win. 

I know it doesn’t get easier with Leicester (though they will attack us and that works in our favour) and then Liverpool (forget that, we’ll get nothing at Anfield), but Chelsea at home isn’t that scary even thought they are playing well. I’m not bothered about going to Old Trafford either. 
From Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea and United I’d take 4 points, if we can sometime get 5 I’d be made up. 
Around Christmas I’m not bothered at all about Arsenal, Burnley and Newcastle. Worth 7 points and 9 points wouldn’t be impossible. 
Id much rather see us come up against these teams than the teams who want to park the bus. I’d always back us against big clubs at Goodison if the crowd turn up. 

21 hours ago, Shukes said:

It also looks like a team with no patience.

It was widely reported by the club and manager that when he started it was a three year project to rebuild the team. Is we sack him after half of that, then I can’t see other managers seeing that as a positive.

Now if we go into freefall, that’s different. And let’s face it, it could happen. We don’t know at this point if the team are improving or not as we have too many injury’s, players that are still getting up to speed.

In one hand were saying players like Kean need more time, but then we’re saying the manager needs to go. We should be looking at the whole situation as a club and not individuals. 

Do we need more time? Or not?

There's no comparison: Kean is not being giving the opportunity to play, whereas Silva is out there every minute or every game.

19 hours ago, Matt said:

Just assuming the BHA penalty wasn't given and we'd won that game, sitting 5-7th (because of goal difference), would you still be wanting him gone? 

If you add the penalty not given at Spurs for the handball and we win that game 2-1, we'd be 5th and 4 points behind 4th, would you still want him gone?

What you're not taking into account is that we've played almost all the bottom half teams and have yet to play the top half teams. You'd have a valid point if it were vice versa.

24 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

What you're not taking into account is that we've played almost all the bottom half teams and have yet to play the top half teams. You'd have a valid point if it were vice versa.

I am taking them into account. I already said we should be playing better and that I understand the frustration 

We've only got 5 points from the teams above us in the league atm and that's without playing most of the top 6.

1 - 2 - 5

Of the five teams below us we've played 4 and got. 

3 - 0 - 1

So we've only beaten the dross of the league and are only win against a team above us was because they were focused elsewhere and even then we only just managed it. 

None of the players are playing that bad. It's the man in charge is just that shite. Poor tactics and lack of leadership. 

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

Above or below when there’s a 5 point gap is a pointless comparison at the moment. 2 wins for us and some losses from those above us and it all changes. It’s simply too early. 

its going to be end of the year for an evaluation on Marco.  The board and Brands especially will want to give him time and the ship is fine for now.  Bar a 7 game losing strike and relegation battle i think the summer is when he will be gone or kept on to see out his contract.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

its going to be end of the year for an evaluation on Marco.  The board and Brands especially will want to give him time and the ship is fine for now.  Bar a 7 game losing strike and relegation battle i think the summer is when he will be gone or kept on to see out his contract.

If he loses every game before Christmas I can see him going. I don’t see us doing that so yeah, pretty much spot on

There's no comparison: Kean is not being giving the opportunity to play, whereas Silva is out there every minute or every game.

I don’t see much from Kean to suggest he should be given a chance over Tosun or DCL. His attitude is poor.

Dropped from Italy by Mancini because he was late to team meetings, dropped from Southampton game because of the same issue. Does he train well? Is his attitude poor in training? Is he all that is cracked up to be?

Every time I see him play he tries the same trick, ball comes to feet and tries to turn the defender and in premier league that doesn’t work. Only young so hope I’m wrong.

Silva needs to be given time, I think we’ve been to hasty with sacking managers. Martinez being an example - highest point total first season, 2 semi finals another season and sacked with 1 game remaining and no chance of relegation? (This was without a budget and given the chance to get his own players)

Koeman was sacked after 2nd season, yes in relegation but that was in October and not given the chance and now Holland are playing well under him.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

People seem to have erased just how shit it was at the end of Martinez’ reign here. I wasn’t far off being as bored as I was with Bisto Tits. 

His first season though, that was an absolute joy. I thought we were seriously going places. 

Completely this!

Matinez was too brash - criminal not even practicing corners or set pieces because the % of goals scored from them is too low. Well, we managed to concede a fair few from them during his time!

Not sure if his 1st season was a shot in the arm, a fresh start for the players or just luck!

11 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Martinez inherited a good squad and added Lukaku. Think the players saw through his bollocks after a season. He let the reigns off pretty much Moyes team attacking wise and we got some good results. He couldn’t sustain that and he lost the plot totally. He should have been sacked earlier than he did 

Disagree agree sorry...why would player performance dip because they saw through his bollocks. The season before they were ALL on a high with such a good prev season.

His tactics and training approach fcuk'd him eventually.....................plus his love for Alcaraz and McGeady fcuk I shuddered at their names

5 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Martinez inherited a good squad and added Lukaku. Think the players saw through his bollocks after a season. He let the reigns off pretty much Moyes team attacking wise and we got some good results. He couldn’t sustain that and he lost the plot totally. He should have been sacked earlier than he did 

Looking back, I think his downfall was being in the Europa League. We did well, but it really screwed up our league position - and that was a spiral from which he never really recovered. I wish he'd been given Moshiri money; then, we wouldn't have had to take gambles on McGeady and the like.

agreed with most on here.  martinez was a con artist.  i'll never forget the interview with McGeady where he said he just straight up lied to players constantly.  he had a meeting with him and he was like where am i at?  i'm not playing i'd like to be.  Martinez said you're class aiden, world class, and blowing smoke up in his ass.  mcgeady said that was the day he realized the dude was off, he couldn't be honest with people and he left shortly after that.  

the whole all positive and no negative thing only works for so long, for us it was just 1 season.

14 hours ago, Cisk said:

Disagree agree sorry...why would player performance dip because they saw through his bollocks. The season before they were ALL on a high with such a good prev season.

His tactics and training approach fcuk'd him eventually.....................plus his love for Alcaraz and McGeady fcuk I shuddered at their names

I’ve said it many times, but because of the success of the first season he assumed everyone was ready for his complete plan and the players he had couldn’t adapt and weren’t suited to what he wanted to do. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed with most on here.  martinez was a con artist.  i'll never forget the interview with McGeady where he said he just straight up lied to players constantly.  he had a meeting with him and he was like where am i at?  i'm not playing i'd like to be.  Martinez said you're class aiden, world class, and blowing smoke up in his ass.  mcgeady said that was the day he realized the dude was off, he couldn't be honest with people and he left shortly after that.  

the whole all positive and no negative thing only works for so long, for us it was just 1 season.

Disagree with most of your points. I wanted him gone at the end but his first season was my favourite in a decade or so. He was positive but I rather that than a moping manager who looks depressed. Do you not think McGeady may have an agenda? 

42 minutes ago, barryj said:

Disagree with most of your points. I wanted him gone at the end but his first season was my favourite in a decade or so. He was positive but I rather that than a moping manager who looks depressed. Do you not think McGeady may have an agenda? 

mcgeady was at sunderland playing week in and out (like he is now) and is very happy.  he was asked about martinez and his time here and he said the man lied to him repeatedly about being in the teams plans for the future, and how he thought he was so talented.  then he was relegated to the bench or not even making the matchday squad consistently.  aiden said he confronted him and got the same smoke blown up the ass, that's when he contacted his agent to try and secure a move the next window because he knew the guy was disingenuous.  

i'm not some big aiden mcgeady fan, but the guy was a decent person and never had issues off the field or in the dressing room, he was well liked by his ireland teammates as well.  i doubt he's making this shit up.  also it makes perfect sense when roberto would say we played beautifully we just didn't win and we got crushed like 3-0 and he looked like an idiot saying we played well and that's what matters.  he was a nutter.  i'm all for positivity but you can't be one sided, you have to be able to see both sides and be honest.  he wasn't able to be.