IGNORED

Marco Silva

11 hours ago, Finn balor said:

The business will die after a few years of watching this Wank. What’s the point of celebrating anything? You are just waiting for a spineless ref to go to var 

I’m sure people said the same thing about offside too.

The other thing that’s sells is controversy and this will rake the money in 

11 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Matt what the fuck are you going on about? If your on the bus or a train and someone stands in your foot are you seriously saying you cannot move? You just fall over?  The game is allegedly a “contact” sport. Let’s just put 22 penguins in football kits and watch that shit. 

I’d imagine I’d struggle to jump if someone 20kg heavier than me had their weight on my foot with studs. once his foot was off id probably be hoping a bit or shaking it off rather than falling over, but that’s mostly down to my experience of breaking bones in my feet (always managed to hop to the closest bench personally, the one time I tried to shake it off was not pleasant :lol: )

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I’d imagine I’d struggle to jump if someone 20kg heavier than me had their weight on my foot with studs. once his foot was off id probably be hoping a bit or shaking it off rather than falling over, but that’s mostly down to my experience of breaking bones in my feet (always managed to hop to the closest bench personally, the one time I tried to shake it off was not pleasant :lol: )

You talk as you are surprised that footballers exaggerate after a contact. In fact it's part of their training regime. Almost every professional player will fall like being shot in the head after even lighter contact in the penalty area. It's what football is these days.

19 minutes ago, Haiku said:

You talk as you are surprised that footballers exaggerate after a contact. In fact it's part of their training regime. Almost every professional player will fall like being shot in the head after even lighter contact in the penalty area. It's what football is these days.

Not at all surprised. But in this case, it’s studded boot on top of the foot. That hurts. He exaggerated but it was still a foul, same as Richarlison. Again, I’m saying I understand the decision but not the inconsistency 

18 hours ago, Aidan said:

There is too much talk about VAR about this match. We lost it because we are awful not because of VAR

I hear what you are saying however if it wasn’t for VAR we would have won the game comfortably

That said bad decisions go against us all the time, we can’t just capitulate like that, the lack of bottle in the final 10 minutes was shocking

19 hours ago, Aidan said:

There is too much talk about VAR about this match. We lost it because we are awful not because of VAR

yeah i have heard many coaches say "if everything comes down to that one decision we shouldn't have won anyway" .  we need to be up 2-0 or 3-1 and have the game put to bed so if any crazy VAR or card offense or whatever comes up it won't matter, the game will already be won.  look at city, they bulldoze teams and don't let up.  F this Moyes tactic, putting delph on to see out the game, i want a blitzkreig 5-0 win!

Just now, Cisk said:

Still not sure...im 60-40 against players at the mo. Patience is waining though.

Same for me. If Iwobi doesn't make that pass then the Spurs goal never happens. We weren't great, but we were better than Spurs and that draw feels like a loss to me. If VAR wasn't a joke then we potentially get two penalties (although an argument could be made that Spurs should've had one too).

12 minutes ago, Cisk said:

Still not sure...im 60-40 against players at the mo. Patience is waining though.

I feel sorry for him given some of the performances some players are putting in. On the other hand, a fire needs lighting under the lot of em. I doubt he's the man to do that. 

51 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Gomes Injury has masked over the performance. We were shit all game. Next two games will decide his fate. Southampton and Norwich.  We are in a bad place. We win one we lose one or two. Is that progress? 

All I hear is “he needs one more game” or “he needs two more games”.  No! Look the holiday schedule, folks. We need change before then or we are in deep trouble. If we do this poorly in the far easier end of the schedule, what are the prospects in December? Be decisive now.  

He's being unlucky with injuries but hes being lucky in that that probably keeping him in his job. The Gomes injury masked another poor performance today. Just no ideas going forward we are so slow with the ball. Next week a nailed on draw to get him through the international break before the dreaded December......

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

The really annoying thing is the way points have (potentially) been taken away from us in the last few games by officials/VAR. We could easily have five more points now and be sitting comfortably in 8th, that would've calmed the players down a bit and we could've been looking at the next couple of games as a chance to get above Arsenal and into 5th. As it is they, and we, are all still on edge.

Exactly this.

I think everyone can admit there’s not been great consistency in results and player performances - which Silva needs to take responsibility for. However in this given league - no team other than Liverpool and Man City have had that. Give Leicester the same injuries and some of the unfavourable calls we have had and I’m not sure they sit so high in the table.

We are in a bad way when we get to the stage that we are relying on VAR to win our points. 
Christ we should be comfortable winning games against most of the teams we’ve played this season, not looking at technology as an excuse as to why we are in the position we are.

For me we need to change the desire and focus  of the team and it’s system,  and the only way I can see that happening is changing the manager l believe Silva has run out of ideas, god knows where the next win will be if not at Southampton then we are going to be fighting for our survival in this league, and I won’t be blaming VAR for our downfall. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We are in a bad way when we get to the stage that we are relying on VAR to win our points. 
Christ we should be comfortable winning games against most of the teams we’ve played this season, not looking at technology as an excuse as to why we are in the position we are.

For me we need to change the desire and focus  of the team and it’s system,  and the only way I can see that happening is changing the manager l believe Silva has run out of ideas, god knows where the next win will be if not at Southampton then we are going to be fighting for our survival in this league, and I won’t be blaming VAR for our downfall. 

Understand your points but from 3rd to about 14th there are teams capable of keeping the game close and small margins can determine big outcomes. No team outside the top 2 are going to consistently play teams off the park - maybe we can build to that I.e west ham, comfortable against Brighton until a sketchy pen and in all honesty comfortable against spurs bar 1 bad give away.

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

We're relying on VAR to stop taking points away from us more like. Like Btay has said, we have been poor but some of the decisions against us this season have been killers. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We're relying on VAR to stop taking points away from us more like. Like Btay has said, we have been poor but some of the decisions against us this season have been killers. 

That’s happened to most teams with VAR decisions. 
Seen a stat today that we are fourth highest in the league with big chances missed 17 was the number, that’s a more concerning part of our game than a few dubious VAR decisions. 
So let’s concern our more about how shit we are in front of goal, the manager has more control of that than a VAR decision. 

If we get relegated are we going to blame VAR and not the manager. 

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don't think any team out there can be confident about winning comfortably, even City and Liverpool, both of who crept past Southampton and Villa respectfully last weekend. Every game is a tough one and fans seem dismissive of the supposed "easy" teams and I suspect an element of that is with the players as well, but I see that with players in every team at times.

If you go out with the wrong attitude in this league you will get beaten.

I don’t agree with that. Over a season Liverpool and city would be confident of beating anybody at every game comfortably. That’s why there are at the top of the tree. Just like the uniteds and arsenals back in the day. They are that good over a season they may get the shitty odd var decision but they will still beat those teams. The big one is when they play each other and var has an outcome. Arseholes will be twitching this weekend