IGNORED

Marco Silva

12 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Must be the only person in the world who thinks that. If that’s a penno. The game is gone. Var will be sued pretty quickly if it’s a company or a thing. The game is gone. The game will be stopped every second. 

He stands on his foot as the last defender, even if it was purely accidental. 

You’d be arguing it’s a definite pen if it was one of our players that went down 

13 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

So any contact in the area when clearly unintentional is a penalty ? 

No, but he stood on the top of his foot, Impeded his movement. As I said above, we’d be livid if that went to VAR for us and it was no pen because of the contact being unintentional 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No, but he stood on the top of his foot, Impeded his movement. As I said above, we’d be livid if that went to VAR for us and it was no pen because of the contact being unintentional 

Never a penalty in a million years . Keane was looking at the ball and it was a complete accident 

IF it had been the other way around I would have said the same thing, farcical decision 

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Never a penalty in a million years . Keane was looking at the ball and it was a complete accident 

IF it had been the other way around I would have said the same thing, farcical decision 

Unintentional doesn’t mean it’s not a foul though. I didn’t think it was until I saw the foot on top of the other, 

all that said, how we didn’t get a call for Richarlison being pushed to the ground I’ll never know. Much clearer example of contact and a foul. Maybe he’s just making a name for himself going over too easily

15 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

So any contact in the area when clearly unintentional is a penalty ? 

I think so most penalties would be unintentional by that I mean mistimed or accidental but if you impede a player for what ever reason it’s a foul, and in the penalty box it must be a penalty a harsh one granted. 

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

Unintentional doesn’t mean it’s not a foul though. I didn’t think it was until I saw the foot on top of the other, 

all that said, how we didn’t get a call for Richarlison being pushed to the ground I’ll never know. Much clearer example of contact and a foul. Maybe he’s just making a name for himself going over too easily

I thought it was a penalty too. So you're not alone.

We definitely should've had one for Richarlison though. Davies was also being held by a Brighton defender on that corner as well as far as I can remember.

I don't understand VAR at all. It's a mess.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

My complaint is that it took a long time for VAR to give the pen.  The rule states “clear and obvious.”  If it takes multiple viewings, it’s unlikely to have been clear and obvious.  I’m irritated that Silva didn’t make that point.

As to the push on Richarlison, as Matt says, that seemed clearly (thus obviously) a foul; but I suspect Matt’s point about Richarlison already having a reputation as a diver was a factor.

3 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

My complaint is that it took a long time for VAR to give the pen.  The rule states “clear and obvious.”  If it takes multiple viewings, it’s unlikely to have been clear and obvious.  I’m irritated that Silva didn’t make that point.

As to the push on Richarlison, as Matt says, that seemed clearly (thus obviously) a foul; but I suspect Matt’s point about Richarlison already having a reputation as a diver was a factor.

That, plus he was already leaning down which won’t have helped him, but it was just as “clear and obvious”, and more international than Keanes challenge. He does need to learn to be stronger and not mope about on the floor as much in general anyway 

should be 10s countdown and if they can’t decide in that time then it’s not clear and obvious. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

The rules say that it has to be intentional to be a penalty though Matt. 

A collision should be an indirect free kick.

If you try to tackle, but mess it up, it’s a penalty because you were intentionally trying to tackle.

An accidental collision by the letter of the law is an indirect free kick.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

All I want is consistency. What I find hard to accept is that all season VAR has backed the referee even when there was a clear error. There was a review over the international break and I think they’ve been looking to overturn a decision and in my opinion we were the victims of this. Keane has his eye on the ball the whole time, minimal contact and I think the reaction of the stricker wasn’t natural. No pen for me and I’d reluctantly agree if it was the other way round. That said we can’t keep pitying ourselves as if we’d been 2/3 up it wouldn’t of made a difference. 

56 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If you try to tackle, but mess it up, it’s a penalty because you were intentionally trying to tackle.

Collision is a direct free kick it’s ‘Impedes the progression of an opponent (obstruction)’ that is n indirect free kick. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

He was challenging for the ball, he stepped on a foot which impeded the opposition from potentially getting to the ball (which he was never going to, and I also thought that was part of the decision making?) 

anyway, like Barry said - consistency. Both teams should’ve had one

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

He was challenging for the ball, he stepped on a foot which impeded the opposition from potentially getting to the ball (which he was never going to, and I also thought that was part of the decision making?) 

anyway, like Barry said - consistency. Both teams should’ve had one

Watching the video though, I don’t see him challenge for the ball at any time. This is where I think VAR fails. You cant have a free kick any time a player touches another. 

Any match you watch has collisions all through the match. If we go down this route, football will become a non contact sport. 

Ex referees are coming out saying it was never a penalty, Brighton’s own fans are laughing on Twitter, as they can’t believe they got a penalty out of it. Brighton’s won players are saying that VAR has become farcicle. We were cheated! 

23 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

So as your in the box waiting for a corner where there is over 16 players in the box and someone stands on your toe that’s a penno? What a load of shite. 

My thoughts exactly Finn.

Whilst the penalty decision derailed us, and I think we would have won the match if it hadn’t been given, the first goal was poor goalkeeping, and for the third we had lost our shape, Sidibe way out of position leading to Holgate and Digne struggling, of course if we had scored when Sidibe was up top we would all be happy with a 3-2 win and praising the team for going for the win.

28 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

So as your in the box waiting for a corner where there is over 16 players in the box and someone stands on your toe that’s a penno? What a load of shite. 

We’re not talking about a toe here though. We’re talking foot on top of the other which means the opponent cannot move. Just like if someone has two hands around you isn’t the same as a tap on the shoulder  

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

We’re not talking about a toe here though. We’re talking foot on top of the other which means the opponent cannot move. Just like if someone has two hands around you isn’t the same as a tap on the shoulder  

If that’s a pen and is now the benchmark then there will never be another clean sheet in the Premiership ever

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Matt what the fuck are you going on about? If your on the bus or a train and someone stands in your foot are you seriously saying you cannot move? You just fall over?  The game is allegedly a “contact” sport. Let’s just put 22 penguins in football kits and watch that shit. 

We are 5th from bottom 2 points from a relegation spot, and that one penalty decision isn’t the reason why, it’s because after possibly the easiest 10 games we’ve had to the start of a season with have been shite, wake up lads and see what’s happening around us, we have Spurs next if we lose that he should go. 
He’s had the money he’s bought his players he’s had plenty of time, and after the Spurs game we could be in the bottom 3, what’s happened to all this will be our season, we’ve got a great chance to even finish 4th some were saying, what’s happened is fucking embarrassing and very sackable, for me next game is make or break. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Watching the video though, I don’t see him challenge for the ball at any time. This is where I think VAR fails. You cant have a free kick any time a player touches another. 

Any match you watch has collisions all through the match. If we go down this route, football will become a non contact sport. 

Ex referees are coming out saying it was never a penalty, Brighton’s own fans are laughing on Twitter, as they can’t believe they got a penalty out of it. Brighton’s won players are saying that VAR has become farcicle. We were cheated! 

This is exactly it. The week before in the Utd/Liverpool game, the Utd player clearly kicked the Liverpool player, albeit not a significant kick and not deemed to have had enough of an effect on the player to have changed what happened next. If that same judgment was applied to this game it wouldn't have been a goal.

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

That is how I see it. Players are starting to wise up too as they are rolling around on the floor for innocuous contact because they know if they review it there is a chance of it being called a foul and therefore a penalty.

49 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We are 5th from bottom 2 points from a relegation spot, and that one penalty decision isn’t the reason why, it’s because after possibly the easiest 10 games we’ve had to the start of a season with have been shite, wake up lads and see what’s happening around us, we have Spurs next if we lose that he should go. 
He’s had the money he’s bought his players he’s had plenty of time, and after the Spurs game we could be in the bottom 3, what’s happened to all this will be our season, we’ve got a great chance to even finish 4th some were saying, what’s happened is fucking embarrassing and very sackable, for me next game is make or break. 

Why the next game? I would say playing a lowly team like Brighton should be make or break.