IGNORED

Marco Silva

What justification is their for him to stay when he overlooked Davies and Holgate all last season and the start of this one. Both have shown how inept he is. I'd even argue DCL given it took half a season before he'd trust him up top even though he clearly suited the role more than Tosun and Richarlison. 

12 hours ago, Btay said:

This won’t be popular but I want to stick with Silva. The league is so tight - the points lost at Brighton would have had us even with 5th. Mass injuries at the moment haven’t helped Leicester are in good form but an injury to a few starters would seriously hinder them. I don’t actually fear the next run of fixtures so much.

Norwich, Leicester, Liverpool, chelsea, Man U & Arsenal. 

Norwich we need to win. Leicester - who knows but let’s get at them and we can get points. We turned up well for the last 2 derby’s and I don’t fear Man U or arsenal one bit. 

Despite what I said a few weeks ago about needing to beat West Ham, Brighton and Watford coming out of the international break for him to keep his job, I'm with you Btay. I've always found this decision to be so difficult - with the exception of Allardyce, hated every second of him. Martinez and Koeman weren't cut and dry either. For me I've always put the most stock into how the players react to and speak about the manager. There is real, genuine respect there from most if not all of them. That speaks volumes. 

10 hours ago, pete0 said:

What justification is their for him to stay when he overlooked Davies and Holgate all last season and the start of this one. Both have shown how inept he is. I'd even argue DCL given it took half a season before he'd trust him up top even though he clearly suited the role more than Tosun and Richarlison. 

Davies and Holgate are in a good run of form no doubt about it and it's outstanding to see. We've also seen each of them make critical mistakes. Don't mistake 3 or 4 games as proof they're established quality premier league players. 

15 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Also what do stats like this say? Seems we aren't giving him enough credit for creating chances and at the same time not giving the players enough crap for wasting them. 

There have been awful mistakes made by our players this season with the most recent being the Iwobi back pass. I also hate using this as an excuse, but VAR hasn't been that kind to us either. We also really need an established striker to lead the line because as shown above, we can't finish our chances. 

Can we play better? Yes. We've looked better the last few games and hopefully it continues. The only thing that has me really disappointed is the fact that we had what is considered an easy start in our schedule. We truly did not take advantage of that. 

I have a feeling with the games coming up we could be in our worst predicament in the league for years. 
I’m done with Silva to be honest I have been for the last few weeks, I had been trying to give him the benefit of doubt up to then, but I have no doubt now he’s not good enough he hasn’t got the knowledge or ideas to move us forward. 
It’s not just the results although them alone should be reason enough to get rid, it’s just as much how good players look a shadow of themselves in his team, and don’t seem to be able to perform to their best. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I have a feeling with the games coming up we could be in our worst predicament in the league for years. 
I’m done with Silva to be honest I have been for the last few weeks, I had been trying to give him the benefit of doubt up to then, but I have no doubt now he’s not good enough he hasn’t got the knowledge or ideas to move us forward. 
It’s not just the results although them alone should be reason enough to get rid, it’s just as much how good players look a shadow of themselves in his team, and don’t seem to be able to perform to their best. 

I think after that difficult run a Silva's fate will be decided. He did it at the end of last year so this is going to be a make or break and the derby is a massive game for us. He wins or draws with a great display then that could reignite us. 

Just now, Aidan said:

I think after that difficult run a Silva's fate will be decided. He did it at the end of last year so this is going to be a make or break and the derby is a massive game for us. He wins or draws with a great display then that could reignite us. 

I hope you’re right. 

So if we get spanked by the best teams in the league in the next few weeks we should sack him?

If he was getting sacked it should have been a month ago. You can’t sack a manager after getting beaten by Liverpool, City and Chelsea. How does that look reasonable to any prospective new managers?

Now he’s made it past his rough patch he has to see out 2019 as a minimum for me, otherwise Moshiri looks trigger happy. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

f he was getting sacked it should have been a month ago. You can’t sack a manager after getting beaten by Liverpool, City and Chelsea. How does that look reasonable to any prospective new managers?

You can if because coming into December you are languishing in the bottom 4 or 5, after you fucked up the easiest start to a season we have had for years, which has now left you more like  relegation candidates than top 6 candidates, which the majority on here believed we would be. 
So for me you can definitely be sacked if spanked by the teams you mentioned at this stage of the season,  when you consider what led up to it and where it leaves us. 
How do we look to new managers if that happened, I think we would look like a team that wants to go places, who are prepared to back the manager with the financial means to buy the players he wants, who as in Silva’s case are prepared to give you time to implement your style, but what we won’t accept is that once we have given you what you need, you then repay us with poor performances that leave us near the foot of the table. 
That in my opinion is what the sacking of Silva would say to other managers. 

It also looks like a team with no patience.

It was widely reported by the club and manager that when he started it was a three year project to rebuild the team. Is we sack him after half of that, then I can’t see other managers seeing that as a positive.

Now if we go into freefall, that’s different. And let’s face it, it could happen. We don’t know at this point if the team are improving or not as we have too many injury’s, players that are still getting up to speed.

In one hand were saying players like Kean need more time, but then we’re saying the manager needs to go. We should be looking at the whole situation as a club and not individuals. 

Do we need more time? Or not?

19 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Do we need more time? Or not?

What you mean by we I’m not sure, Silva’s had his money and his time to turn things round, you use injuries as the reason why we are in this position I completely dispute that, in fact we have done better since the injuries. 
A couple of hundred million and 18 months down the line is were you are happy and expect us to be. 
I think most managers worth there salt would expect to be sacked for his record, and are bemused by the fact he hasn’t already gone, I think we have been more than patient when it comes to Silva if that’s what you mean by we. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

So if we get spanked by the best teams in the league in the next few weeks we should sack him?

If he was getting sacked it should have been a month ago. You can’t sack a manager after getting beaten by Liverpool, City and Chelsea. How does that look reasonable to any prospective new managers?

Now he’s made it past his rough patch he has to see out 2019 as a minimum for me, otherwise Moshiri looks trigger happy. 

It will be the manner of the spanking, if it happens. IF we give them hell and lose, he still gets some time. IF he sets up to be steamrolled, then he should go. I know which one is more likely, assuming the only scenario in question is getting spanked - we might well give a spanking to them, and then what!

49 minutes ago, Btay said:

We could get pep or Klopp and still be where we are,  the league is that tight. 3 points from us in 15th to 5th. I think the contentious calls against us go our way and no one is even questioning Silva right now.

A bit of sense!

We've not even completed the first 3rd of the season and people are talking about relegation - 5 points off the bottom three, 3 behind an automatic EL spot... Silva isn't even half way through his 3 year contract yet and people want him to undo years of damage, whilst win everything, whilst playing beautiful football... Maybe we should be pissed off that he doesn't give us the winning lottery ticket numbers each week too!

This kind of negative short-sighted talk, whilst understandable because of the frustration this season, ended up with the previous manager in charge last time we panicked. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We are in this position with Silva relying now on trying to get results from the better teams in the league, because he has failed to get them against the lesser teams. 

Just assuming the BHA penalty wasn't given and we'd won that game, sitting 5-7th (because of goal difference), would you still be wanting him gone? 

If you add the penalty not given at Spurs for the handball and we win that game 2-1, we'd be 5th and 4 points behind 4th, would you still want him gone?