IGNORED

Marco Silva

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I’ve looked on websites and one in particular believes morishi is getting bad advice continually off agents. If brands is the guru he needs to get rid of the shite and bring in young hungry players that want to achieve something. We are looking at a clear out again. 

As a successful lawyer and businessman he should be able to recognise when someone is taking him for a ride for their own ends. My own feeling is Brands hasn't been ruthless enough. And our summer transfer work is looking like a complete embarrassment yet again. 

He should have gone last year. I’ve seen no signs of progress whatsoever. The football is utter drivel. This brands getting a free ride off some too. That summer business was garbage. Had 70 mill of it on the bench today (iwobi is average at best btw), one doesn’t even come on, and the right back he’s had a season to find is a woeful defender. He’s getting pulled after an hour to bring a finished Seamus back on. Just stinks the club from top to bottom. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marco Silva being helped by lack of alternatives. Moshiri’s “project” would be shown up somewhat if, after watching Spurs replace Pochettino with Mourinho within hours, he has to sack Silva then take the very desperate measures of bring back David Moyes as an interim option.</p>&mdash; Phil McNulty (@philmcnulty) <a href="https://twitter.com/philmcnulty/status/1198378314399911941?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sorry, I've no idea how to insert a tweet here. 

51 minutes ago, Steve_E said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marco Silva being helped by lack of alternatives. Moshiri’s “project” would be shown up somewhat if, after watching Spurs replace Pochettino with Mourinho within hours, he has to sack Silva then take the very desperate measures of bring back David Moyes as an interim option.</p>&mdash; Phil McNulty (@philmcnulty) <a href="https://twitter.com/philmcnulty/status/1198378314399911941?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sorry, I've no idea how to insert a tweet here. 

True that. Tottenham clearly had a backup plan. We do not look prepared for a change that is long overdue. A bit frustrated, because Mourinho was there just waiting for the call and we missed on him, because Moshiri thought Silva could turn things around with all that evidence that he's the shittest manager we had post Moyes era. What a joke.

We will get absolutely battered next week and the week after. Silva has no clue of his best team. He is chopping and changing upfront and I’m not even going to watch Morgan and gilfi against the shite. They are too slow. We should have got someone in during the international break and had them for yesterday’s game 

I only stayed longer for the reaction on the final whistle. I can’t see the point of letting him manage another game. The players look devoid of all confidence. Other that Davies and the small cameo from Iwobi no other player looked to do anything positive with the ball. Depressing. 

Let’s say for arguements sake we somehow manage to win next week. We then go to Liverpool and get a hiding. What has changed? We are going nowhere. If silva is morishi’s boy then maybe he hasn’t sounded out people because he has belief in him. That needs to happen now. Find out who would take the job and then act 

16 hours ago, Haiku said:

True that. Tottenham clearly had a backup plan. We do not look prepared for a change that is long overdue. A bit frustrated, because Mourinho was there just waiting for the call and we missed on him, because Moshiri thought Silva could turn things around with all that evidence that he's the shittest manager we had post Moyes era. What a joke.

The difference is that Spurs have a hell of a lot more pulling power than we do. Most managers would happily ditch their current jobs to manage a side that had got to the CL final the season before. Even managers like Mourinho knew that if they wait around long enough, one of those elite sides would come knocking on his door.

I have absolutely no doubt that if we could have got him then Mourinho would have been brought in but we aren't anywhere near enough of a prospect to entice the best managers to come here. We have money and some decent players but we have done fuck all for a very long time and we are going through managers every couple of seasons and the fans are on their back after 6 games if things aren't going well.

Mouriniho is reportedly on £15 mill a year. I’m sorry but someone like him would never be on our radar and nor would I want him to be. Every clubs fans are moaning after six games that’s the world we live in. Everybody wants success straight away. That’s why young players aren’t coming through because it’s too much of a risk for a manager. Look at Watford. Changed their manager and still no better off 

37 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Mouriniho is reportedly on £15 mill a year. 

So what? We paid twice that for most of our players. Heck, Tosun costed us about £25 mil alone if I'm not mistaken. And that's just the signing fees, not counting the weekly salary, agent fees, bonuses etc. If the manager is good, that's a steal. Their improved league position will repay triple that expense. It's not a lot of money for someone who's job is as important as the whole playing staff together. Even £50 mil. a year looks like a good deal for someone who's going to get us in top 6 consistently season after season.

17 minutes ago, Haiku said:

So what? We paid twice that for most of our players. Heck, Tosun costed us about £25 mil alone if I'm not mistaken. And that's just the signing fees, not counting the weekly salary, agent fees, bonuses etc. If the manager is good, that's a steal. Their improved league position will repay triple that expense. It's not a lot of money for someone who's job is as important as the whole playing staff together. Even £50 mil. a year looks like a good deal for someone who's going to get us in top 6 consistently season after season.

I'd suggest that to finish top 6 every season we need to be doing anything but looking at the Mourinhos of this world. We need a hungry manager who gets the club, has the talent and leadership to impose a vision and the commitment to stick at it over several years. 

24 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'd suggest that to finish top 6 every season we need to be doing anything but looking at the Mourinhos of this world. We need a hungry manager who gets the club, has the talent and leadership to impose a vision and the commitment to stick at it over several years. 

Marco Silva then 😄 I know what you mean, we got Marco in because we hoped he would be that man, but he clearly isn't up to the task. Yesterday was horrible, I'm not one to call for a manager to be sacked, but to have your own fans singing "your getting sacked in the morning " is real bad and if he had any dignity he would have walked. 

4 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Well. What to do, what to do?

You guys n gals know me from previous times like this - I back the manager until I can no more, which is usually quite a bit after the hardcore have been shouting n screaming since the original appointment. I like to give the manager my full backing, and tend to find the positives in the appointment. And continue to let hope and the positives drive my thoughts until it's impossible to do anymore. I was the same with Moyes, Martinez, Unsworth, Koeman...Fat Sam never got a sniff to be honest, I sussed that fucker straight off...and now Silva.

Silva. Clean looking, young, exciting, a touch of positive arrogance, well thought of within the game. The project was on. The man for the next 5 years, to take us forward into a new stadium and up the table. There would be wobbles I said, but it's all part of the learning curve. So long as we show we are learning from said wobbles, then that's fine. It would take a good 2-3 years to stabilise. To get rid of dead wood. To get the squad balanced. And we would inch our way forward bit by bit. We needed to think of it as a long term project. Stop rushing, sacking, spunking cash on shite. Silva. Brands. Sorted. Patience needed.

But now I'm at that 'end of the road' point like I eventually got to with the previous lot. And the route of it, for me, is seeing how we have not learnt from the mistakes. When we went through that rough spell last season (Dec - Feb?), it was woeful. We were making the same mistakes over and over. Then we seemed to get over it, fix it, and push on. Happy days. But to then see the exact same shit happening again, those exact same errors - that's unforgivable. Really, it's not acceptable. It reveals that Silva is clearly lacking in key areas of his mentality when it comes to playing the game. That we are seeing the same sort of performances, coming unstuck time and again, defensive errors and wasted opportunities time and again, you all know what I mean.

We've now lost 7 games from 13. We are now looking at losing 15 - 20 games this season. Unforgivable. For the investment, that's diabolical. The squad we have, ok, it's not a top top squad, but it's better than 7 defeats in 13 when you've only played a couple of the real top teams.

But what next? I've no idea. I know the likes of Moyes, Unsworth, Big Dunc get a big NO from me. But who else can we get? Poch? That would be amazing and I'd slash tyres if we haven't initiated any contact. Realistic? Nope. I've no idea who. I mean, Emery was the cream of the crop a couple of years ago but he's struggled too, so you just don't know.

What I do know is that this is really disappointing, the whole project over the last few years has been a car crash. And I've no idea what we do next. Sack him, start again for the, what, 4th time in recent years? More money spent, more players to get rid of at a fraction of their cost, more expensive contract write offs etc.

I just find myself shrugging my shoulders and shaking my head. More questions than answers I'm afraid.

Hope you've all been well by the way 👍

Cant disagree